Why is this game soo bad ?

"
Perq wrote:
This is something I've been talking about in context of Legacy Gear. Not that Legacy Gear is super relevant to the gameplay, but about how people react to such stuff. Yes, it is false, yes him saying that game is balanced with Legacy Gear in mind is silly.

People telling OP that this is false are just cute. We all know that. What you cannot understand is that people will try to convince themselves that this is true. Be it guy on Steam with 3000 hours saying that Legacy is stupid, or any other silly reason. But they will quit, and they will never learn the truth. This one guy with his negative opinion out there may cost GGG some buck. EVEN if it is wrong.

THIS is the main damage Legacy Gear does, and this is why it should be dealt with. Is Legacy Gear really worth losing those extra players which in turn may be extra $$$ for GGG, which in turn helps game development? Because I'm not so sure about it.

If there wasn't legacies they would just complain about something else, its just how some people are. Also there are some of us that would quit if our items were retroactively nerfed. So GGG can't really win this battle.
"
Metronomy wrote:
Ill read it through completely, but I know a few developers that play this game so first point is incorrect, ill keep reading though.

Edit: I read the rest, I could only find one other issue you seemed to have with the game, and that is the age old 'people have better items than me'.

If you care about things like that, then the standard league is the wrong league to be playing in. GGG has to cater to a lot of different people, including those that want permanence (those who might play in standard). The only solution to people having better items than you is for you to stop caring about things like that.

Ahah you just couldnt read the whole post and then reply, could you? Or you dont know how to make another tab ?
"
Uhm...

You played for how many hours and now you say the game is bad?

I'm missing something here, clearly.

You definitely do
Man this game is pure trash really i just played 3k hours and this is the worst game ever, well i will probably play another 5k hours but damn this game really needs to change, it is soooo bad!

Well i dont intent to argue with insane people so ... (vangrandson dodges and than runs away as if a demon would hunt him)
"
morbo wrote:

There might be even more players leaving, if GGG forcefully nerfed all those nice legacies that took hundreds of hours to obtain. The current situation is actually the middle ground: people with legacies can still enjoy them in Std, but the actual game is going on in temp leagues, without legacies (the 'core game' is not balanced for legacies).

There's too much butthurt about legacies. Everything that can be done in temp. leagues, can be done in Std, most of the time easier. Only if you want to compete with Std mirror service providers you might have a tough time, because you are 2 years late. If you need to obtain lots of wealth for your enjoyment, then start in temp. leagues, trade like a madman and then continue in Std, when leagues merge.

I looted all my rare swag (Kaoms, BoR, Soul Taker..) after they were all nerfed. Should be opening a ton of QQ threads how this is unfair and can't grind 71s maps without legacy Kaom.. ;_;

"
Telzen wrote:

If there wasn't legacies they would just complain about something else, its just how some people are. Also there are some of us that would quit if our items were retroactively nerfed. So GGG can't really win this battle.

PoE players are only ones who think that after the items is nerfed, they should get the old item, cuz "it is fair". Lel. No other game ever does that. This is how balancing works, and it was never meant to be like this. And this legacy bullcrap also makes balancing for GGG harder, because they have to avoid changing the items cuz of "another wave of legacies".
But this is really not important. Man up, stop being so protective about your legacies and let this shit happen. We need more new players more than some stupid items.

As a new player, hearing about something like this makes you question if you want to play this game. It is not that people are "like this, and will whine about everything". Think for a second - LOOT BASED GAME that allows items to remain overpowered, even tho they were nerfed. How does it sounds? Not the best advertisement you can do.

Also, believe it or not, but I think that there might be far more players that will come here and support them game, than few people hugging their legacies. Much fewer people were playing back in the days of them being able to drop. Honestly, if that would be the cost of gaining new players with fresh $$$ for GGG, my answer would be "farewell."

Ps. Stop that "took hundreds of hours to obtain" bullshit, please. It takes just as long to obtain non-legacy versions. (drop vise, if you decided to buy these - you are silly, and this makes even less sense, if you think that these legacies should turn into million dollar business, just because you happened to be here in the right time.)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 23, 2015, 3:18:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info