[1.3] HC Templar Arc - Tanky and powerful hardcore build from scratch

Yea I took this build up to.. 72 in 3 days for 5 day race then GGG let us buy keys, It worked out. I never found an Enduring cry to use tho.

Feed back:

Easy to play
Guide was easy to follow
Build works with good gear and even uncapped resistances at maps with 2.5k hp. (I tried branching out from tankyness for more dmg.)
I got up to just over 3k dps.
The suggested res nodes worked out great when I wasn't able to find high res rolls.
Spoiler

My low dps mad some tanky mobs a little harder
I had trouble dealing with some exiles and bosses, mostly the leap slamming ones, but that came down to lack of experience I feel.

Basing a build off of this in beta as Arc is what I feel like palying.

- I used culling strike over FC and LL because that was just my prefrence for dealing with my lower end DPS at the higher levels.
Fish
Last edited by TallTimbers on May 1, 2015, 7:34:17 AM
I'm sure gonna try this build as soon as the new event starts!

I just did a little optimization for your build (in my humble opinion)

you had two single 3% fcr nodes used while there is a 6% fcr/20 dex node instead (more than dubble for 1 skill)
I also skilled deep wisdome (60+ base mana, with your % bonus should help a lot)

Edit: sanctity should be included at any stage before you get vaal packt, its an awesome node with multiple bonusses and 1% life regen

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUABAcEswVCCPQJqgx9EFgQfxEPFm8XLxo4Gmwb8R8CJKonLyj6LJwtHzWSNsU26TpYOuFBh0GWQ8hFnUbXTLNN408EU1JVxlXWXypk52pDaxdxhXYRfq9-x4Ckgh6Cm4LHg9uLjI0ZkFWVIJo7muCdrqIAplenCKyYrrOxQrc-uJO86sAawFTAZsCawfPGnsy30PXVddWm2CTYvdlf2fzaudsL3YzgEuFz42rk7OWL6-Tr7uw47TzwH_JF-d356PrS_gr-j-QitfKpbio4f8aiow5IEZZd8qSRfjOMNhOeJpVh4lVLJNiFbdWBbRlo8ha_
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
Last edited by Hellskin on May 8, 2015, 12:41:27 PM
hey there,
i like your build, i'm 80 now and doing ok, not very tanky however.
what i did different and i need your guys opinions here: i went right from heart of thunder and take 4 points into breath of lightning for more damages and additional 10% to shock (i have now 45% to shock in total) i'm now experimenting - i'm going east for doom cast (for spell crits) through life and energy shield nodes, after this i'm thinking about taking way up to static blows for 15% more to shock - it's experiment i do not know how it went, so far shocking works nice for me.

what do you think?

oh and i admit.. i dropped vaal pact and all nodes with hp there also dropped shaper cuz i'm ok right now with mana (have two auras, thunder and arctic armor active all the time and i lost no mana when i'm running and killing). probably later on i'll discover that vaal pact was necessarry, right now barely anything get close to me.
Hello ,

Nice build and its written very well. Still i have one concern -No evasion at all? Even not a flask ,isn't that dangerous for hc?
"
hardcore91 wrote:
Hello ,

Nice build and its written very well. Still i have one concern -No evasion at all? Even not a flask ,isn't that dangerous for hc?

In the live servers, no. I felt pretty immortal on this character.

"
Dragosani wrote:
hey there,
i like your build, i'm 80 now and doing ok, not very tanky however.
what i did different and i need your guys opinions here: i went right from heart of thunder and take 4 points into breath of lightning for more damages and additional 10% to shock (i have now 45% to shock in total) i'm now experimenting - i'm going east for doom cast (for spell crits) through life and energy shield nodes, after this i'm thinking about taking way up to static blows for 15% more to shock - it's experiment i do not know how it went, so far shocking works nice for me.

what do you think?

oh and i admit.. i dropped vaal pact and all nodes with hp there also dropped shaper cuz i'm ok right now with mana (have two auras, thunder and arctic armor active all the time and i lost no mana when i'm running and killing). probably later on i'll discover that vaal pact was necessarry, right now barely anything get close to me.

If you're making decisions like that, its probably why you don't feel tanky.

You don't need additional chance to shock. You already have 5% from elementalist, 5% from celestial punishment, 10% from arc, another 10% from quality arc, as well as reduced resistances with Lightning penetration and Frostbite which makes shocking easier.

Now you want crit. Crit gives 100% chance to shock. Getting both is completely ineffective and inefficient.

If you want to be greedy for more damage, you either go full Crit or start getting cast speed. Elemental damage doesn't do much and Spell damage is hard to find, you're better off getting cast speed or getting a Pledge of Hands, don't bother wasting your time with shock you will shock enough.

You are level 80, the game has just began. When you start to hit reflect monsters when you actually start to deal damage, you will want Vaal pact. You want a high a level of arctic armor as possible. You also want the highest amount of mana possible because you should be running more than 2 auras. Clarity, Arctic Armour, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice and Purity of Lightning are all currently available to be active at the same time in the live servers and you should enjoy it while you still can, it should be giving you all the damage and defense you need other than what I have already outlined. You can't do this in beta.

Along the same lines I am sad to say this build is not viable for Hardcore in the current state of beta. I made a Hybrid Life/ES character that used Glacial Cascade because Arc is no longer as safe as it used to be and you need to give up a couple of auras, but this was totally focused on mana and mana regen for Arctic Armour. When changes come for mana and AA I will probably remake this build for 2.0 with Life/ES Hybrid and Glacial Cascade.

For now I am experimenting with CI since its the only defense casters have in beta.
IGN- Lachleo
3.3 HC CI Cold Crit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2184026
Awakening Beta Build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1280231/
2.2 HC CI Cold Crit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1584182
Last edited by Lachesys on May 20, 2015, 8:52:01 PM
thank you very much, points taken, time to gather regrets :D
"
Dragosani wrote:
thank you very much, points taken, time to gather regrets :D

There will almost guaranteed be a talent wipe with 2.0. No need to gather regrets
What are your thoughts on this build with the loss of cwdt for EC, reduced mana gem for auras and arctic armor nerf and eldritch battery nerf? So many things being nerfed that these good build utilize.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jun 25, 2015, 11:53:30 AM
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
What are your thoughts on this build with the loss of cwdt for EC, reduced mana gem for auras and arctic armor nerf and eldritch battery nerf? So many things being nerfed that these good build utilize.

I'm playing ARC build in the Beta have been for awhile. Arc got a 20% effectiveness increase so it hits harder. AA got a rework it's fine IMO. MOM moved closer to the Templar / Witch is a good thing. Inner force is gone now.

Reduced mana will hurt everyone but I'm running 3 auras (clarity/lightning/discipline) without it. EC turned into a warcry so it won't fire with CWDT so now I just run. CWDT + Inc duration + IC + any curse in a 4L.

Here is my CB ARC build
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
Last edited by xstylenx on Jun 27, 2015, 9:33:43 AM
bro, been running this build,
currently at level 50, cruel, have only 1 question, your advice for bandits, its not written in this guide..

on normal i helped oak for +40 base life,

on cruel i dont know if +4% cast speed or kill them all for passive,

on merciless i will kill them all for passive bec i dont need any of the +1 charges..

thank you and more power.. =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info