Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

"
Kid_Galahad wrote:
"I'm a popular Streamer. Can I get access?

Possibly."

Err. wha--? How about no? Much love to all the streamers out there but that sounds fucked up. Its either an equal chance for everybody or its not. Cant have it both ways at the same time cuz... well cuz... thats what she said. There.

Get 1 million views on your stream account and you can get in touch with Bex for access. it would be bad marketing if they didnt get streamers in.
"
Kid_Galahad wrote:
"I'm a popular Streamer. Can I get access?

Possibly."

Err. wha--? How about no? Much love to all the streamers out there but that sounds fucked up. Its either an equal chance for everybody or its not. Cant have it both ways at the same time cuz... well cuz... thats what she said. There.

I feel we need to bring this up, Even tho i enjoy watching pohx and zeno for an example i don't think they should have bigger odds of getting into the beta. "streamer benefits" just became so much more real.
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
Weißenberg wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
Damn Steam generation that is used to consider Beta's as "Early access to the game". It's not about playing the game in advance and being on the hype train "choo chooo all aboard lel". It's a Beta test. People whining because they think some players are being given new content or unfair advantage when they are not just miss the point of what a real Beta test is about.
It's not about an early access. It's about how GGG handled things. They've been pumping up the player base for months now. They made sure everyone was hyped for the expansion. And instead of an expansion we got a ridiculous timer to a closed beta. I have absolutely no intention in playing in the closed beta, but I believe GGG handled the player in the most unprofessional way possible. Instead of launching a marketing campaign, teasing the players and getting everyone on the hype train they should have come forward and admit "ok guys, we said act 4 is gonna be launched in April, but we fell behind the schedule and need to launch a closed beta for some time to make sure act 4 is gonna be as amazing as you want it to be". I bet there would be far less negativity on the forums. I guess they simply got in over their heads with the netcode and a general revamp. And I understand it, it's a tonload of work and they're working hard to release what they believe is going to be a finished product. Just don't run the hype train if you know you can't provide yet.

They never said the expansion was going to launch in april. They said the marketing will begin in april. According to previous expansions schedules, that would have given us the expansion and act 4 mid-late may. Because of this beta we are getting it mid-late june, which is fair considering how massive this expansion is. The timer is a terrible mistake in my opinion (since it's not the game but a test, no need to pump things up), but people should really take it for what is is : A TEST. All I see over here is people that consider it as an early access to the game, when it is not. Questions like "will I unlock achievements" or "do I haz my shit over there" are beyond my understanding of what a beta test is.

Oh please, the timer is only visible if you go to the sign up page, its not a website wide timer.

Youre right, the people who think they could use their stash and chars and achievements are not really getting that its a test, there will be frequent wipes at first. No point in even getting achievements. Testing has to come from the ground up.
"
azraelb wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:
I think a lot of people miss point of beta.

Personally i want to check out those trypophobic mobs in Act 4, to see if they are as bad as they look and somehow make GGG to rethink adding them or giving alternative for them.

Here is a thread i opened not to long ago.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242182

If anyone out there, with same issue, gets beta pass and could help trypophobic people by making posts and screens, that would be great! GGG usually listens to community.

and if someone suffers from arachnophobia we remove spiders? the next one fears skeletons and we remove them. then someone cant see blood and its gone. After that color blind people complain and we remove color?
Where does it stop? In the end we have black and white squares shooting smaller black and white squares?

If He/She/It has an issue, they should raise it, and not sit idle.
Solutions to change models are viable thing, like MTX portals.
No need to invent a wheel here. Just a payable MTX to change model of NPC, if menu options are hard to implement.
How do I find out if I was alpha tester ?:-D I think I had access to Alpha, but I am not entirely sure...
Hopefully this will eliminate all the speculation posts about the CB, cant wait!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I'm glad we got info, but I'm not entirely happy about it.. Giving access to someone just because he streams for a week or two or is an "alpha member" (when half of them aren't even sure if they still are) over a player who plays the entire time isn't exactly fair in my mind, nor beneficial to what the beta is supposedly intended for...
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Knightmare101 on Apr 13, 2015, 8:16:09 AM
gg wp, apparently i should be a streamer :^)
pvp loooooooool
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
azraelb wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:
I think a lot of people miss point of beta.

Personally i want to check out those trypophobic mobs in Act 4, to see if they are as bad as they look and somehow make GGG to rethink adding them or giving alternative for them.

Here is a thread i opened not to long ago.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242182

If anyone out there, with same issue, gets beta pass and could help trypophobic people by making posts and screens, that would be great! GGG usually listens to community.

and if someone suffers from arachnophobia we remove spiders? the next one fears skeletons and we remove them. then someone cant see blood and its gone. After that color blind people complain and we remove color?
Where does it stop? In the end we have black and white squares shooting smaller black and white squares?

If He/She/It has an issue, they should raise it, and not sit idle.
Solutions to change models are viable thing, like MTX portals.
No need to invent a wheel here. Just a payable MTX to change model of NPC, if menu options are hard to implement.

In what game can you change the char model of an NPC? Overreaction much? Either play the game as is or dont. I doubt they replace spells with flowers and rainbows if someone is religious and thinks spells are witch craft.
Very solid info in this FAQ. I'm fairly happy with the way the announcement went and how the plans are shaping. I'm hoping for seamless beta phase to get Act 4 live as soon as possible.

GL & HF to all!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info