HC people that tried SC for the first time.

I don't play hardcore because it just flat out isn't fun to have to spend 10+ hours getting builds to playable levels again after one mistake. I play not to die in softcore, but I accept that its going to happen eventually, and would rather not have to spend 10 hours releveling after death. Maybe in d3 where you can power level to max in about 5 min, but even then whats the point? I don't honestly find any point to play in hardcore, I mean, contgrats, you can play slower, more carefully, build tankier, and I guess have more time and patience on your hands to reroll chars. I mean, if it buffs your e-pen, go for it, but that's just not fun to me. I would rather just play shit I find fun, and if I mess up and die, shrug my shoulders and play better.

I used to play hardcore back in d2, when it was even rippier than it is in path (bone fetishes, crushers of hope, destroyer of worlds, and wrecker of your shit), and it was fun back then because the classes in d2 were tankier and fun, and it only took a couple of hours to get back to the level I was at when I died, no fun chars and too slow leveling in path to make it work.
Last edited by czartaylor on Apr 16, 2015, 4:47:05 PM
"
Boem wrote:
^oh snap..

I thought it's quite acceptable to utilize the term [Removed by Support] without sounding offensive/biased lol.

Isn't it common knowledge more people utilize macro's in hc? Is this offensive? :D

i get a random ip allocated every X hours which disconnects me at random times.
Found out in this one month that if i reset my modem, i can force it so i get a few hours of safe play.

So that combined with the new lock-step is gonna put me back into hardcore.

(i used to play only hc even with the random discs, but all of my guild play the softcore variant so i joined them, it's quite nice though, got to play a lot of stuff and really expand my knowledge of defensive limits and mechanics)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : just noted that this might have been better placed in "that other thread". but meh.

Ahh. Ok sure... in that case, I decided that the term [Removed by Support] is not offensive. It is common knowledge that anyone that plays [Removed by Support]? So us macroers will stick to [Removed by Support] and you [Removed by Support]. Everyones a winner
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 5:45:53 PM
Just can't find the interest in it. The trill is just not there.

If only HC deaths weren't so heavily tied to hardware/connection/desynch issues though :/
Please don't turn this into a SC vs HC debate. Lets keep all replies on topic.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 4:48:13 PM
fwiw that's a "i started path playing hardcore, tried sc, never went back" response than "sc vs hardcore".
"
Jared_GGG wrote:
Please don't turn this into a SC vs HC debate. Lets keep all replies on topic.

Indeed. I was trying to do exactly this. On returning from scrubbing my floor I see many people trying to offend hardcore players. It's just a shame that we cannot defend ourselves but they can.

So i think my floor was not scrubbed hard enough so I am returning to scrubbing it more.
I love the passive aggressive atmosphere in these threads :3 The butthurt is through the roof.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Im an sc player with the same reaction to hc that hc players have to sc.

And that is that its too damn boring (hc is to me)

I like being able to use a build and playstyle that can die and using skill to not die, as opposed to build tanky and using a more lame hc playstyle of skip content, logout if things get risky etc.

And no, its not that I dont know how to play hc, I managed to get my 4/4 in hc after 2.5 days.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I love the passive aggressive atmosphere in these threads :3 The butthurt is through the roof.

I just think people take things too seriously mate ... If someone cant take being called a "sc***" to the point that thats deemed inapropriate and removed by support because its too offensive when its clearly just a funny term... (sigh) anyway ...

I kinda feel like quitting forum posting soon. It does no good, GGG dont really seem to care if you post helpful comments regarding feedback and seem to just enjoy being as "nazi mods" as possible so I kinda cant be bothered with it anymore.

Great game, terrible forum.
"
Splift wrote:
Im an sc player with the same reaction to hc that hc players have to sc.

And that is that its too damn boring (hc is to me)

I like being able to use a build and playstyle that can die and using skill to not die, as opposed to build tanky and using a more lame hc playstyle of skip content, logout if things get risky etc.

And no, its not that I dont know how to play hc, I managed to get my 4/4 in hc after 2.5 days.

Honestly i wish that the other threads from scers had been like this like the thread started out. But then I make jokes back to the blatent taunts and I get censored.

Not butthurt by other players but by mods.

Meh, but your post is how they should be mate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info