What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

Thanks for your hard work guys!

But wanted to say one thing, even if probably none will read it. Try to not completely put out of the game anything that doesn't adhere to balance.

For example shotgunning (don't even have a char based on it) - instead of completely eliminating it, couldn't you have nerfed it instead? As OP as it was or anything, it still was a fun mechanic. The EB change is a fine example of creative toning-down.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Apr 20, 2015, 6:38:25 AM
I hope this gets properly tested, there's so much you can say about the first act alone and I'm worried people would just play the entire game and leave an opinion like "kenetic blast is op" and that's it.
Last edited by NetherPrime on Apr 20, 2015, 6:36:43 AM
Finally, after a lot of nerfs... we now get a massive nerf of almost everything.

GGG did their homework... challenge > fun :D
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
Uknowho wrote:
So much QQ

Instead of complaining about how those changes MIGHT destroy your character maybe start thinking about what you could possibly GAIN from them.

As an example sicne it gets alot of negative feedback here without people ever trying it take the EB changes. Sure EB wont auto enable high level AA anymore. But it might enable other playstyles. First thing that comes to mind: ignore mana completely and reserve all of it with auras, get EB and have a high ressource pool that refreshes quickly after not doing anything for a certain time.

You might need to invest some points in faster energy shield regeneration but its much more manageable than eg. a normal ES faster regen build (which work perfectly fine tbh) since you wont take damage to your mana pool from attacks, so the regen is guaranteed.

One more aura can replace AA? I cannot belive it .
You've heard this a million times(because many feel the same) but:

The beta announcement was way too late, when we already were expecting release april or may.

I hate the countdown. (because it resembles a release, which it's not)

HOWEVER!
[Removed by Support]

Great fun, and I can come back to PoE hype in 2 months when there actually is a release coming up.
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
Last edited by HoolaBandoola on Apr 20, 2015, 7:36:37 AM
"
geradon wrote:
"
Defaceo wrote:
When will GGG learn that these changes are costing them not only members of the community but GGG are creating a huge trash bin in their own game of useless items and skills. Who makes block builds anymore? Is Armour even viable? No.

So many nerfs? Arctic Armour? Remove shotgunning? Prolif nerf? ED nerf?
"A rebalanced of exiting unqiues"? Like what? So you're correcting your mistake with armour now, which you should not have nerfed in the first place!

if you don't like a evolving and constantly changing game you're really better off with tetris.

+10 made me lol , thats exact reason why I love this game its always changing and fresh I play it for many years now and dont even know half things about this game and thats what keep me coming back !
Can someone explain me what EB will do now? Don't quote what Chris said cause it'd be useless and this is the part I didn't understand though. Maybe someone can give me an example? Thanks guys !
"
Zorgilon wrote:
Minions (they are now targeted by monsters less often and take less damage from many boss attacks. This still being heavily iterated on.)

What do you mean ???

It means your character will be less likely attacked ,so your minions will attract more hits from monsters also it says that certain BOSS's wont do as many damaged to your summons as they used to for example one hitting your summons which leads to problem not being able to resurrect them fast enough and most likely dieing .
im not one of those "omg they nerfed my 1231232132131 dps nado shot!!11!" guys, but theres a thing that developers need to have in mind: rpg game players love that sense of completion when you pimp the char to perfection. if you can never say that your char is done because it can be completely destroyed in a single patch, many people will be pretty pissed

the only thing i can do now is make hideouts, because that at least stays how i created it -.- or maybe nerf that as well! how about "heeey, we decided 750 items in hideout is too much, we will drop it down to 500!"
"-Minions (they are now targeted by monsters less often and take less damage from many boss attacks. This still being heavily iterated on.)

-Frenzy charges (more damage per frenzy charge, attack and cast speed bonuses have been reduced)."

Oh boy, MonTregul Bloodlust Zombie Summoner with frenzy monkeys and The Blood Reaper Animated Guardian... My first build for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info