MingPrawn's Broken Cats Toss" ~ [2.0]

"
So you're telling me with that setup you can facetank with no dodging involved? and when do you ever need 100% hit chance honestly its a huge waste. herald of thunder / ice isn't even needed..

The whole point of a spec like this is to facetank and shotgun them with GMP to do even more damage. not run around dodging and wasting dps potential, look at shatterchuck as an example.

I've mapped with him multiple times and this build is by far the most capable coc I've seen. Shatterchuck doesn't come close to its clear speed due to mobility. Spell dps will take a large hit losing both heralds so not really sure what you're getting at.
Last edited by dbols on Mar 23, 2015, 10:04:22 PM
I think you're underestimating the dps gain from the heralds. As well as the shock from Herald of Thunder providing you with a 50% more multiplier, and the extra leech from a lvl 26 Herald of Ice that allows you to leech even without using a cold spell.

I don't know your gear, but as for the gem setup. Purity of Elements? I should stop reading already.
Buffing your Haste with Empower seems like a giant waste as it doesn't get much better with levels. Far better options out there.
All these auras would also leave you with barely any hp unreserved, so unless you have an elreon ring with you, you can't cast for very long.
I'm not sure why you think your setup is so superior defensively. Is it the 135% ES? The 81/81/82 res? (can you even sustain RF with that since you don't have flask nodes?)

I'm guessing you haven't played with Ming in game, because if you had, you'd know he can facetank anything that comes in his face. Also, his dps can't be compared to Shatterchuck.

As someone who leveled to 100 with Banana Toss, swapped the dagger for a wand, and then leveled to 100 again, your "improvements" aren't anything to speak of.

Sidenote, for Atziri I'd use LMP over GMP any day of the week.
Both heralds + scold's add approx 4k to 5k sheet dps to ab and fb, respectively. When ab does 14k sheet dps and fb does almost 17k thats approx a 40% spell damage increase...
The haste was mistakenly placed due to doing it from memory so you can replace it with something such as herald of ice/thunder or purity of fire whatever you prefer.. Also I added purity of elements incase of not having the good resistance heavy gear to be able to do things such as ele weakness maps.. if you want to add alchemist to the tree you can easily which is no problem (you don't really use 100% uptime on rf anyway) Also if you look i took reserve nodes for all the auras and you wouldn't even use as much life if you used vitality and 0/20 whirling blades which is a main issue due to the heavy mana/life cost. (20/20 Because yeah the damage from whirling blades is clearly op...) And as a comment on your side note did you even read the basic gmp calculations which i typed earlier?
Last edited by Littsint on Mar 23, 2015, 10:37:33 PM
And like I mentioned with the scold's. it's a survivability loss for the cost of damage. you can use a 500ish es helm with int, t1 res and accuracy.

And also I made corrections to the gem setup.
Last edited by Littsint on Mar 23, 2015, 10:28:26 PM
And also to comment on "I've mapped with him multiple times and this build is by far the most capable coc I've seen. Shatterchuck doesn't come close to its clear speed due to mobility. Spell dps will take a large hit losing both heralds so not really sure what you're getting at."

The mobility is practically nothing most of the time due to obstacles blocking the whirling blades and desync being a major issue you might aswell just use
Last edited by Littsint on Mar 23, 2015, 10:35:21 PM
"

I personally think the "hits can't be evaded" on dagger is just a huge stat waste. you might aswell get something such as accuracy on your gear instead seeing as though most high end / mirrored es gear has it anyway , also when you skip the hits can't be evaded dagger you can buy a dagger such as pandenomium etcher which has quite a bit more damage than the current on ming is using.

I beg to differ, having tried both daggers, and despite the price tags, I would much rather the "Hits can't be Evaded" dagger. Whether or not you have +accuracy on every single piece of gear, it is nowhere near comparable to that of the Vagan dagger.

The build is based on Cast on Crit, therefore the main objective is to have the highest proc rate possible, hence the Vagan dagger.
IGN: TaylorSwiftVEVO
"
PeakingDuck wrote:
"

I personally think the "hits can't be evaded" on dagger is just a huge stat waste. you might aswell get something such as accuracy on your gear instead seeing as though most high end / mirrored es gear has it anyway , also when you skip the hits can't be evaded dagger you can buy a dagger such as pandenomium etcher which has quite a bit more damage than the current on ming is using.

I beg to differ, having tried both daggers, and despite the price tags, I would much rather the "Hits can't be Evaded" dagger. Whether or not you have +accuracy on every single piece of gear, it is nowhere near comparable to that of the Vagan dagger.

The build is based on Cast on Crit, therefore the main objective is to have the highest proc rate possible, hence the Vagan dagger.

Well for a start test the difference between around 90% hit chance and the hits can't be evaded dagger. And second of all if you're going for the highest proc rate why are you using spec throw as a proc ability in the first place? something such as barrage makes much more sense..
"
PeakingDuck wrote:
"

No point in trying. He simply doesn't understand what he's talking about. He literally proved the validity of the dps increase by explaining how gmp/lmp works multiplicatively with the base dps of the spell but still hasn't realized it
For the GMP vs LMP, you're assuming you're going to hit with all 5 projectiles. Miss with 1 of them and you're not going to do more damage. It's also about what feels better. When you're standing at a distance throwing out STs before Atziri/clones spawn, LMP is just more comfortable to use. But that's just my opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info