How important are totem durability nodes?

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

keep in mind this is a crit totem build , not a normal totem build. which is why you see me in the witch shadow and templar.

I know. Templar start is always the best for a totem build getting a lot of totem nodes, but if you're looking to go crit, you'd need to use a staff, since you'd be overextending too much if you go to Doom Cast or Assassination.

But I guess you'll stick to witch, so you should probably do the increased cast speed thing.

Dat Shadow start doe.

Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Mar 30, 2015, 11:17:18 AM
the staff crit nodes are not good enough to make up for the easy to get mods you can get with a wand / spirit shield

i have 24% block 170% crit and 110 spell damage between the spirit shield and wand i am using.

well, just ask again if you think resummoning's not your thing. The cast speed, quality on totem, and the increased level are all valid points to increase totem "toughness" without spending nodes.

this talk of totems and cast speed got me thinking of an SRS totem build.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Well this did reaffirm some things ,

1 it sounds like for leveling going totem nodes is good for totem tankyness

2 i am currently in a situation where that would not be an effective use of my passives so plan b would be cast speed and totem quality (oh god this is going to be expensive )

What? lol no.

Totem tankiness is great until you reach 70+ maps, where it will drop drastically (by my experience). just using them alone is fine until that point.

By then, you could've probably saved up for 20 Gemcutters or so. :P
that was a confusing post , are you saying that totem nodes arent needed for leveling or are you saying that it doesn't matter high level things will poo all over them regardless...
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
that was a confusing post , are you saying that totem nodes arent needed for leveling or are you saying that it doesn't matter high level things will poo all over them regardless...

First one. I meant you'd only need the increased tankiness after that point.

EDIT: lemme explain myself further.

You don't need any of the tips we gave you while you're levelling (well, aside from cast speed. that thing's just good all around). your totems should be able to take some hits, even without Gem Quality/damage reduction nodes.
in 70+ maps are you only going to need said things.
Last edited by enveratise on Mar 30, 2015, 12:53:59 PM
so at that point , would quality alone suffice?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
so at that point , would quality alone suffice?

I honestly don't know. While I know totem quality does add totem life, I've never used a quality totem before, so I can't gauge how effective it is.

I have taken Totem Res/ Phys reduction nodes before, though. totems are still just blown off by bosses in maps with lots of damage mods, but you can feel the nodes' effects somewhat against everything else.
Last edited by enveratise on Mar 30, 2015, 12:58:29 PM
you could prevent totems from being hit that often. cold snap trap, minions, conversion traps, high-aoe tri-totem fast 100% reduced duration lightning warp that shocks and freezes, etc

I think purity aura is required, leech possible
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 30, 2015, 1:11:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info