Torment/Bloodlines One Month Event (Hardcore)

"
d2trust wrote:
How much real money you spend to be able to run 78 maps all day for the past 2 weeks to hit 100 first? Pretty pathetic in my opinion. Legit players will never have a 78 map pool. Congratulations you paid to win

lmao so butthurt
congrats to eskprodigy1 for lvl 100 !
Hi everyone,

congratulations on all who participated and completed their challenges. I was really late to the game and died at Level 66 (1-Month HC) to a rockfall by Vaal in Merciless. :( Which is... sort of good, because it shows how much "just playing it safe" requires - so well done, folks! A good challenge.

What happened?

I played until I had my fire and lightning resists up and attempted Vaal with my Ice Shot ranger. I had lots of rock phases right from the start, got lasered once (to 50% HP) and the adds almost shotgunned me once, so I ran away from Vaal when another rock phase started - I know I should've stayed close, but I had only 2280 HP and was afraid of the smash. I ran a medium sized circle (like close to the steps, with Vaal in the middle) and got oneshot (properly).

I know I was too low on HP, but dying to a rockfall still felt stupid - not my fault, I feel. I could've, should've... I know, but I didn't have the necessary gear and would never have made it to 3400 HP and a Granite in time. It wouldn't have changed if I had grinded out another 4 Levels.

Ah well, self-found and really happy about my progress so far. I found a 220 DPS Decimation Bow in Cruel, Maligaro's Virtuosity and a Cast When Damage Taken setup (CwDt, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, Decoy Totem, all found on Merciless).

I hope there will be a similar event soon, where I can try to participate earlier and take my time. And I want some fancy armour skins, too! :)

Best wishes,
udergl
Is there going to be another new league after this? I havent seen anything posted
After dying in a stupid way at almost level 76 about 10 days ago (looking at other screen, suddenly Congealed Blood in my face) I believed in myself and rerolled.
Managed to get level 80 today, 100% solo, my highest hardcore character ever (I only made 5 in total, 3 died), and this in a league that felt the hardest I ever played in. Every blue pack can be a serious threat, being focused all the time is quite stressful (this is why I don't like playing hc that much, but it's cool once in a while), but I made it. I barely had any maps left as well so good thing it's over :p

Killed Dominus merciless just for another achievement, felt so easy compared to a random blue pack in a 70 map lol. As far as I've seen in the beta not that many blue packs are bloodlines, which is great, there should be time for relaxing in PoE as well :p
Last edited by leto2626 on Apr 22, 2015, 6:55:28 PM
"
Kulika23 wrote:
Is there going to be another new league after this? I havent seen anything posted

It would be smart if there is one soon; helps keep the mind off of beta invites.
"
udergl wrote:
Hi everyone,

I had lots of rock phases right from the start, got lasered once (to 50% HP) and the adds almost shotgunned me once, so I ran away from Vaal when another rock phase started - I know I should've stayed close, but I had only 2280 HP and was afraid of the smash. I ran a medium sized circle (like close to the steps, with Vaal in the middle) and got oneshot (properly).

I know I was too low on HP, but dying to a rockfall still felt stupid - not my fault, I feel. I could've, should've... I know, but I didn't have the necessary gear and would never have made it to 3400 HP and a Granite in time. It wouldn't have changed if I had grinded out another 4 Levels.
udergl

quick port out to city and back could have saved you.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
Last 30 hours of BL mods. In my opinion the worst league (mods) ever. Never had less fun playing PoE, almost felt like going to work... hope they will be removed from std. game. But perma hc was fun the last few weeks <3
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Grats o everyone, was a fun league!

Would be lovely to know what's coming out for non-beta players when this league ends, since only 1 day left.

Any Updates?
dank memes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info