They're going to nerf crit

Ah I'd be defending crit and making fun of people but I'm so mellow right now I'm ma lay down and eat bread while I look at my pillow.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 18, 2015, 10:32:50 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

I'm not young nor on a parade. And yes, people could sacrifice life nodes for crit. My point is just that you don't HAVE to. You can go as tanky as normal AND have tons of crit damage. You can easy get 70-80 crit chance with 4-5000 life. Crit HAS to change, for the sake of diversity.

You're trying to have a rational conversation with Dirk about a popular game mechanic. I suggest you rethink that strategy.

Crit needs to be reworked not because crit is too strong, but because nothing else can get a boost without the crit version going further into the stratosphere.
'

basically crit can just be thrown on top of any other build and make it better with no downside other than the passive points put into it. which isn't really a downside since the player clearly wants to spend more points into damage.

it is not like you need a certain threshold to make crit work.

just look at flame totem, it has 4% base crit and it is pretty much unanimous that the only way to go over 10k dps with them is through crit.

this suggests that there needs to be some inherent downside to investing into crit.

but oddly enough not only does crit have no downside , it is laced with bunches of perks....

it is beyond obvious that so long as crit procs status effects, it will be the best method to proc status ailments.
it is beyond obvious that so long as crit can gain charges without killing , it will be the best method of getting charges.

it doesn't need either of those perks, if it was just a damage boost it would be op.

I think so long as crit is looked at as a major mechanic it is simply not balance-able. So long as you can actively build characters that thrive on making crit their bread and butter this will be a problem. because again there is no downside to crit other than the points invested, but this downside is true for ANY form of damage , be it a physical node or a spell damage node.

So long as a player can go crit and get 2 - 20 times the dps as non crit . this is whole mechanic is a broken piece of crap.

being able to stack it in the way we can now is no different than being able to easily stack 75/75 block or block with prenerfed acrobatics or immortal call spam or max res stacking . they all have one thing in common: to damn easy to stack to too damn high a number.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 18, 2015, 10:36:55 AM
Crit is the normal way of scaling damage on any RPG. It is just the nature of it. RT was given as an option and now people thinks crit must be scaled down to what RT is ... It is just plain retarded.

If you want to maximize the power of crit YES dude you are sacrificing a lot of defenses.
"
chromafunk wrote:
Crit is the normal way of scaling damage on any RPG. It is just the nature of it. RT was given as an option and now people thinks crit must be scaled down to what RT is ... It is just plain retarded.

If you want to maximize the power of crit YES dude you are sacrificing a lot of defenses.

wrong in both counts , my crit ranger is at 61% base crit with power charges taking her to 80%, i have 16 nodes in crit. (+1 for the power charge bandit)

17 nodes that would have just gone into more physical damage or more attack speed or more projectile damage because i got all of the life nodes by level 60 and acrobatics and ondars by 70.

people act as if it is some sort of challenge to get all the life nodes in a given area and that we are "sacrificing" defense and life etc when they are already so damn sparse.

also crit is a more recent thing. i barely even remember crit as a thing 5- 10 years ago. it was there doing something to be sure , but it wasn't important.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 18, 2015, 10:43:09 AM
Wait who had crit in the whats next in the bitching cycle pool?
I dont see any any key!
"
chromafunk wrote:

You and I must be playing vastly different games, then.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
chromafunk wrote:

Agree.

I am just waiting the moment (with all those nurfs) when PoE turn to the game where we see "1 ex budget RT ground slammer mara lvl 80" do 10% less damage comparing to "1000 ex low life all mirored person lvl 100". So probably ppl stop complain. So much "balanced".
IGN: MsAnnoyance
crits not even OP anymore. check Dragon's uber down thread. plenty of super cheap non crit builds make crit look like a poor investment. All u who think it's OP are behind the meta times IMO.

crits in a good spot why nerf?

Please buff EK tho

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1217273/page/5

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 18, 2015, 12:50:47 PM
Crit is already ded after 1.3 jizzmega nerf.
What about crit modifiers being put on individual skill gems? I feel like active and support gems with a function of filling the screen with damage (Spectral Throw, Split Arrow, GMP, LMP, Fork, Chain and the like) should have some penalties to crit chance and/or mult built in. It doesn't make sense for a GMP bow skill for example, to send out a spread of 5 arrows and for each arrow to catch a moving target in the eye/heart or whatever! Outside of the movies at least. I think there should be a trade-off where big area damage skills lose their crit potential, and skills configured for precision striking single targets or small areas are still able to make the big crits. Just critting the whole screen all the time is pretty one-buttony and boring!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info