6 Linking

It takes like 1-2 months of play just farming rares from piety/dom to save the ~20-40 exalts needed to buy good 6L items. And that's considering very average playtime (couple hours a day avg) and mediocre MF gear. With high playtime and good MF gear you can do it in 1-2 weeks.

I don't think this needs to be changed.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
math, etc.. ^_^

I've done all that in Torment SF (self found) and got my 6L vorici in two months. Yes, with steady daily play, but nothing too exaggerated.

1500 is high because in PoE you are supposed to trade

Other points:

* getting masters to lvl 6 is now a breeze
* you need 64 jews per day to get 20 fus from vorici, how you got them is not important (drops, Elro', vendor...)
* if you are smart, your first SF 5L in league is a white chest == easy to link (if you are smarter, you trade, ofc)
* 2 months is an estimate which takes drops into account, if you are just doing the vorici deal it takes more.

E:
* you dont need (legacy) IIQ gear

Trading =/= being an orb tycoon, which is what it takes to get 1500 fusings in any sane amount of time.

took me 4 months to get 150 (not accounting for incidental and daily use) for a 5 link which I needed.
I play fairly consistantly. I've got over 1200 hours logged. I don't think I have 1000 fusings in all my standard tabs if I tallied them all up after 2 years of play.

If you had counted your jews and alts you'd probably had that many.

Also 150 fuses is only ~3-4ex, which is acceptable, not to mention 5 link "crappy" rares are 10c or less typically.

I don't have an issue with you demon.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Mar 4, 2015, 1:51:53 PM
"
TikoXi wrote:
took me 4 months to get 150 (not accounting for incidental and daily use) for a 5 link which I needed.
I play fairly consistantly. I've got over 1200 hours logged. I don't think I have 1000 fusings in all my standard tabs if I tallied them all up after 2 years of play.

Then you are doing something wrong.

Since Rampage (were I played quite a lot, say 4 - 5 hrs per day on average), I've afforded myself 1x 6L at Vorici, 1x 6L by accident and 10+ 5Ls in Rampage alone and currently have about 2k fuses laying around in Standard (+ around 300 in Torment). The vast majority of these fuse are from Vorici daily deal & self-found (I think I've sold 1 Andvarius for fuse in Rampage). The total amount of gameplay involving this (pure) fuse amount is say 600hrs, rounded up.

With the addition of masters, fuse pile up "quite fast" if you are not squandering them left & right. I tend to hoard orbs as much as possible, often playing with sub-par gear, just to save orbs for the right thing.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
150 fusings in 4 months? lmao wtf have you been doing even a casual can do better then that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Another thing that pervades these "tone it down a touch" threads, is the sense of scale gets way out of whack. If you use a standard 1-10 rating for things, the difficulty of getting a 6L is at 10 right now. People asking for it to be brought down to 8 or 9 isn't going to crash the economy or ruin anything about the game overall. It just makes them a little more accessible. That would probably be more healthy for the game. However, some people (like Goetzjam) freak out any time someone wants things to be even the slightest bit easier, and exaggerate the outcome, claiming people want the difficulty to be 0 or 1 when that isn't the case at all. If someone is opposed to bringing it down just a notch or two, that's fine, but at least provide an honest explanation that isn't just knee-jerk overreaction.

You know guys, we have these test leagues called challenge leagues and generally the new content in them is not simultaneously added to the main game, the standard league. Why not test it in a new challenge league, dropping the crafted rng rate of a 6-link to, maybe, 800-1000 fusings with 50% better chance if full quality of 20%.

If some of you are so concerned about the economy, imo, it's pretty ridiculous right now. Since the Masters patch, Alts pretty much sell for 10:1c, where they used to sell for 14-20:1c.

By Chris saying that a 6-link is an end-game item, is he assuming that an end-game player has saved up 30-40 exalts worth of currency; then less than "some ridiculously low percentage of players are in this category. (I'm not talking about all the players playing Torment but only ones over level 85 -- the 15,000 or so on the ladder.) Thus an end-game player would be defined by how much currency he has amassed. Moreover, why would a player ever save up 1500 fusings to buy a 6-link from Vorici, let alone ever craft one, when he can buy one through PoE.xyz. Also, once a 6-link (white) is crafted or bought via Vorici, there will be much more exalt-value currency to be spent making the final product. However, once you have the 6-link and you want to craft it, your currency can be used in dribs and drabs until you get a decent/great piece of equipment that you can be proud of that you crafted/made.

So, if we use the definition of end-game player as "how much currency" a character has amassed and not level, then: Is the end-game content only available to those fucking lucky-type bastards who got the +25-exalt-item drops?

OR, do you want to make it available to the normal guy who has stood by your game and is not so lucky; but he has persevered and stuck by you, GGG, and played your game and reached a reasonable level to be able to attempt successfully your end-game content?

"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Even with useless vorici (you can buy same chest for 1/4 of its price in poe.xyz) i agree that its not good

-use 1-7.000fusings to get a 6L
-use vorici price
-use poe.xyz to get it 99% of the time cheaper than lucky fusings (not even talking about scammer vorici)

6L is required for your end-game maps (by GGG). If you think im wrong i would like you to PM me and we can play end-game maps (all are corrupted) and i will eat my words
"
sanleon wrote:
6L is required for your end-game maps (by GGG)

Sorry, but there are a number of builds which don't require a 6L to do GG content. My mjolner build, for example (Rainbownuke variant) doesn't need a 6L at all. All you need is a 4L and all content in the game is doable.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
Even with useless vorici (you can buy same chest for 1/4 of its price in poe.xyz) i agree that its not good

-use 1-7.000fusings to get a 6L
-use vorici price
-use poe.xyz to get it 99% of the time cheaper than lucky fusings (not even talking about scammer vorici)

This is exactly the kind of shit I was talking about earlier, GGG made it easier by giving a guarenteed 6 link option and people dismiss it because "lol its just cheaper to buy one" Thats fine in my book, if the market demanded more 6 links the price would be much closer to the actual crafting cost, but it doesn't because 6 links are in no way required to do endgame maps.

"
6L is required for your end-game maps (by GGG). If you think im wrong i would like you to PM me and we can play end-game maps (all are corrupted) and i will eat my words

This statement requires proof from you. I am going to call you out on this right here, right now. The amount of players that have 6 links compared to 5 is very low, as it should be because 5 links are suitable for most builds.

First of all corrupted maps are optional, running maps with difficult mods are optional, its been proven time and time again that having a super high quantity map that is difficult won't guarantee you returns so the choice to run them is purely based on your desire to do that map.

Secondly my build don't require a 6 link or 5 link, of course you'll probably call it cheating because of the mechanics it uses, but technically it doesn't need a 6 link.

Spoiler

Talk about 6 linking being a difficult as a 10 now, what does that make the previous version a 12 or more? This whole discussion is a prime example of players that get something always want more.

"
OR, do you want to make it available to the normal guy who has stood by your game and is not so lucky; but he has persevered and stuck by you, GGG, and played your game and reached a reasonable level to be able to attempt successfully your end-game content?

I've never had a high value item drop for me. (nothing more then 8ex) Ive only ever 6 linked 1 item (koams axe) and that was by accident.

Are you suggesting that because you've played the game for this or that long you should get a free 6 link. Let me reiterate the fact 6 links aren't required.

FeelsBadMan

Vorici recipe is really easy right.

After 1056 hours played I have managed to collect a total of 490 fuses. I cannot use vorici fusing deal everyday since I just don't get enough excess jewellers/day.

Everyone that complains this game being too easy should play it solo self-found and see the light.

1 more year to go for my first 6l.
"
Vorici recipe is really easy right.

After 1056 hours played I have managed to collect a total of 490 fuses. I cannot use vorici fusing deal everyday since I just don't get enough excess jewellers/day.

Everyone that complains this game being too easy should play it solo self-found and see the light.

1 more year to go for my first 6l.

What about alts and jews?

Your twisting the scenario to hint towards the only way of 6 linking is by just finding fuses, no you can actually actively do stuff to get them.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info