The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

It's cool that they are getting more people in. Think of the access this way, all those people getting in are taken out of the stack for the timer to add more beta testers so your chances to get in go up. GGG has even said that eventually the timer will get shorter later on so even more than 288 people at the current rate per day will get in. In my opinion, the people coming in later will have a better time in the beta than the ones who start earlier.

Still, getting to try out the new stuff is fun.
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Yeeshak wrote:
So, with the new supporter packs of The Awakening we will have a "closed beta access" on the top tier packs too? People who can't spent shitons of money can't have access?

Just going by first post, this is nothing more than GGG rewarding people who supported them significantly in the past by buying major supporter packs. This seems like a good thing, generally.

If they decide to include Awakening supporter packs as a part of the Beta promotion...then it's crossed a line about p2p/p2w that GGG claimed they'd never cross. However! This hasn't happened yet and talking about it as if it has would be speculative/false/irresponsible.

I can't say this makes me wish I'd bought a pack in the past though, Beta access isn't that important a part of IRL things to make me wistful lol. The thing I miss is not being able to play the next step of PoE's evolution...that sucks and probably always will until I can finally get to the challenge. Watching streamers play was nice the first day or so, after that it's like "ARGH, why am I WATCHING" lol :(

How would it be a bad thing? It would incentivize support, to further improve the game. And those people would become top tier supporters as well. Nobody is forcing you to pay, but on the flip side if you can afford to do so, you are granting yourself access, as well as supporting a game you love. Only support for the right reasons, imo.
I love pie.
It's amazing how no matter what GGG does, tons of people are ready to shit on them.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Great update looking forward to the 5 day league. Test the content fella's !!
Awesome, just in time for the weekend. I'll get a lot of testing done!
"
Drumheller wrote:
To those at lower supporter levels:

Perhaps GGG is planning to phase supporters in level by level over time.

Just a guess.

Probably a very good guess. I'm still very hopeful that I'll get in eventually, even if it's not right away. And not getting in right away might not be ALL bad either. Means at least the major problems/bug/crashes will be out of the way by that point and can focus more on things like balance issues.

And for everyone complaining about this being "pay to win/play" somehow, that is probably exactly why they didn't announce this until AFTER the packs were no longer being sold. If they had, the p2w argument might have been at least VERY slightly valid. As it is, no. The people paying for packs had no idea that they would be getting beta access because of it. It was just an added bonus tacked on afterwards(LONG afterwards in most cases).
"
Drumheller wrote:
To those at lower supporter levels:

Perhaps GGG is planning to phase supporters in level by level over time.

Just a guess.

very likely
"
xxArturoxx wrote:
dear ggg, plz make it a "reach lvl 80 and get beta key" or something slightly harder, not a top 20 get in event, thx

That would be interesting to see... ppl would rush to 80 in two days in SC and stop playing instantly and move to beta :D Thats why i dont see it happening.
Dammit I'm only Master supporter. :(
I like Apples!!!

★ Master Crafting Service ★ Level 8 Elreon, Tora, Vagan, Cata, Haku, Vorici ★ Level 5 Leo ★ Level 8 craft - 10c ★ Multiple level 8 Crafts - 20c ★ Rest are free, donate if you wish to donate it helps me out ★ Thread: 1519129 ★ Vouches Appreciated ★
While I haven't purchased anything yet, I'm thankful those that have will get to play beta :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info