HC people that tried SC for the first time.

So this thread is going to turn in HC vs. SC? Come on guys, follow the other threads example and have a grown up, mature discussion.

For us SC peeps, there is no need to be all up in here antagonising and shit.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. Cheesing content by brute force just because you can is a reflection of your personal character. Not a reflection of difficulty. And alot of people here assume that's what every softcore player does.

It's actually exactly a reflection of difficulty. Imposing rules one yourself you made up (e.g. not die in softcore) is your personal playstyle. But the objective difficulty is set by the parameters GGG gave us. And since dying literally doesn't matter while progressing through the game, 'cheesing' is a perfectly valid strategy because there is no incentive to stay alive.

Logging out is cheese as well, all cheese is valid. Thats why its called cheese and not exploit. Your getting away with shitty behavior that isn't technically against the rules but is still frowned upon. So yes brute force cheese is a legitimate strategy but it still makes you a lamer. Just like logging out. To me that is a total reflection of character.

Guess I'm a lamer then for playing by the ruleset and anticipating the difficulty :) Haven't logged in a long while though, desync magically became better for me.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
So this thread is going to turn in HC vs. SC?

Some people just can't help themselves and always have to be like a broken tape recorder with the words "log-out macro"
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
hc players deciding its ok to just die all the time, playing that way, then finding the game feels like shit if you just die all the time. If youre skilled hc players you should be able to hit the lvl80 4/4 without dying anyway so why would u play the game any different to hc and why would it feel any different to hc? you play both like a pro and never die right? You shouldnt even notice theres any difference.

I just dont get the mindsets tbh, do you actually care about playing the game properly or is it something that has to be forced on your by the league mod otherwise you just revert to a natural state of playing like a scrub? If you dont take the game seriously then of course it feels pointless. You should care about dying because it says that you sucked, and sucking should feel like shit because you have pride in your play. I guess thats just my personal take on things, any league I play if I die it feels like shit, regardless of the league Im just as angry at myself on the pure principal of it.

thats just it you cant die in softcore not really, you just get right back up thats why I couldn't do it, I dident worry about dieing because its not possible. To me the risk of dieing is what makes HC fun. If i die in hardcore my guy ends up in the land of the dead (standard)

No no ... its just the only way i can have fun in sc. Cause there is no suspense. So the best way is just to play like a retard for the lols. If you have fun playing it properly fair play. I couldnt.

Im not here saying people that play sc are idiots or whatever. If its fun for you then great. Just aint fun for me and I shouldnt be slated for saying that as "Oh one of these hc elitists who think im a noon for playing sc".

I honestly dont care what you play, and ill play what I find fun, challenging and exciting. And that happens to be hc. I had 10% of the fun by playing sc like a tard. But if id have played it like i do hc it'd been 0% so cause i wanted the blue set, i chose getting 10% fun rather than 0%
Last edited by DexDeus on Apr 16, 2015, 4:29:40 PM
I play both leagues exactly the same. Find no difference between standard leagues and [Removed by Support] leagues as I play to not die in either.
"
I play both leagues exactly the same. Find no difference between standard leagues and [Removed by Support] leagues as I play to not die in either.

Your language suggests your bias.

For instance: "There is no difference between playing [Removed by Support]"

See what i mean......?
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 5:44:46 PM
^oh snap..

I thought it's quite acceptable to utilize the term [Removed by Support] without sounding offensive/biased lol.

Isn't it common knowledge more people utilize macro's in hc? Is this offensive? :D

i get a random ip allocated every X hours which disconnects me at random times.
Found out in this one month that if i reset my modem, i can force it so i get a few hours of safe play.

So that combined with the new lock-step is gonna put me back into hardcore.

(i used to play only hc even with the random discs, but all of my guild play the softcore variant so i joined them, it's quite nice though, got to play a lot of stuff and really expand my knowledge of defensive limits and mechanics)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : just noted that this might have been better placed in "that other thread". but meh.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 5:45:14 PM
Well I disagree since there isn't a 90+ softcore player I know who doesn't use macros.

I'm fairly sure when he says "macro" he means "log-out" which is a disguised smug elitist comment.

I'd rather we stopped the derail and focused back on the main question :D
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Very well stated, Boem. :)
I had a blast in SC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info