Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

a question are you able to give other people your beta key if you decide you don't want to use if get one? can you trade them?
IGN= The_BloodRaider
"
Wazface wrote:
a question are you able to give other people your beta key if you decide you don't want to use if get one? can you trade them?

Email GGG with this kind of sensitive question.
I would like to point out that in order to be selected for the beta, you first need to sign up for it via the main page, by clicking on the Awakening countdown, which redirects you to a page where you can sign up for it.

Thus, I don't expect anyone will end up with unwanted keys, unless they sign up and regret it later.

Of course, if the keys CAN be traded, then I expect a lot of people might sign up anyway and sell theirs off.
"
Varthorne wrote:
I would like to point out that in order to be selected for the beta, you first need to sign up for it via the main page, by clicking on the Awakening countdown, which redirects you to a page where you can sign up for it.

Thus, I don't expect anyone will end up with unwanted keys, unless they sign up and regret it later.

Of course, if the keys CAN be traded, then I expect a lot of people might sign up anyway and sell theirs off.
They should be able to be given away, but not sold. As Chris said they may give some to other sites to hold competitions etc. There might be a few with unwanted keys since they signed up before they heard this announcement (but not too many).

Also I think that since the length is only 8 weeks that individuals will only get a single key for themselves (in the other beta it was long enough for accounts to receive a key for their friends too), so we may not see near as many spare keys floating around.
remember to remove beta access from account that dont provide feedback :^)
pvp loooooooool
I need the key badly i'm big fan since 2013 xd thousands of hours played :] 1100+h on steam acc
Last edited by zoverer1993 on Apr 13, 2015, 12:44:25 PM
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
remember to remove beta access from account that dont provide feedback :^)

Or worse yet, the ones whose "feedback" consists of "Game iz broken. Fix it!"
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Varthorne wrote:

They should be able to be given away, but not sold. As Chris said they may give some to other sites to hold competitions etc. There might be a few with unwanted keys since they signed up before they heard this announcement (but not too many).

Also I think that since the length is only 8 weeks that individuals will only get a single key for themselves (in the other beta it was long enough for accounts to receive a key for their friends too), so we may not see near as many spare keys floating around.

I agree with you, but I specifically said "sold" because the reality is, some people will/would no doubt resort to that if it becomes an option. I'm not competitive at all, but if there's one thing I've learned in my years of online gaming, it's that people will use whatever means necessary to get an edge over the competition, and that people will pay for just about anything... even if the price is substantially higher than it should be (i.e. scalping).

Of course, this all rests on the assumption that the keys will be tradeable, which I think is unlikely anyway. Given all the restrictions they have already placed on multiple accounts and whatnot, I find it unlikely that they would then allow this. The only exception is the keys granted to other websites.
I thought it would be done randomly. The only way they have to be sure the data is valuable would be to randomize.
Censored.
I'm just going to share my $.02 about this whole thing. I don't post often about current happenings because I understand how insignificant my opinion is. I'm not naive.

But anyway, I don't mind the delays. I don't mind the closed beta. I don't mind paid beta access. I don't mind "high profile"(very few of them are any good; deserving)streamers getting preferential treatment. I don't mind keys being sold for money.

What I do mind, however, is all of the new content being publicized and spoiled before everyone can play it. And not just a few days, or weeks, in advance, but literally months. I'm sure GGG understands the concept of hype and how important it is to financial success, but I can tell you now that by the time Act 4 is actually released, all that hype will be gone(my hype is already wavering). This is my only gripe. I don't want new content spoiled for me by streamers.

For a company that prides itself on "ethical" microtransactions, this is pretty shady.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info