Antnee's Classy Item Filter for Distinguished Exiles - 3.0

"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
Well, its hiding ilvl 78 and 79 items in maps.
Unless these items are a good base, then there's little point in showing them. An ilvl 83 rusted coif isn't really good for anything, right?

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
Well, its hiding ilvl 78 and 79 items in maps.
Unless these items are a good base, then there's little point in showing them. An ilvl 83 rusted coif isn't really good for anything, right?

But there are exception again, if you are looking for max efficiency you wont even bother with any rare, you wont even pick them up you'll just buy what others pick up if its good enough for you. If you are looking for the 2nd tier of efficiency then you pick up only items with ilvl 84+ and only the best base in each category. Then the 3rd tier of efficiency is a mix of 75+ ilvl tier1-3 bases. And then its the enthusiast who just likes picking up rares for chaos/regal recipie or for the fun of fiding and identifying loot.

But lets go to the exceptions again :

Rare goathide boots drop level 12 evasion 36, item level 85.

+30ms, +80life, 35%cold res, 35%fire res, 20%chaos res. This item easily goes for 20+chaos in HC.

The same logic applies to gloves too since both boots and gloves are slots that you look for certain very certain attributes and its often the case you dont even care about the base at all. The average player wont give a shit if his gloves give 100 armour instead of 450, or if his boots give 50evasion instead for 220 if the rest of the stats are solid.

Helmets on the other side the base matters a ton (or at least a lot more), and the same applies to every ES base being boots, gloves or armour and helmet.

So what are the chances that a pair of 85ilvl goathide boots have good rolls and are worthy selling?
The exact same with a pair of ilvl85 slink boots. The difference? instead of 25c you would sell the slink boots for 50c in HC. Simply beacause on most cases boots and gloves arent the slots where you are going to get extremely high values on armour or evasion compared to helmet/chest/shield slots.

And thats the reason why completely hiding rare drops isnt any good when you aint aiming for tier1 or tier2 efficiency.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Well, I just pick up whatever rares drop and vendor them, pretty much what mf is about.

Not like you are actually going to find anything really good, I haven't for a couple years.

And crafting bases are pretty much useless in any case.

I have no clue where I would manage to come up with enough currency to actually craft anything.

If I did have that much, I would just buy the base anyway, not go running around to pick it up.

No biggy, I'll just use another filter.

If this filter had acted like it does now I wouldn't have used it in the first place, or kept using it for all this time.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
Last edited by AlteraxPoe on Jan 24, 2017, 7:27:45 PM
Recipes is mainly for SSF and most of us don't even identify most of rare gear because time is money. So, focusing on higher basetypes at 83+ levels is good in my book. I just agree that some low droplevels should be highlighted (for example, in my fork, 60+ Crude Bow are highlighted because of the +3 fire for SRS) but it depends on what the player is focusing on.

Anyway, whatever the case, it's a good point and I agree that all rares should appear by default (I would have disabled the 'Hide #~Rares - Low Level Bases in Maps' by default).
I don't get it, i don't see a pattern to this at all, it's just showing me a bunch of junk and then it hides a 4 linked helmet/armor all of the same level.

When i switched to the default filter everything that yours was hiding (the helmet and armor) was visible and all of the junk was hidden so i'll probably stick to the default one for now.

My guess is that it won't show normal 4 linked gear without modifiers?
That would make sense i guess but the stuff it's showing me is worthless.

Also it's supposed to show items that can be used for vendor recipes but it's not showing any red/green/blue links and superior items so the only thing that comes to mind that it would show other than currency items are the hammer/gavels and maybe 20% quality gear?

I only recently started playing again so it's probably more suited towards high end players.
I'll give it another try after i've maxed out my first character.

"
Assana wrote:
I don't get it, i don't see a pattern to this at all, it's just showing me a bunch of junk and then it hides a 4 linked helmet/armor all of the same level.
<...>
My guess is that it won't show normal 4 linked gear without modifiers?
That would make sense i guess but the stuff it's showing me is worthless.
That's because white/blue 4links are considered junk. As it should be, at least at level 60+.

"
Assana wrote:
Also it's supposed to show items that can be used for vendor recipes but it's not showing any red/green/blue links and superior items so the only thing that comes to mind that it would show other than currency items are the hammer/gavels and maybe 20% quality gear?
You probably modified the filter, I use it and it shows rgb and quality items.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
That's because white/blue 4links are considered junk. As it should be, at least at level 60+.

I pick them up because i can get them to 20% quality with just 4 armourer's scraps and then use an essence to get a 4 linked 20% rare but i guess you don't need them during end game.
Anyway this is why i'll stick to the default filter for now.

"
You probably modified the filter, I use it and it shows rgb and quality items.

I didn't modify it at all, maybe it's level was too low so it was hidden or it only shows superior stuff above a certain %?

Last edited by Assana on Jan 30, 2017, 12:18:08 AM
idk about superior, maybe some are hidden, but rgbs are shown regardless of ilvl/droplvl
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Ive been playing with customization on Filterblast. Wondering if there is any chance you would make it so I can hide portal/wisdom scrolls and armorer's scraps? Also non rare jewels.
Last edited by taosk8r on Feb 13, 2017, 8:50:33 PM
"
taosk8r wrote:
Ive been playing with customization on Filterblast. Wondering if there is any chance you would make it so I can hide portal/wisdom scrolls and armorer's scraps? Also non rare jewels.
I'll include something like that in the next update.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info