What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

"
For all those worried about Eldritch Battery: It might actually be a buff in some senses. It's a buff in the case of mana being reserved for auras since the ES protion of the mana won't be reserved like it is now meaning you have more "mana" to work with. The energy mana has a different way of recharging versus regular mana which will result in new and interesting builds.

Current EB, transformed what is not usable, it means tiny bits of ES you get with gear on normally HP based build, into useful resource which fuels our skills and defense abilities.

Theoretically, we can still get it (though probably forget about high level AA)... unfortunately only theoretically, because main problem of ES on HP based build remains... it means no ES recharging during combat.

So it's virtually, death of keystone. You can play hit and run in content, but in maps, or you replenish your resource or are death.

Abaxoth, Atziri, Courtyard trio and new bosses (see you Kaom demo) will make sure to not think otherwise.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Time for my shock ball prolif summoner to shine!
with the change to ondar's guile I feel like evasion is gonna be much harder now, especially in melee range, since it will be a tough decision to make if you gonna choose the keystone or better invest in other parts of the tree. wooooh for hard hitting mobs hitting with 3-4k dmg :D
I don't quite see the usefulness in the new eb though. arctic armor as an example won't work at all anymore. you will have to get all the mana nodes and manareg on as much gear as possible. then perhaps you can lv it to 20. sadly you won't deal any dmg and your life will be around 1.5k in maps xD
anyways I wanna find out what you can do with it. maybe it's not that bad after all :)
sad thing though is getting into beta, I don't see it happening. it's all about luck!
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
Re: Ghost Reaver location, found it. It's up above between Gemini and Corruption

http://i.imgur.com/Fw2QJvX.jpg
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Chris wrote:
Minions (they are now targeted by monsters less often and take less damage from many boss attacks. This still being heavily iterated on.)

I wonder if they'll increase the ability of skeletons to block an enemy's movement. My experience thus far is that if an enemy chooses to target me, they're going to walk right through a solid wall of skeletons to get to me.

Otherwise my skeleton summoner is going to be even less effective.
(Though the reduced damage from boss attacks could be nice.)

Ooh! Maybe they're going to make a new unique shield with a passive taunt-on-hit effect; give another boost to Necromancer's Aegis. That might be reasonable with the reduction in monster targeting of minions.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Apr 20, 2015, 5:57:08 AM
"
Peripherally wrote:

Look forward, not backwards.

so i can look forward to playing something else if new (equipment) tiers are added, and wrecking this game via both power creep AND carrot-on-a-sticking us?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Apr 20, 2015, 6:22:24 AM
I'm really happy to hear that GGG is willing to take the time and effort to see through changes of this magnitude. Feeling quite optimistic.

Some speculation on changes
Leech changes will be interesting, making it something more than just an "on/off"-mechanic

EB changes I'd want to try out myself. I'm really interested to see the iterations on this. Already thinking of combining it with ZO and Immortal Flesh for chunk of flat regen. Maybe "faster start of energy shield recharge" and flat-regen on gear in general could see some use.

Shotgun removal is double-edged sword but I believe it will result in healthier game overall
I believe in slightly different donuts
"
Serleth wrote:
Re: Ghost Reaver location, found it. It's up above between Gemini and Corruption

http://i.imgur.com/Fw2QJvX.jpg

Glad that question was solved, though there is always potential for it to be relocated again in beta. Moving it higher seems a step in the... up? direction given the theme and perhaps wanting it to be more accessible for int and less accessible for others.
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Wraeklops wrote:
"
Incinerate is crap without shotgun then you can just use any spell with the same result.

This is probably the best possible comment.
Remove OP-mechanics and just use any skill you like (with similar effectiveness)? Yeah, why not?

To all who complain about killed characters: We don't know shit about the new balance, we get new skills and a full passive respec!
Safe your tears for real-world-problems.

Indeed. I also want to point out: people who are complaining about their pre-existing chars should wake up and smell the roses: the essence of PoE is in the new 3/4-month leagues that occur, NOT in the recycle-bin that is Standard.

There is nothing in the game being designed around Standard, it is the end-result, final destination of everything there ever was in PoE (you might consider it, the Afterlife of Everything). It's where everything goes to die/dwell once its time comes. For people who can only hold on to their aged and expired things, there isn't much newness/inspiration/hope regarding upcoming patches/releases, because those things will always cater to the future and what is *to come*, NOT *what has already passed*.

Look forward, not backwards. Maybe then there is some peace to be found when change needs to be embraced. There is joy to be had in making new things, struggling to find pieces to fit together, like putting together a puzzle before you know what all the big picture looks like. Take time to savor the moment when the tidal wave hits and everything you thought you knew is no more :)

/end_philosophy_lesson

I am looking forward . I see me fighting normal Merveil and other players mapping hard. I have a job and 2 kids so I should be punished for that. Way to preach your standarts on others .
And btw it is healthy to demand new chalenges then cry for GGG to "fix" them? Every league the same shit happens.
"
Eldritch Battery (it now moves Energy Shield to cover mana, rather than turning Energy Shield into mana)

Good idea =)
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info