How the Closed Beta is going so far

"
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
Invite #.....Name.........Exiled Since........Forum Posts.......Banned........Last Played
...2.......Alejandro...September 19, 2011..2(0 posts per day).....No.......November 30, 2013

I think this invite is ridiculous. how about inviting those that have actually played consistently. how does someone with over a year of missed content updates and no forum posts get to be #2 invite to Beta testing? I think first shot at beta should go to the Alpha testers and then to those that consistently support your game before those that have either just created an account or been inactive for well over a year. Why are we so catered to those that stopped playing the game for whatever reason over those that have stuck by GGG through all content updates and supported those content updates via forum posts, supporter packs or cosmetic effects. your system for deciding invites is severely inadequate. That's my 2 cents. Like it or lump it.

Currently 87/999 invites to accounts created April 2015
Currently 122/999 invites to accounts created in 2015

No amount of money spent has ever been meant to result in a guaranteed beta access at any point in time. Deal with it.

Your opinion about the content at hand is not more valuable than the opinion of newer players... This is not solely aimed for veterans, it is meant for newbies alike. Deal with it.

Complaining and crying does not get you into the beta. Deal - with - it...

Ur account is cute too.

Very nice though. 5 forum posts all on this topic. 2 decent level characters wearing lvl 20 gear. you definitely need a beta invite. im sure your feedback could be used to help those that have never played this game before. and as for money spent supposed to guarantee access. you are absolutely correct. and this should also be the case for streamers who have Chris on their channels. this should also not give guaranteed access unless a blatent cry for publicity.

There is a very simple reason my posts pop up here and nowhere else in this forum. The given topic is "How the beta is going".

Everybody here is interested in the new content and the changes at hand and it is rather annoying that this thread is meant to give an insight regarding overall experiences and when one hits this page, at least 90% of what's here to be seen are complaints as to how unjust the current selection methods are and who "deserves" access more than anyone else.

And yeah my account is "cute" since I made a new steambound one after some period of inactivity and losing my older accounts password (not that is was much of a loss, though). Still I would not consider myslf as super experienced or more contributive as anybody else, thus I am not complaining or crying. This is the fine difference that I happen to value a lot.

It would be nice if there was some page here to hit up and to get smart about the new content without having to watch streams all the time. Because the players insights are more interesting to me than anything else.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
Chris wrote:
Some shill accounts have been invited

Yes, they have. Then they were banned and legitimate people replaced them.

Our systems for duplicate account detection are very advanced because we use them for large-scale bot/RMT detection. We block 99.5% of the shill accounts that people make, and that number is only growing as we refine the detection mechanisms.

Another totally legit new player got in

1189 chrislover1142 April 24, 2015 0 (0 posts per day) No April 24, 2015
I'm really impressed that there are really people observing the invite list like all day long just to catch bad invites and stuff like that. God damn, get a life or just play the game.
The longer this beta access is taking the less I want to play it, I mean are GGG actually going to look at every single feedback on the forum, they have tons of work to do with the beta already, there only going to focus on those "popular" players - pohx, etup, nugyien, ziggyd etc. I agree with an earlier post I saw about hyping up the beta so much like, "OMG your head will explode when you see what's in the beta", coming 20th April - "shhhh, don't let them know this is a just a lie hahaha", then to slowly allow access knowing people are guna be raging because of this access method.

Also pissing me off still no info if steam is viable for this.
Look deeper in to my picture, "OH GOD, WHY DID I EAT HIS BALLS!"
XD
"
I'm really impressed that there are really people observing the invite list like all day long just to catch bad invites and stuff like that. God damn, get a life or just play the game.

>Implying.
I usually just hop on the invite list to search for my name instead of logging in here to see if i got an invite in my inbox. Sadly there is usually 1 or 2 of theese "bad invites" on the first page of the list
"
Demanimal wrote:
The longer this beta access is taking the less I want to play it, I mean are GGG actually going to look at every single feedback on the forum, they have tons of work to do with the beta already, there only going to focus on those "popular" players - pohx, etup, nugyien, ziggyd etc. I agree with an earlier post I saw about hyping up the beta so much like, "OMG your head will explode when you see what's in the beta", coming 20th April - "shhhh, don't let them know this is a just a lie hahaha", then to slowly allow access knowing people are guna be raging because of this access method.

Also pissing me off still no info if steam is viable for this.

Perhaps it might help to calm some people if there was better understanding about beta testing. While some adjustments will be made based upon direct reports of balance issues, bugs, etc. a lot will also be determined statistically which requires a certain volume of players across all ability levels.

Where are the spikes in player deaths, are they attributable to a boss fight or are they due to balance issues. What skill gems are commonly used, which appear to be overpowered, is there a spike in places where solo players suddenly party up (i.e. Dominus), are there very few successful melee characters, and so on.

Even when it comes to individual submitted reports there will be automated methods of sorting those using key word grouping.

I've seen a lot of complaints about how GGG managed this, but I do not see a better way for it to be done in order to deliver the outcome desired. Essentially GGG are building PoE 2 and are using community involvement in a controlled method in order to develop the best product possible.

Now if they invited everyone at once what are the likely outcomes? Everyone abandons Standard and plays the new Beta.
a) Players become frustrated because of the huge number of bugs
b) The game suffers instability and crashes constantly, players become frustrated
c) People exploit certain imbalance features, then when GGG correct them players become frustrated

They invite Supporters only to the Beta.
a) Others complain about 'pay to play' and this would tarnish the reputation of GGG
b) The game ends up rebalanced toward the more ardent players, leaving a lot of casuals disappointed with the final product after Beta

GGG decide to run a closed Beta inviting only select players.
a) If it were publicly advertised many players would complain of favouritism
b) If it were kept secret, it would eventually get out and players would complain about favouritism and conspiracy!

Ultimately in six month's time we'll all be playing a very different version of PoE, Beta will be a distant memory and people will wonder what all the fuss was about.
wow i feel so much better now.
It really feel like playing lottery to sign for this beta...

i'm really surprised by how many brand-new accounts have already access to the beta, some of them have been created only a few days ago...
Buzz seems to work for GGG
game is nice but is there comming a new class with this new expension it would be a nice option maby later in the game a druid like class or necromancer or something like that summen animals instead of zombies or spectres

Where would a new class be put on the tree?

Besides, class has a really small impact on gameplay overall.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info