Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

"
mark1030 wrote:
How do I unsign up my alt account? I signed it up before i knew it was against the rules.

I'm sure if you contact support, they can do it for you.
"
Jauer wrote:
how can fead back from new and old players be eaqle valueble.. some ppl sit with such deap knowlege of skills, synegies, gear utilazation and breaking intented abilitys. along with item manufactoring.. cant see how that can be compared with "oh this looks cool".

Depends on what they intend to test. It is not only balancing issues that need to be tested but UI etc. Some things might seem confusing and not logical for a new user that old users might not think about because they understand the game very well.

Best way to test is to have the same spread of users in the beta as in game.

lol what a lot of whining about the beta test. it is a closed beta which means that GGG will select whoever they think is best for testign the game.

"
Warester wrote:

Really the most fucked up system to release a new content I've ever seen. Really I would be totally okay with not playing this game 2 months longer but seeing others playing it while I can't.

Uhh you do understand that it is not a release and playing the game but a way to test the release? And it will probably have tons of bugs which will make you lose stuff, dropping out of game etc.

I think GGG should have people giving feedback on testing and if not doing that, kick them out of beta.
Wow, there is a lot of butthurt in this thread.

I really wasn't expecting so many people to care that much about the beta. I for one do not care about it, as I hate getting spoilers about content, and the fact that we'd need to start over at the end of the beta makes it pointless to play it now (in my mind at least). Plus, I stopped playing months ago in anticipation of the expansion, so waiting another month isn't a big deal.

Of course, it hadn't occurred to me to look at this through the lens of competition. I can see how getting in on this content now will give a serious edge to players looking to participate in races and the new leagues. But then, I'm not competitive at all, so this is still very silly to me.

At the risk of repeating what many have already said, having new players in the mix can be a huge boon, since they might pick up on details/aspects that veteran players may overlook. In particular, I wouldn't expect most of the aforementioned competitive players to stop and read dialogue, or to explore every inch of the map (particularly if they get lucky and find the next objective/waypoint/exit quickly). Plus, there's no telling what kind of effect the inclusion of Act 4 will have on other parts of the game. For all we know, it could destabilize other areas, because newer/different code might be used for content that is already in the game.

I think it's silly to criticize GGG for wanting to have a beta for Act 4, when you consider how massive this update will be, content-wise. In fact, if you complain about this now, odds are you are probably also the kind of person who would complain about the bugs/glitches that would inevitably pop up if they added the content directly. Thus, you are a terrible person either way.

All things considered, I think GGG's approach to this is great, and I like how transparent they are (as with most things) about this, and why they chose to structure it thus. Plus, I stopped caring about the other stuff when I saw that they are planning on deploying that anti-desync countermeasure. I can't wait to try that out.
"

I'm an existing Alpha tester. Do I get in automatically?

Yes. All current and past Alpha testers will be given access on day one, unless they were removed from the Alpha for breaking its rules.

Does this apply only to The Awakening alpha or any of the past alphas?
"
Can I share my Closed Beta account with other people?

No. We will remove Beta access from accounts that are shared.

Does that mean the accoutn is restricted to 1 IP address only? Coz you know, not only do some of us game on a laptop when travelling for work reasons, but some of us also use VPNs so I'm really curious as to how you're going to enforce this (not that I'll get in on the beta anyway, I've never been lucky as far as lotteries are concerned)
"
bferret wrote:
"

I'm an existing Alpha tester. Do I get in automatically?

Yes. All current and past Alpha testers will be given access on day one
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
CB hype :)

Now I have the chance to be in 2 path of exile closed betas.. lol
"
Archwizard wrote:
yap yap yap

Do you remember when CB ended and GGG completely changed the skill tree, skills, and progression to the point CB practically didn't mean anything and we were left with OB full of imbalanced skills and builds? And then when OB finished, GGG again completely changed the skill tree, skills, mobs, mechanics, again making the official release unbalanced, with grossly overpowered builds and one shot mobs?

PoE doesn't need beta, it won't serve any purpose. Also, based on how Alpha testers peformed during CB and OB, I don't lay many hopes 2.0 will be published in decent state.

First CB was different, because the community was small and people missing on content weren't pertubed because they didn't know what they are missing. We now have a much larger community, with people being aware what tehy are missing if they don't get into beta.

And I fully expect streamers feedback to be 'the game is too easy, i can get to lvl 95 just short of 17 days of 10h per day. You should make it harder'.

GGG dropped the ball with this one, they hyped the release, people were convienced we were getting new exp in May, just to find out it will be god knows when and until then if you dont get into beta, you'll be able to read/watch other people playing and having fun.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 13, 2015, 12:21:24 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
yap yap yap

Do you remember when CB ended and GGG completely changed the skill tree, skills, and progression to the point CB practically didn't mean anything and we were left with OB full of imbalanced skills and builds? And then when OB finished, GGG again completely changed the skill tree, skills, mobs, mechanics, again making the official release unbalanced, with grossly overpowered builds and one shot mobs?

PoE doesn't need beta, it won't serve any purpose. Also, based on how Alpha testers peformed during CB and OB, I don't lay many hopes 2.0 will be published in decent state.

First CB was different, because the community was small and people missing on content weren't pertubed because they didn't know what they are missing. We now have a much larger community, with people being aware what tehy are missing if they don't get into beta.

And I fully expect streamers feedback to be 'the game is too easy, i can get to lvl 95 just short of 17 days of 10h per day. You should make it harder'.

GGG dropped the ball with this one, they hyped the release, people were convienced we were getting new exp in May, just to find out it will be god knows when and until then if you dont get into beta, you'll be able to read/watch other people playing and having fun.

Still a salty bastard I see. Sorry you feel that way about the Betas, but I can think of plenty of stuff that was learned from that testing.

Sure GGG still misses the mark on balance from time to time, but if you think that's the only point of testing then it's your vision and understanding that is limited, not the testing process or what GGG gets from it.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info