They're going to nerf crit

not talking about prolif here , stop bringing it up.

less true? what are you talking about?

i assume you are comparing crit builds to those other op builds mentioned earlier , not going to say what i said about that again.

but if we were to jsut look at builds that have access to crit vs no crit , generally crit does 50 - to 100% more damage.

my crit ranger using the same bow dps of 300 does roughly 60% more damage than my non crit ranger with all the crit nodes converted to attack speed or physical damage nodes.

60% is not small. pre crit my non crit ranger has 250% increased projectile/ physical damage over my crit ranger.

now if my harbinger was say only 7.0 base crit that would probably make things more even probably in the 30 - 40% more range.

i would be fine with that if that was all.

but then you have the fact that my crit ranger has an 81% chance to freeze shock and ignite while under charges and has infinite flasks because of surgeons

and the balance just goes to shit
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 20, 2015, 11:30:22 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

less true? what are you talking about?

crit multi nerf ( which was really a bad move from GGG, nerfing crit chance would have been harder to implement/balance but more beneficial to the game at the end )
IGN TylordRampage
man, I don't know why they just HAVE to nerf every freaking thing. NERF NERF NERF till its the size of their small willys. It's not fun when things get nerfed even though theres no real overpowered ness. It makes it NOT FUN. FUN is when you let everything be the way it is, any build will be 'overpowered' and fun and you can't go wrong. Like diablo 2. You might as well just give us sticks and remove all skills/weapons and get it over with because that seems like its what you want.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Mar 20, 2015, 12:50:52 PM
"
man, I don't know why they just HAVE to nerf every freaking thing. NERF NERF NERF till its the size of their small willys. It's not fun when things get nerfed even though theres no real overpowered ness. It makes it NOT FUN. FUN is when you let everything be the way it is, any build will be 'overpowered' and fun and you can't go wrong. Like diablo 2. You might as well just give us sticks and remove all skills/weapons and get it over with because that seems like its what you want.

What a flavorful opinion.

Here's what I read: "All I want is CAKE! All you CAKE HATERS with your TINY DICKS can fuck off! I want CAKE!"

---

Diablo 2 certainly had nerfs. It wasn't a completely foreign concept to them. Static Field was the most obvious nerf when they capped its effectiveness in Nightmare and Hell.

Your fun is not universal. Different people have different fun. You get off on big numbers or mindless grinding or whatever it is that anti-nerf people like and that's just great. There are lots of people that want to be challenged and want to be forced to think about their build while they play instead.

It helps that GGG sold their "fun" as the complex-systems fun right from the bat. They never claimed to sell cake, regardless of how much you like it.

Similarly, homogenization is not the only road to balance but it's the only one you can think of and that's awfully unimaginative. Good balance is getting things "close enough", not making them all the same. Good balance is letting people go down mutually exclusive paths and arriving at the same places despite their different routes.
Nerf of Crit sounds absurds.
Better do something about burn prolif first.

Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
The worst enemy of antinerf people is antinerf people. They just sound stupid most of the time.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 20, 2015, 7:58:44 PM
Crit? wtf is that?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
caboom wrote:
that being said is not the damage what bothers me, what i dont get is why it olso has 100% chance to proc status ailments aswell as refill flask with surgeon mod

Why are more people not talking about this? What would happen if GGG decoupled crit + elemental status effects and changed the Surgeon's mod or made it legacy? Is the decoupling even possible? Certain gems might need to be given increased chance to burn/freeze/shock...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
The only issue I see with crit is surgeon's flasks. Investing in crit means sacrificing defensive nodes and affixes, which is a fine tradeoff for extra damage and offensive utility. What crit should not provide is a substantial defensive buff, yet that's exactly what they get by popping flasks with impunity.

It also makes it much harder to design decent boss fights. Flasks are designed to be temporary and their power reflects that. Having a subset of builds that can replenish that resource while every other build has to use them sparingly makes it much tougher to design big enemies that are challenging for everyone.
Last edited by FunkyFritter on Mar 21, 2015, 3:46:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info