How the Closed Beta is going so far

This CBT has been poorly done. Not one to complain a lot but you seem to have forgot your base over RMT and streamers . Hope it works out for guys always pulled for you.
Hey GGG
I have been supporting you since December 2012 and have never regretted it. I am very impressed on how you controle you releases, i love you new content every time and you have provided me with a game that can not be replaced by another. Keep up the good work, i look forward to try out your new content and special thanks to nonamium who introduced me to this great game.
I would just like to ask how the new content is going so far... Good Bad Indifferent etc... Is it going better than expected or worse. bugs crashes to this point.

Blah,blah,blah.
Whine,whine,whine.

Is this the thread for the "l337 been supporting poe since the beginning and am now an endgame grinder who gets to level 80+ in 3 days" to whine about how they don't get to crush the new content before everyone else?

Sure looks like it.

As great as all of you are at playing the game clearly many of you have never beta tested. It's kinda cool but it's always an incomplete and unpolished game. Depending on how far the devs have gotten with a game it can be quite a challenge to play through thoroughly looking for any bugs, glitches and crashes. As well as understanding that resets are frequent and sometimes sudden. Feedback is more than, this was too easy to kill because I know how to build the most op character ever. It's also making note of details and following directions when you get them. But hey if you think that the only reason to beta something is to reward players then I'm not surprised some of you are still staring at your screens waiting and complaining about being bored.

So as fun as it's been to read all the rage filled entitlement and where is my beta key ass kissing I do have a few legit question here.

I read on one of the threads that steam users were possibly going to be included in the beta maybe and if you can all figure out a way to do it. So since I have not seen any further announcements about this I thought I would ask;
1. Is this still currently something GGG is looking to do ?
2. How will this work ? since steam has a few more ... interesting hurdles to jump through.
3. If not this expansion then would there be any plans to beta test on upcoming expansion?
Last edited by DragonSleeping on Apr 23, 2015, 4:24:35 AM
"
Blah,blah,blah.
Whine,whine,whine.

Is this the thread for the "l337 been supporting poe since the beginning and am now an endgame grinder who gets to level 80+ in 3 days" to whine about how they don't get to crush the new content before everyone else?

Sure looks like it.

As great as all of you are at playing the game clearly many of you have never beta tested. It's kinda cool but it's always an incomplete and unpolished game. Depending on how far the devs have gotten with a game it can be quite a challenge to play through thoroughly looking for any bugs, glitches and crashes. As well as understanding that resets are frequent and sometimes sudden. Feedback is more than, this was too easy to kill because I know how to build the most op character ever. It's also making note of details and following directions when you get them. But hey if you think that the only reason to beta something is to reward players then I'm not surprised some of you are still staring at your screens waiting and complaining about being bored.

So as fun as it's been to read all the rage filled entitlement and where is my beta key ass kissing I do have a few legit question here.

I read on one of the threads that steam users were possibly going to be included in the beta maybe and if you can all figure out a way to do it. So since I have not seen any further announcements about this I thought I would ask;
1. Is this still currently something GGG is looking to do ?
2. How will this work ? since steam has a few more ... interesting hurdles to jump through.
3. If not this expansion then would there be any plans to beta test on upcoming expansion?

The only thing is that there shouldn't be a BETA for a YEARS old game. The core mechanics are already smooth.
Just do as every other succesful game around, make a PBE, with wipes. People will go there to BETA TEST LIVE, not just some random system, and people who whines about wipes will not, Everyone will be happy.
This could be accurate or it might not be.

We wont know the extent of changes until they are done with the beta. It may be a drastic overhaul from beginning to act 4. They may change some of it or large portions of it. Not to mention the new desynch buffer they are planning to implement. So it's difficult to say what the core mechanics will look like when it's all said and done. They have only released small details as to what Act 4 has to offer and that may change the entire game.
"
Silkana wrote:

The only thing is that there shouldn't be a BETA for a YEARS old game. The core mechanics are already smooth.

Check the beta faq. They're making sweeping changes to many of the core mechanics.
hey man, don't call him a faq. that's impolite.
RIOOOOT! ヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ

Oh wait..no. nvm..
I've been invited to the CB and downloaded the installer but when I open it and create a new character, it looks as though nothing has changed or is new to the game. How can I tell that I'm actually in the new beta content?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info