GGG, don't favour streamers for CBT access.

If anything, it should be a random draw. They're no different to those who don't stream. If you're going to do this, you might as well sell access for $10 or something so it's fair for everyone.

It's like on one of ZiggyD's videos he sounded so sure he was going to get in. You shouldn't be depending on streamers so much. I could imagine you losing players if all of the main streamers get access due to it not being fair at all.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Apr 12, 2015, 9:58:20 AM
I think they should favor people that are knowledgeable about the game and will provide good feedback regarding balance and will seek out technical issues. That is how all betas should work. You favor those and then fill in the rest with a random draw.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
I think they should favor people that are knowledgeable about the game and will provide good feedback regarding balance and will seek out technical issues. That is how all betas should work. You favor those and then fill in the rest with a random draw.

I couldn't have said it better. I see it very much the same way.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Synicale wrote:
If anything, it should be a random draw. They're no different to those who don't stream. If you're going to do this, you might as well sell access for $10 or something so it's fair for everyone.

It's like on one of ZiggyD's videos he sounded so sure he was going to get in. You shouldn't be depending on streamers so much. I could imagine you losing players if all of the main streamers get access due to it not being fair at all.

Thoughts?

I would hazard a guess that to GGG there is a big difference between those of us that do not stream and streamers. Streamers provide a lot of free advertising. That said, I hope it is a random draw, but if I were GGG I would put aside some seats for Streamers to help advertise the game and to help socialize the game to people that did not get into the beta. My 2 cents. . .
"
Synicale wrote:

Thoughts?

well first of all selling it for $10 would be way to low if they were going that route, also I think selling it would cause a massive backlash.

Second of course they should give beta access to streamers

its a win for everybody, the streamer gets beta access, GGG gets free publicity, and we the rabble get a glimpse into the new content via the streamers

I dont see any any key!
Streamers are players though. Why would GGG favour them? All it does is kinda make them look bad.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Synicale wrote:

Thoughts?

well first of all selling it for $10 would be way to low if they were going that route, also I think selling it would cause a massive backlash.

Second of course they should give beta access to streamers

its a win for everybody, the streamer gets beta access, GGG gets free publicity, and we the rabble get a glimpse into the new content via the streamers

My thoughts exactly.
"
Synicale wrote:
Streamers are players though. Why would GGG favour them? All it does is kinda make them look bad.

they are players that give GGG free advertisement

also how does it make GGG look bad when every company gives streamers access to betas?
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Synicale wrote:

also how does it make GGG look bad when every company gives streamers access to betas?

What if I run down a busy avenue nekked with a giant sign announcing Act4 strapped on, can I get in?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Synicale wrote:

What if I run down a busy avenue nekked with a giant sign announcing Act4 strapped on, can I get in?
If I get a key, I'll give it to you if you post a picture of you doing that.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info