Mapping feels like swimming in a dumpster

Sign me up on your quests.
I miss those days of party mapping. Only time I really had much RNG.

But yes, timely post for 1.4 filter out white and other stuff you don't want to see.

Many games have had it.

Leave Z as it is, but now J is only currency and uniques, L is Loot includes rares, uniques, currency, no whites or blues.

Last edited by raziekeljr on Mar 3, 2015, 11:31:47 AM
Agree on this one, we need a filter. It got a bit better though, remember when we had all shared drops and IQ gem :D That was so frustrating.

But srsly, how would someone notice magic fishing rod when doing corrupted map? I have programmed myself to filter all white Occultists and Prophecy Wands, but it would be much better to just select items I want to see. I don't really care about bunch of blue leather caps and 2 handed swords...

Oh, and toggling on/off highlighted items after a longer battle is a smart idea, it shrinks all the text so it is better aligned.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Grim Dawn has had this "feature" (which really is more of a staple in an RPG where loot is such a huge part of the game) very early on in its development.

As much as I love this game and playing it, stuff like this really boggles my mind. YEARS and this still isn't implemented into the game.. I just don't get it.

I really hope 1.4 will bring this as higher level maps with high iiq not only gets ridiculous with junk strewn all over the ground, it impacts framerate due to having to draw it all.

Come on GGG, get it together guys!
Seriously, Trash loot in this game is SOOOOO annoying! I dont mind low drop rates on good items as long as i can be aware of them when they actually drop, Im just wondering how much good stuff did i miss so far just because im to lazy to filter all the trash manually.

Come on GGG give me some option to at least hide all white items
This is one of the things that Marvel Heroes actually got right compared to most other ARPGs. The Loot Vacuum that lets you just destroy junk loot at a press of a button.
Not really I was looking for a ilvl 79 imbued wand to make some CoC wand took me 5 courtyards to find one.

Thats why so much shit drops BTW.

But yes loot filter would be nice.

I only want to see
white jewelry
maps
currency
gems
rares
uniques
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 3, 2015, 1:51:52 PM
"
b15h09 wrote:
Ideally, I'd want them to reduce drop rates by 90%, and tighten the affix pool so that the rares that drop have affixes that are actually appropriate for the level they're found in. Like, ilvl60+ will never roll below T4, ilvl 70+ will never roll below T3. Might actually be fun to find a rare if it wasn't nearly guaranteed to be vender trash every fucking time.

Still, a loot filter would be a nice band-aid to this horrible design.

Fuck no, doing that would take the fun out of the RNG aspect. The fun in PoE is the struggle. I don't want to end up with another ARPG that spoon-feeds me upgrades

Also yes, a loot filter would be nice.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
CabooseDog wrote:
"
B0ombar wrote:

Why is there not an option to simply select stuff u want to see and all other junk is simply hidden?

+1 for implementing a loot filter as QoL

+100
"
GooberM wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
Ideally, I'd want them to reduce drop rates by 90%, and tighten the affix pool so that the rares that drop have affixes that are actually appropriate for the level they're found in. Like, ilvl60+ will never roll below T4, ilvl 70+ will never roll below T3. Might actually be fun to find a rare if it wasn't nearly guaranteed to be vender trash every fucking time.

Still, a loot filter would be a nice band-aid to this horrible design.

Fuck no, doing that would take the fun out of the RNG aspect. The fun in PoE is the struggle. I don't want to end up with another ARPG that spoon-feeds me upgrades

Also yes, a loot filter would be nice.

I don't think getting 10% the current loot, but that was only rolling half the affix tiers, would qualify as spoon feeding. Rolls are weighted against T1 anyway, so it would just mean that the gear you're finding at lvl 60 has a better shot of being level appropriate, even though you're finding vastly fewer things.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
its funny but this exactly why the iiq gem, and the iiq mod were removed, this is also why party bonus went from 50% quantity to 30% quantity / 20 rarity and this is why iiq uniques were shafted.

that being said there is simply too much worthless crap. and you know what ( yes i get to say this again after so many years)

ALL OF THIS GOD DAMN CRAP WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED WITH GOD DAMN INSTANCE LOOT GOD DAMN IT GGG!

but nooo some group of ignorant fools wanted this retarded thing called loot tension , this is the fruit of their philosophy . dumpster drop threads and my smug self satisfaction.

150% quantity maps are insane but manageable solo. group play makes it a nightmare.

man that was fun.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 3, 2015, 2:32:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info