Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

Hey,

I'm a STEAM user.

Will I automatically be "opt out" of initial key release until you guys figured out this part?

Thanks a lot!

"
I'm a Steam user. How do I play?

We're still working out the details of this. We'll update this post >once we know how it works.

"
Summoner wrote:
Will beta gameplay count for unlocking achievements?

gameplay will be like: you reached mercyless, the next day your char is wiped.
for achieving something, you would probably have to nolife the redesigned game.
welcome in alpha closed beta.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I play PoE 5 hours at day every single day last year, weekends i play a lot more, and that doesn't matter? it's about 2k hours in a year.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Figures ggg would let the all mighty hand of rng decide who gets in. Works for me , even if my luck is dismal it will hopefully put most concerns to rest
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
I play PoE 5 hours at day every single day last year, weekends i play a lot more, and that doesn't matter? it's about 2k hours in a year.
I think a LOT of people play as much as you.

It's still a closed beta, don't get your hopes up. You are not a special snowflake. Regardless of all of this, don't you have better things to do?
path of exile expert
old 2012 closed beta testers should get an automatic key too if they signed up for new beta, not just alpha testers and streamers imho.

also not sure about the focus in player progress. Most important thing of an ARPG is the lategame and there should be the focus in balancing and testing.

who cares about normal and cruel... that much? Everybody just wants to rush through it asap to get to maps...
Last edited by azraelb on Apr 13, 2015, 7:16:18 AM
"
Lynerus wrote:
So this is like Path of Exile 0.6 where half the content is playable (cause you think its rdy) and half the content is not and you didn't finish it in 3 years time since you started working on act 4?

So why release act 4 now if it isn't (and it isn't ... since your beta testing) ready is the best question i can think of

What I got from it is that they want to keep some content exclusive for the release.
I think a lot of people miss point of beta.

Personally i want to check out those trypophobic mobs in Act 4, to see if they are as bad as they look and somehow make GGG to rethink adding them or giving alternative for them.

Here is a thread i opened not to long ago.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242182

If anyone out there, with same issue, gets beta pass and could help trypophobic people by making posts and screens, that would be great! GGG usually listens to community.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Apr 13, 2015, 7:15:56 AM
You mentioned that we will DL the Beta Client and then sign in with our existing info....
Does this mean all our stuff we have as well as characters will also be accessible for us to use in the testing as well as everything in our stash?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
WiseGuard wrote:
I think a lot of people miss point of beta.

Personally i want to check out those trypophobic mobs in Act 4, to see if they are as bad as they look and somehow make GGG to rethink adding them or giving alternative for them.

Here is a thread i opened not to long ago.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242182

If anyone out there, with same issue, gets beta pass and could help trypophobic people by making posts and screens, that would be great! GGG usually listens to community.

and if someone suffers from arachnophobia we remove spiders? the next one fears skeletons and we remove them. then someone cant see blood and its gone. After that color blind people complain and we remove color?
Where does it stop? In the end we have black and white squares shooting smaller black and white squares?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info