Game freezes/crashes from time to time!

"
Salumba wrote:
"
sebeke wrote:

Uninstalled the x86 version. But I don't have a Path of Exile/_CommonRedist/vcredist folder in my PoE map.

Maybe the stand alone client differs from the Steam version. I play via Steam and the vcredist folder is there (Steam/SteamApps/Common/Path of Exile/_CommonRedist/vcredist/2010).

Recently I read that 64bit systems need the x86 version for 32bit applications too, so you should install it again. This was my fault, sorry for that, I'm not so familiar with 64bit systems. You can find the x86 version on the microsoft support page too.

What I experienced in the past: When playing other games and then starting PoE it produces Exception and Runtime Errors after a while. I always have to reset MVC++ first, then the Exceptions/Runtimes won't show up. I don't know whether PoE is just super sensitive regarding MVC or what it exactly is that causes the errors and why resetting MVC solves it.

What exactly does the vcredist file do, repair Microsoft Visual c++? I guess I could go back to the steam client and try that, I mean the standalone client havnt really solved anything. About the x86 version, I guess i'll just reinstall it, havnt had any new/other problems so far though. Exactly what is it needed for?
"
sebeke wrote:

What exactly does the vcredist file do, repair Microsoft Visual c++? I guess I could go back to the steam client and try that, I mean the standalone client havnt really solved anything. About the x86 version, I guess i'll just reinstall it, havnt had any new/other problems so far though. Exactly what is it needed for?

Yes, it installs/removes/repairs MVC++. Unfortunately I don't know what exactly it does and why it is so important. A (GGG-)Programmer probably can give you the answer.

The only thing I know: I got Exception and Runtime Errors with the key words Microsoft Visual C++ and after I reset the version, these issues do not occur. Though they return after playing other games, so I assume these games change something in MVC to be "actual" or overwrite some files and that causes PoE to produce these errors. I already had to reset it multiple times in the past before starting PoE. Otherwise the Exception would remember me to do it.
"
Salumba wrote:
"
sebeke wrote:

Yes, it installs/removes/repairs MVC++. Unfortunately I don't know what exactly it does and why it is so important. A (GGG-)Programmer probably can give you the answer.

The only thing I know: I got Exception and Runtime Errors with the key words Microsoft Visual C++ and after I reset the version, these issues do not occur. Though they return after playing other games, so I assume these games change something in MVC to be "actual" or overwrite some files and that causes PoE to produce these errors. I already had to reset it multiple times in the past before starting PoE. Otherwise the Exception would remember me to do it.

Allrite, well I guess I'll try that! Thanks for you help, really appreciate it!
Crashes came back more frequent today, going to try installing the steam client now. Now the crashes list as "failed creating d3d device".
Did you delete the productions config ini like suggested in the pinned thread? Beware if you do so, you'll have to reorganize the options as you organized them before.
I tried that earlier, although havn't tried now with the steam client. Guess ill try it aswell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info