Freeze pulse and the shotgun change

Thats not even double damage 20/20 GMP is ~4x DPS

So you lose half the DPS on point blank and can't blanket whole screen at range.

Casters were already bad like my incinerate build and a couple other could even do UBER Between EB and shotgun nerf I think casters will be complete shit.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 21, 2015, 3:18:13 PM
"
Necrogue wrote:
Damage at lvl20 now
255-382
Damage at lvl20 CB
413-619

Plus you get the free gem slot where GMP was.

That's besides the point.
FP is a skill made for shotgun and to be used with GMP/LMP. Why? You ask...
Well
- It is most effective at short range
- It covers very little of the screen w/o GMP
- IT is not a good single target skill as you need to be in melee range of a dangerous enemy to do most dmg
- It does not cover good aoe without GMP so you will end up using it anyway.
- USing it with LMP/GMP is what made the skill a stable of the game about how support gems change the skill functionality
- Glacial cascade is probably better than FP in every aspect w/o the shotgun aspect.
"
draakisback wrote:
Freeze pulse is obviously a skill that was made to shotgun. While removing shotgunning from the game makes sense from a balance standpoint, the way that freeze pulse is just generally designed obviously lends it self to shotgunning in some fashion.

I don't see why this should be only true for FP? For incinerate it's at least as bad as for FP.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
draakisback wrote:
Freeze pulse is obviously a skill that was made to shotgun. While removing shotgunning from the game makes sense from a balance standpoint, the way that freeze pulse is just generally designed obviously lends it self to shotgunning in some fashion.

I don't see why this should be only true for FP? For incinerate it's at least as bad as for FP.

PRobably a fair concern, however incinerate does not lose damage with distance so you could end up playing it like Inferno from D2 with projectile speed and no MP.

"
Kranyum wrote:

PRobably a fair concern, however incinerate does not lose damage with distance so you could end up playing it like Inferno from D2 with projectile speed and no MP.

That would be just horrible.
Right now I have 5,6k GMP tooltip dps = 112.000 single target shotgun dps
With FP instead of MP I have 11k tooltip dps = 44k single target dps
The char looses almost 2/3 single target dps or in other words - incinerate is another gem that noone with at least half a brain will use anymore.
Of course this is nothing compared to the nerf to AA/MoM via eldrich battery. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Apr 21, 2015, 9:15:34 PM
"
Faatality wrote:
But it's true that it made it harder for GGG to introduce new spell gems and to balance it out. Not that it was the most unbalanced thing but still.

My concern about this (and I suspect yours) is the retrofit thinking.

"We've got so many uniques we're adding, we'd best go back through and rebalance the hundreds of existing" - yep, would totally agree with this kind of thinking.
"We've got some new skills coming in which shouldn't shotgun, so nothing should be able to shotgun." - huh?
Why would anyone assume their GMP-powered single target is something which shouldn't get nerfed to about half what it used to be? It was OP as all hell.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Why would anyone assume their GMP-powered single target is something which shouldn't get nerfed to about half what it used to be? It was OP as all hell.

compared to what? in caster form certainly was not. Slower kills than almost anything on atizri or uber. Main reason why only like two casters can even do uber - incinerate and DD. (i dont count SRS as caster) - you are too exposed too long to bosses as a caster GMP or not and bosses fuck you up over time.

Meanwhile tons of melee build do it, flicker reave, static strike, reave and OFC CoC.
Git R Dun!
^It was mechanically OP, and therefore numerically inferior.

Now lacking the former, it doesn't have to be the latter.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
FP is a skill made for shotgun and to be used with GMP/LMP. Why? You ask...

No, that is just your assumption.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info