Will seething be nerfed?

So, after considering GGG is targeting things that are mandatory in game, do you guys think seething will finally be nerfed?

vote whether you think it should be nerfed or not and post your opinion on why.

http://strawpoll.me/4189661/

I think it should be heavily nerfed, to the point you actually need to take the flask passives in order for it to have any use at all. Currently it is the primary mod everyone uses on life pots and that needs to change.
Last edited by nil4t on Apr 23, 2015, 1:34:24 PM
In what way seething on flasks can be nerfed?They can only remove it,but in that case they need to remove bleeding from game also.
"
And1111 wrote:
In what way seething on flasks can be nerfed?They can only remove it,but in that case they need to remove bleeding from game also.

Seething is instant recovery. I believe you are thinking of staunching which removes bleeding
"
nil4t wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:

Seething is instant recovery. I believe you are thinking of staunching which removes bleeding

Oh yeah,i thought staunching,my bad.
I dont think that seething flaks need nerf,especially becuase ggg said they will increase monster dmg at all levels in 2,00.
It's allready very easy to rip in this game,one tiny moment of lack of concetration and boom,ressurect in standard.
Last edited by And1111 on Apr 23, 2015, 2:17:32 PM
Nothing wrong with it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Seething did lose out a bit when flasks became able to keep preventing status ailments and bleeds during their effect. Between that and the lower total effect of Seething I don't see any need to nerf it. I would remove Surgeon's way before I targeted Seething flasks!
It should be removed entirely. Like shotgunning and snapshotting it's a fundamentally broken mechanic that makes balancing monster damage extremely difficult.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
ephetat wrote:
It should be removed entirely. Like shotgunning and snapshotting it's a fundamentally broken mechanic that makes balancing monster damage extremely difficult.

I think you make a very good point about balancing monster damage. However, I am not sure removing the mod entirely is the best option. Maybe GGG could make it so seething modded flasks only have a single charge. That way it would be really good for those occasional big hits, but you would not be able to simply spam them like people do now.
"
nil4t wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:

I think you make a very good point about balancing monster damage. However, I am not sure removing the mod entirely is the best option. Maybe GGG could make it so seething modded flasks only have a single charge. That way it would be really good for those occasional big hits, but you would not be able to simply spam them like people do now.

That's gonna be a problem though because the only usable (or reliable) Life Flasks are seething flasks. That would make the game even more frustrating in my opinion. For me, staunching and seething flasks are a must, especially in late Cruel and Merciless where there are more damage sources and the monsters hit harder.

But bleeding, burst damage and high damage hits can be so ridiculous that it makes these 2 mods mandatory. Maybe if they cut down the recovery time of regular flasks considerably, they'd see more use and nerfing Seething via less charges would be more acceptable.

I think overhauling the Flask system and retooling some mods, grouping some of them together, as well as using small icons to indicate their effects (like gem supports) would make them more interesting and maybe finally allow Rare Flasks to come back in the game in some form.

Some effects also have a small time frame to be applied via Life and Mana Flasks (eg. 2% Mana Leech during flask effect) so making it a small buff using the flask's duration instead would be better. It would add some more depth to flasks and how they are used.

But to get back to Seething, I think it's fine but it just shows how unbalanced monster damage is especially compared to how Life Flasks work (long regen time). Chris said that they're also trying to make the game even more difficult (as if it wasn't already) so I don't know how that will play out.
"
nil4t wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:

I can come up with one good reason to it should be removed.
Nobody runs anything else because it's the perfect "PANIC BUTTON", we rather use that instead of the proper "PANIC" Mod on Flasks, that says a lot really.

However the other Mods needs a small buff tbh, except for Bubbling.

And to people who's gonna cry about monster damage forcing you into abusing Seething - Shotgun will be removed, finally.
This probably will make GMP useless as hell though, we'll see.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Apr 23, 2015, 5:07:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info