Will seething be nerfed?

I never used seething potions in my i think now 2.5 years of playing PoE over roughly 80+ characters between lvls 80-92 (which is when i usually burn out or a league ends with the amount of allts i run)

Mandatory wot?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Catalysed Eternal Life Flasks are pretty underrated. 2.5k hp over 2.7 seconds is almost 1k hp/second, not including Flask nodes or buffs (such as from Belly of the Beast).
I wouldn't say so.
I typically run 2 Seethings and 1 Catalyzed Eternal. The Eternal is good for general purpose bulk healing outside of when you don't really need the Seethings.
What in the fuck happened here?
Casually casual.

"
Vegnarus wrote:

That's gonna be a problem though because the only usable (or reliable) Life Flasks are seething flasks.

I dont think thats true tbh

I think all 3 of those are equally strong
is I dont know an acceptable answer?
I dont see any any key!
No, in fact I somewhat prefer bubbling flasks myself. The only "nerf" that would be reasonable given the current balance of the game would be to make bubbling + seething mods more rare to acquire than other flask mods.

The game is balanced around the fact that we have access to instant flasks. Monsters hit hard in high maps and as counterplay we use seething pots to quickly avoid dying to any successive hits. What you're suggesting would upset the balance between damage spikes and healing and would require effort to reach a good equilibrium point.

Now since they are in beta, they could certainly take the time to do so, but the real question is "Why should they?" You haven't come up with a compelling argument or reason why GGG should address this other than a very flimsy "everyone uses it" claim. Believe it not, no, not everyone uses it. Some people prefer Catalyzed/Saturated eternal flasks (insane regen/sec), some prefer panic flasks, some use seething, some use bubbling, and some don't use any at all. You're pulling for straws with that one, especially because I could use your line of reasoning to suggest anything should be nerfed in the game. "Everyone uses resist flasks, please nerf. Everyone uses granites, nerf. Everyone uses helmets, please remove from the game."

So no, I don't believe seething will be nerfed/removed. It actually takes a reasonable reaction time to use your potions correctly in dangerous situations. Without them, people would just be way to scared to enter rooms and it would slow down gameplay significantly. There's nothing wrong with seething in their current state. You sacrifice sustain over time for burst healing.
IGN: ExplicitSkill
"
Boem wrote:
I never used seething potions in my i think now 2.5 years of playing PoE over roughly 80+ characters between lvls 80-92

http://imgur.com/7e8qY7R

^_-
"
Explicitskill wrote:

The game is balanced around the fact that we have access to instant flasks. Monsters hit hard in high maps and as counterplay we use seething pots to quickly avoid dying to any successive hits. What you're suggesting would upset the balance between damage spikes and healing and would require effort to reach a good equilibrium point.

The fact the game is balanced around one specific potion mod is exactly why they should change it. Otherwise, why have any mods other than seething?
I'm running Catalyzed Eternal flask with Staunching and Seething Divine flask with freeze removal. Bulk of my healing is done through Catalyzed Eternal flask, it provides 924 hp per second and heals total of 2.5k hp. Add buffs from items and skill tree to easily break 1.2k hp per second.

Seething is not benefiting from all flask buffs and it is just too weak for general healing. I, however, get used to pop Seething whenever my CWDT IC goes off because I have it set to 970hp threshold.

I dont see Seething mod as too strong, it is balanced by fact it can heal limited amount of HP and you either run multiple Seething flasks or risk running out of charges. Having multiple flasks mean you cant have utility flask either.

This is my current setup on my Static Strike scion:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info