NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

"
Hellcat5 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
I posted the same problem a few pages ago, and while I wasn't trying to blame the filter, I was hoping something in the filter could fix it. If you unload the filter, all items show up fine. But I don't think a specific font or setting has been identified as the component having problems.

I believe a few pages back I saw what looked like a kerning issue with one guy's font. It showed the text squashed together oddly, the letters almost trying to over / underlap each other. Also, with the black text boxes, this seems to point to something similar dealing with text rendering on hardware. Obviously, neversink's system doesn't have the issue, so this issue comes about from different, possibly older, systems. Since it seems to deal with a certain subset of computers running the filter, my experience points to hardware / driver issues moreso than programming issues with poe itself. I don't have issues either with poe using neversink's filter(I loaded it just to test this situation), but again, I'm using a newer system with a relatvely up-to-date graphics card (gtx 970).

We can see here that this is not an issue specific to path of exile:

http://www.cocos2d-x.org/issues/3669

Since I'm not sure what kind of framework GGG uses for the UI layer, I'm not sure exactly how they're handling text rendering. If it's openGL, then the situation could get into how GGG handles the rendering - what libraries they might have created or use to handle.

http://learnopengl.com/#!In-Practice/Text-Rendering

"
"Since there is no support for any text capabilities within OpenGL it is up to us to define a system for rendering text to the screen. Since there are no graphical primitives for text characters, we have to get creative. Some example techniques are: drawing letter shapes via GL_LINES, create 3D meshes of letters or render character textures to 2D quads in a 3D environment."

Since we know for sure it's not an issue on all systems, that seems to point to an old driver and older hardware issue. I would say to those having the issues with text overlay, or black box text issue, leave a note about your hardware. That would help me research from that angle.

Also, for those with these issues, please contact neversink or myself by sending a PM, and we can create a few tests with filter font text size adjustments to test the potential for font size kerning issues. At this point, I believe the issue manifests from the odd font sizes I've seen in neversink's filter. But, this is just off the top of my head, and we won't know until we can work with people having the issue to validate my hypothesis.

Addendum - I sent in to GGG regarding this issue with my hypothesis and a solution they could implement to resolve.

How come i never had any problems until one of the latest patches then? I haven't changed my hardware or drivers.

I am using an amd r9 270x graphics card if that is of interest.

Any solution for the time being?
Thanks.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 8, 2016, 3:07:53 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

How come i never had any problems until one of the latest patches then? I haven't changed my hardware or drivers.

I am using an amd r9 270x graphics card if that is of interest.

Any solution for the time being?
Thanks.

I researched your card -
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+R9+270X

Have you tried other filters to see if the problem exists with other filters also?

Which filters have you tried?

Can you give me more details about your system?

1. what's sys memory ? 2GB 4GB 16GB?

2. what's the speed of your system?

3. what operating system are you using?

4. do you know the average temp your pc runs at?

5. is the problem consistent for you or intermittent?

Are you willing to do the font size test?
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
hi i need some help cant seem to be able to find the version that support animated weapon anywhere sorry i dont understand fully how lootfilter works
"
changtian12 wrote:
hi i need some help cant seem to be able to find the version that support animated weapon anywhere sorry i dont understand fully how lootfilter works

Any filter should work fine for animated weapon as long as you hold down the pickup key if you have that set in the options > ui section. With filters, you press the same key (alt) to view other items hidden on the ground (normal rarity items and magic unless they filter has specific parts defined regarding).

So, to understand your question fully, do you need a filter that shows the normal / magic base items that are closer to your character level?

There's a unique armor that automatically causes all magic items to drop identified.(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Tawm%27r_Isley) You might enjoy that armor to help with animated weapon.

Now, to the big part here. I'll create a filter for animated weapon here shortly (within an hour or two because I need to finish my daily reading) for you that will show normal rarity items close to the level of the monsters that dropped them, which will ensure you get the most out of playing animated weapon. If you decide to use the Cload of Tawm'r Isley, I'll have a block setup that you can un-comment and will work just like the normal magic items.

UPDATE:
If you'd like to try out the filter I designed for Animate Weapon:
Hellcat5's Not So Ugly Loot Filter - Animate Weapon Edition

If you want to add the code necessary for this to your favorite filter:

Spoiler
#==================================================
# modify this section to change which item classes
# you see drop for animated weapon
#Show animate weapon drops - melee (mint green)
Show
Class Dagger Claw Sword Axe Mace Staves Sceptres
# comment below line if you're using Cloak of Tawm'r Isley
Rarity < Magic
# uncomment below line if you're using Cloak of Tawm'r Isley
# Rarity < Rare
# mint green
SetBackgroundColor 128 255 191
SetBorderColor 128 255 191
SetTextColor 0 0 0

#Show animate weapon drops - ranged (for Spirit Guards Unique Jewel) (mint green)
# NOTE: uncomment only the lines starting with Show Class Rarity SetbackgroundColor SetBorderColor SetTextColor
# the other lines are only comments related the the lines below them
#Show
# Class Dagger Wand Bow
# Rarity < Magic
# Rarity < Rare
# mint green
# SetBackgroundColor 128 255 191
# SetBorderColor 128 255 191
# SetTextColor 0 0 0

Let me know if you have any questions or would like any changes.
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jul 9, 2016, 4:54:43 PM
"
Hellcat5 wrote:
"
changtian12 wrote:

Any filter should work fine for animated weapon as long as you hold down the pickup key if you have that set in the options > ui section. With filters, you press the same key (alt) to view other items hidden on the ground (normal rarity items and magic unless they filter has specific parts defined regarding).

So, to understand your question fully, do you need a filter that shows the normal / magic base items that are closer to your character level?

There's a unique armor that automatically causes all magic items to drop identified.(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Tawm%27r_Isley) You might enjoy that armor to help with animated weapon.

Now, to the big part here. I'll create a filter for animated weapon here shortly (within an hour or two because I need to finish my daily reading) for you that will show normal rarity items close to the level of the monsters that dropped them, which will ensure you get the most out of playing animated weapon. If you decide to use the Cload of Tawm'r Isley, I'll have a block setup that you can un-comment and will work just like the normal magic items.

I'll update this post as soon as I finish that up.

hi i started to play a animated weapons char in phc and feel really frustrated trying to look through all the items and animate the ones that i need so i tried to look for a lootfilter for it accidently saw that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcgx6Ghkp50 phox was playing an animated weapon bulid and he said that his loot filter is from neversink but im unable to find it here....
*edit
2.0 -- cleaned the code up! Added better entries for maraketh weapons, adjusted highlighting for chance and crafting bases a bit, added filtration support, optimized the filter all around. Added support for animate weapon builds. Can be enabled on line 1400. Split the filter into 4 version: regular, light, zero and zero-x. Ready for the 2.0 release!
i cant not enable the support as line 1400 isnt anything related
Last edited by changtian12 on Jul 9, 2016, 3:35:54 PM
"
changtian12 wrote:

hi i started to play a animated weapons char in phc and feel really frustrated trying to look through all the items and animate the ones that i need so i tried to look for a lootfilter for it accidently saw that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcgx6Ghkp50 phox was playing an animated weapon bulid and he said that his loot filter is from neversink but im unable to find it here....
*edit
2.0 -- cleaned the code up! Added better entries for maraketh weapons, adjusted highlighting for chance and crafting bases a bit, added filtration support, optimized the filter all around. Added support for animate weapon builds. Can be enabled on line 1400. Split the filter into 4 version: regular, light, zero and zero-x. Ready for the 2.0 release!

Spoiler
Show
Rarity < Magic
# Rarity < Rare
# mint green
SetTextColor 0 0 0

#Show animate weapon drops - ranged (for Spirit Guards Unique Jewel) (mint green)
# NOTE: uncomment only the lines starting with Show Class Rarity SetbackgroundColor SetBorderColor SetTextColor
#Show
# Class Dagger Wand Bow
# Rarity < Magic
# Rarity < Rare
# mint green
# SetTextColor 0 0 0

When adding the code for neversink's full version filter, add toward the bottom of the filter in the section titled:

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Section: OMEGA # ADDITIONAL RULES - ADD YOUR OWN RULES THAT WON'T OVERRIDE THE OTHER RULES
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

otherwise you will cause the precedence to over-ride other elements of nerversink's filter.

In neversink's full version filter, you can activate his Animate weapon section by un-commenting the necessary sections around line 201 and also around line 2777.

In my code and in my filter for Animate Weapon, I've added in features related to Unique items designed for the Animate Weapon skill gem.

Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jul 9, 2016, 5:06:39 PM
"
Hellcat5 wrote:
"
changtian12 wrote:

*edit

Spoiler
Show
Rarity < Magic
# Rarity < Rare
# mint green
SetTextColor 0 0 0

#Show
# Class Dagger Wand Bow
# Rarity < Magic
# Rarity < Rare
# mint green
# SetTextColor 0 0 0

When adding the code for neversink's full version filter, add toward the bottom of the filter in the section titled:

# Section: OMEGA # ADDITIONAL RULES - ADD YOUR OWN RULES THAT WON'T OVERRIDE THE OTHER RULES

otherwise you will cause the precedence to over-ride other elements of nerversink's filter.

In neversink's full version filter, you can activate his Animate weapon section by un-commenting the necessary sections around line 201 and also around line 2777.

In my code and in my filter for Animate Weapon, I've added in features related to Unique items designed for the Animate Weapon skill gem.

thanks very much i will give both a try;)
THANK MAN both works great but im abit unsure how to add the extra codes thou still it works great

Last edited by changtian12 on Jul 10, 2016, 6:31:53 AM
Show
Class "Helmets"
BaseType "Ezomyte Burgonet" "Royal Burgonet" "Eternal Burgonet" "Silken Hood" "Sinner Tricorne" "Lion Pelt" "Solaris Circlet" "Mind Cage" "Hubris Circlet"
Rarity Rare
ItemLevel >= 73
SetTextColor 255 0 0 255
SetBackgroundColor 255 255 255 255
SetBorderColor 255 0 0 255
SetFontSize 30

i try to add this to your filter. but nothing happens. What do i do wrong?
"
kissyouhunter wrote:
Show
Class "Helmets"
BaseType "Ezomyte Burgonet" "Royal Burgonet" "Eternal Burgonet" "Silken Hood" "Sinner Tricorne" "Lion Pelt" "Solaris Circlet" "Mind Cage" "Hubris Circlet"
Rarity Rare
ItemLevel >= 73
SetTextColor 255 0 0 255
SetBackgroundColor 255 255 255 255
SetBorderColor 255 0 0 255
SetFontSize 30

i try to add this to your filter. but nothing happens. What do i do wrong?

if you what your code to work, you've got to override neversink's code to use it. Try adding your code (with a blank line above and below your code) immediately below this line in neversink's filter:

# !!!FILTER CODE START!!!

Doing so with give your code the precedence to override the other code that effects these items.
Hi all. I'm using your filter and i'm fairly poe dumb even if i'm 83 :) i want to remove the Sorcerer Boot highlight for, for example Gauntlets highlights. How do i can do it?

Also, can you explain me why there is the hightlights on Sorcerer Boots?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info