Why is this game soo bad ?

the only thing I agree with OP about is, the balance team does in fact seem to balance the game around the ultra-rich and uber-geared players towards late-game.
this, while providing no actual indication of needing to obtain said ultra-gear, because Normal and Cruel seem easier in terms of monster damage output, than they used to be.

this, and the fact you can quite literally not see a single gear-piece upgrade in months, and not a single high-end piece of gear in years, no matter what you do - unless you trade.
or just luck-out a barrel and get some insane stuff you didn't even deserve yet.
the loot system is absolutely fucking horrendous.
honestly, there really is no incentive to keep going for challenging bosses and content, unless you're a masochist like me. nothing to tell a player "you can get the carrot, but you need to prove worthy!".

gear checks + trade as the only real way of obtaining gear = a pretty crappy experience, tbh.
unless you are here to play Monopoly instead of monster-slaying Action RPG.
in which case you may still not be immune to having a bad time, because the market is more scum-filled than ever before. I gave up on trading back when roughly every 10th guy tried to scam you. I imagine it's far worse than that, nowadays.

overall, Path Of Exile does so many things right and is so addictive it's hard to describe really, but at the same time does so many things wrong it's just incredible, and quite deliberately at that.
why it does that, is just beyond me.
why can't it be just fkn good overall? it sure has the potential to, but after so many years, I dare say that potential will never fully be realized.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 20, 2015, 2:03:34 PM
I base my enjoyment of this game on what other people have. How can I be expected to kill monsters under such horrid conditions? I'm quitting as soon as I hit 5000 hours played to make sure I fully understand just how bad this game really is.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
so i totally agree with this guy! there are only 2 types of players in this game the ones who trade with mirror's and the others who dont! this is very saad if you ask me ... the mortals like me and many others will never have a mirror in the entire gaming time even in 10+ years grind. while some ppl trade with mirrors and 100 exalt stacks every day over and over again how fair is that?

How I hate these stupid "Mommy he has a bigger watergun" threads. I don't have a mirror, I don't have 100 ex (actually I have 2 ^^) and I don't see a problem. And for the "how fair is that part" - how fair would it be when every noob had the same currency as a crafter and trader like axn, that is playing this game since forever and is doing the trading thing like a pro. If you want all the shiny gg items you have to work for them. Of course as a casual player you can't get the same amount of wealth than a nolifer doing 16/7. But this has nothing to do with poe or with any other game it is a general thing in life - keyword: work/life balance. Less qq more pewpew!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
johnKeys wrote:

overall, Path Of Exile does so many things right and is so addictive it's hard to describe really, but at the same time does so many things wrong it's just incredible, and quite deliberately at that.

Because the things you think it does wrong it actually does right and these not-wrong things are necessary for the other things it makes right. Maybe it's hard to grasp for you because the game is quite complex ;)

t. condescending frog
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

Because the things you think it does wrong it actually does right and these not-wrong things are necessary for the other things it makes right. Maybe it's hard to grasp for you because the game is quite complex ;)

t. condescending frog

when I look at the awesomeness of the skill tree and the amount of different gem combinations, and go "fuck yeah!", but then look at crazy Map Dominus, guarded by Xandro RIP-your-ass Blooddrinker and the most ungodly rare mobs to ever spawn in maps - all collectively drop THIS
Spoiler

plus a note saying "y u no trade? *kappa*"
I go "oh god no. not again!" and want to stop playing.

therefore, I really need you to define "bad things/good things", Xav.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
play for 125 literal days and then say the game sucks bruhs

yeah it did suck.you.in.
It sounds like that guy who played 3k hours just got bored. That happens with every game - it's just a game, after all, and it's eventually going to get boring. It's a mistake to start to cloak your reasons for quitting with random inane criticisms when what happened is you just decided you'd rather do something else. It's ok to want to do something else. It's ok.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Well it is Path of Communism usually: try to "balance" the game, OP Geared people found out a way to be strong as fuck again, the genius balance team sees this, nerfs you hard so you're a little bit closer to the level of pleb-geared people, hmm I don't see the logic there as I'm pretty sure I deserve to be OP if I invested in a colossal amount of Exalts to make it compared to 10 chaos builds.

But reading your whole post tho, man, to those newer players can't git gud at the game and can't trade as well for those sweet legacy items? If you're sooooo incompetent to the point that you qq that other people trade 100s of exalts a day and you trade 2 fusings a day? Like many reviewers say regarding this game, the actual grinding part of PoE is as unforgiving as its Wall Street so yea you are better off playing Mario Tennis or something.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
This is something I've been talking about in context of Legacy Gear. Not that Legacy Gear is super relevant to the gameplay, but about how people react to such stuff. Yes, it is false, yes him saying that game is balanced with Legacy Gear in mind is silly.

People telling OP that this is false are just cute. We all know that. What you cannot understand is that people will try to convince themselves that this is true. Be it guy on Steam with 3000 hours saying that Legacy is stupid, or any other silly reason. But they will quit, and they will never learn the truth. This one guy with his negative opinion out there may cost GGG some buck. EVEN if it is wrong.

THIS is the main damage Legacy Gear does, and this is why it should be dealt with. Is Legacy Gear really worth losing those extra players which in turn may be extra $$$ for GGG, which in turn helps game development? Because I'm not so sure about it.

johnKeys delivers
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

t. condescending frog

when I look at the awesomeness of the skill tree and the amount of different gem combinations, and go "fuck yeah!", but then look at crazy Map Dominus, guarded by Xandro RIP-your-ass Blooddrinker and the most ungodly rare mobs to ever spawn in maps - all collectively drop THIS
Spoiler

plus a note saying "y u no trade? *kappa*"
I go "oh god no. not again!" and want to stop playing.

therefore, I really need you to define "bad things/good things", Xav.

REEESK REWOOORRDDD This thread is not even about this. Do you really have to stick that one bit in every thread? :____:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 21, 2015, 8:06:24 AM
"
Perq wrote:
THIS is the main damage Legacy Gear does, and this is why it should be dealt with. Is Legacy Gear really worth losing those extra players which in turn may be extra $$$ for GGG, which in turn helps game development? Because I'm not so sure about it.

There might be even more players leaving, if GGG forcefully nerfed all those nice legacies that took hundreds of hours to obtain. The current situation is actually the middle ground: people with legacies can still enjoy them in Std, but the actual game is going on in temp leagues, without legacies (the 'core game' is not balanced for legacies).

There's too much butthurt about legacies. Everything that can be done in temp. leagues, can be done in Std, most of the time easier. Only if you want to compete with Std mirror service providers you might have a tough time, because you are 2 years late. If you need to obtain lots of wealth for your enjoyment, then start in temp. leagues, trade like a madman and then continue in Std, when leagues merge.

I looted all my rare swag (Kaoms, BoR, Soul Taker..) after they were all nerfed. Should be opening a ton of QQ threads how this is unfair and can't grind 71s maps without legacy Kaom.. ;_;
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 21, 2015, 8:27:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info