Mapping feels like swimming in a dumpster

+1

A highly customizable loot filter would increase the fun i can have in this game by a LOT. Generally i do feel that GGG focuses too much on more or less meaningless content (like new skill gems or uniques) and disregards stuff that'd make the existing content more enjoyable. Stuff like:

- loot filters
- proper tutorials for beginners and/or generally more stuff that makes it easier to pick up the game
- auto sort for inventory and stash
- finally a trade system so you can trade ingame and organize your own trading efforts without 3rd party programs
- "Use whole stack", for Scraps for example so you max out quality, would also lessen the cries about link RNG.
- Button you can hold down so you crop items under your cursor from your inventory, and one button to indentiy all items in your inventory as long as you have sufficient scrolls... PLEASE

The search option for the stash already was HUGE and made the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

Making it hard for the player to organize themselves really takes away a lot of the fun in the game. I've stopped playing the game until Act4 for exactly this reason - i just can't stand dealing with all this nonsensical micro: run around to pick up stuff, sort it in my inventory, identify it one by one, sell it one by one, get rid of the orbs i got from the vendor one by one, if i find something i wanna sell set it up with Procurement, meanwhile manage my online status so people even try to trade with me ... and so on. Fuck, it's so insanely bad and annoying, if the game itself wasn't so enjoyable i'd have stopped playing a long time for this shitty, nonsensical and user-punishing micromanagement.
Because dem game been created with the idea you vendor those trash to get alt, then transform those alts into Jewelers, etc etc...

I agree we should be able to filter whites, but blues and yellow are usefull to vendor to get orbs.

Forum pvp
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Mar 4, 2015, 5:24:54 PM

"
1) If you think rares are better than magic items you're doing it wrong.
2) There's already an option to see only the rares and orbs dropping.
3) This thread has been posted a million times in these forums
[/quote]

Loot filter that is currently in game is worthless junk. It doesn't work when you play in group that doesn't have FFA loot rules. IF you play a build with nice clear speed you have to turn it off otherwise you will lose stuff. Did i mention its completely unreliable?

This kind of thread should be posted a million more times until they get sick of us and finally implement some of highly needed quality of life improvements such as simple loot filter that i think even a monkey could program.
I don't consider this a big issue, I've gotten use to seeing and wading through the trash pretty quickly.. solo, 6man, all maps, doesnt matter. If you have difficulty doing this fast, take a few extra minutes to double check, is that so hard and demanding?

Im no MFer but even for MFers I think this is even more appropriate, to have just a wee bit more work and downside to having jacked up iiq and iir. Suck it up and get use to sifting thru more trash it if youre going to be a treasure hunter.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Simply reduce the quantity of items, nobody cares about psychological hooks like *loot pinjata explosions*. Everybody wants less quantity, more quality.

Playing in a party with more members should increase the quality/rarity of drops, never the quantity.
The screen should stay as clear as possible at all times.

For example, clearing a screen full with ~30 monsters in a full party should on average drop 1 rare, 3 blues and 3 orbs, this way everyone gets something, random turn taking loot assignment is working, all being fair and nice, and no clutter blinding the screen with 100+ loot tags.

White trash could also be compressed on the spot into shards/orbs/fragments which one would get from a vendor. Let's face it, nobody picks up whites. If you really need something to alch/chance you find it at a vendor and buy it. Also, blues are equally worthless.

The only thing worth picking up is rares for alt orbs,
6sockets for Jewelers and rainbow links for cromes. Everything else, loot spam trash.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Mar 4, 2015, 5:24:34 PM
"
"
B0ombar wrote:

Loot filter that is currently in game is worthless junk. It doesn't work when you play in group that doesn't have FFA loot rules. IF you play a build with nice clear speed you have to turn it off otherwise you will lose stuff. Did i mention its completely unreliable?

This kind of thread should be posted a million more times until they get sick of us and finally implement some of highly needed quality of life improvements such as simple loot filter that i think even a monkey could program.

If a monkey could program it, why haven't you programmed it already for them?

Maybe if ggg decides to give me a job i would
"
b15h09 wrote:
Ideally, I'd want them to reduce drop rates by 90%, and tighten the affix pool so that the rares that drop have affixes that are actually appropriate for the level they're found in. Like, ilvl60+ will never roll below T4, ilvl 70+ will never roll below T3. Might actually be fun to find a rare if it wasn't nearly guaranteed to be vender trash every fucking time.

Still, a loot filter would be a nice band-aid to this horrible design.

Wait, loot and affix tiers? In a hardcore ARPG? Who would think of such a thing? don't be ridiculous man. I know you love getting that +1 mana on kill on an item from an insane 70+ map boss, as much as I do.
Not to mention all those juicy 1-socket whites with the Act 1 Normal item base. Such fun. Much lootz.

GGG are brilliant in designing such a system.
Really, they are. It would take other groups of trolls years of practice, to reach such high standards.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
The Dark Side of Loot Design says "pick three items randomly from the following list, then add them together."

The Light Side of Loot Design says "pick three items randomly from the following list, then add them together."
apple
banana
cherries
grapes
orange
peach
pear
plum
strawberry
watermelon

Sometimes game designers are best off using the Dark Side for certain situations (it is the pathway to many abilities, etc). But relying on it exclusively is just... wrong. It might be used, but never should be where the emphasis is.

If you say you hate RNG, if you say you want less of it in your loot, you are a fool. Most likely, you have forgotten what randomness is actually supposed to look like.

In some slots, yellow items are straight Sith in Path of Exile.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 5, 2015, 1:26:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info