Elemental Proliferation is fine.

I am not advocating an end to double-dipping. Noop, noop, noop. I'm just pointing out that burn builds are just that, burn builds, and Prolif is their "LMP." Thus it needs a burning damage nerf.

I want shock and freeze buffed (or should I say, unnerfed). But that won't happen in a world of OP Prolif. Nerfing prolif (in terms of freeze) gives room to buff (base/non-Prolif) freeze, with a net effect of no/little change on prolif freeze.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 6, 2015, 3:33:53 PM
I think I see the full context of what you are trying to suggest. My question to you is why burn should be nerfed rather than simply buffing shock/freeze?

If power creep is the problem, there are many things in the game that would have to be addressed before Prolif. The game itself has experienced difficulty creep along side that power creep, and we have a new act about to come out. This is purely speculation, but I predict difficulty creep to expand even further through higher level enemies with stronger attacks and new mechanics/spells to deal with. It might be the wrong time to call for nerfs/buffs to anything until we see how the new act plays.
"
I think I see the full context of what you are trying to suggest. My question to you is why burn should be nerfed rather than simply buffing shock/freeze?

If power creep is the problem, there are many things in the game that would have to be addressed before Prolif. The game itself has experienced difficulty creep along side that power creep, and we have a new act about to come out. This is purely speculation, but I predict difficulty creep to expand even further through higher level enemies with stronger attacks and new mechanics/spells to deal with. It might be the wrong time to call for nerfs/buffs to anything until we see how the new act plays.

Exactly. Upcoming content is one of the major reasons I don't think it's possible for us to assess how big of a problem power creep is at the moment.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Game is MUCH easier now than in early open beta

Gearing is easier. Mobs are weaker. Skills are better. Mana is waaay easier to manage. Mobs resists went down. Etc

There is no difficulty creep. If anything the game is one click fest with full auto management. Trigger gems alone made substantial difference.

Yeah, higher level and unique maps, Atziri, Hall of Grandmasters, etc are all easier content than before they existed, right?

You can exaggerate your claims, but it only removes the credibility of them. Yes, some things are easier, but some are harder, and we can expect more when the new act comes out. I will be surprised if it doesn't provide that.

Just because a game is hard, doesn't mean it's fun. Look at the early life of D3. Inferno was near impossible for most players, and people bitched their brains out over it. Now the game is guilty of the opposite extreme--any half-monkey neanderthal with stump hands can beat it--but it's more fun. I do NOT want PoE to become that easy, but GGG has realized that a certain level of difficulty is healthy, but too much is not. I find that certain aspects could stand to be just a little easier still, but the rest of the game is fine or could even stand to be a little more challenging (like Cruel).

Another aspect of the "power creep" issue is that even if nothing changed, players would have figured out the most efficient ways to build characters and clear content. The content didn't actually get easier, but the player strength relative to it has increased. This is an important note to keep in the back of your mind when discussing it. When new content comes out, the opposite happens for awhile, until people figure it all out.

My point is that your post appears dishonest at best, and outright false at worst. Just be honest.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Was increased from 12 to 14 in 0.11.0b

Yeah I was reading on that, his post that is linked was from April it later got increased by:

Increased Melee Splash radius by 17%.

In that patch which was in June.

EDIT: fixed the wiki entry.

Saw you made a link in your signature with 20 min gameplay without desync. You know you could play 200 mins without it and more but you will be fucked by desync anyway and next time it can be after 2 mins
"
Dudoo wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Was increased from 12 to 14 in 0.11.0b

Yeah I was reading on that, his post that is linked was from April it later got increased by:

Increased Melee Splash radius by 17%.

In that patch which was in June.

EDIT: fixed the wiki entry.

Saw you made a link in your signature with 20 min gameplay without desync. You know you could play 200 mins without it and more but you will be fucked by desync anyway and next time it can be after 2 mins

This isn't the right forum to discuss it, if you have comments feel free to PM me. That was added to my signature as a counter to a request I had saying that desync has no effect on my gameplay. According to the people in the thread there was no way I could play without desync (i guess because they always have issues)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
sidtherat wrote:

Gearing is easier. Mobs are weaker. Skills are better. Mana is waaay easier to manage. Mobs resists went down. Etc

There is no difficulty creep. If anything the game is one click fest with full auto management. Trigger gems alone made substantial difference.

Yes, the game is much easier now because I am not a noob to the mechanics back in the closed beta/early Open Beta days.

Gearing is easier because of Forsaken Masters expansion......and the economy being much stable (inflation) for a good portion of the items. I still remember Lioneye's Glare was worth about 20ex+ back in early OB.

Mobs are weaker........back then, no devourers, no arctic breath leaping frogs, no giant skelly/giant fallens, and no undying evangelist.

Skills are better.......well, there are more skills that are viable now. ;)

Mana is way easier to manage because of the addition of reduced mana cost, and more mana across the tree.

Mobs resists went down because it was physical damage or gtfo back in the days.

Trigger gems are pretty much the answer to combating against desync. /sarcasm
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Yes, the game is much easier now because I am not a noob to the mechanics back in the closed beta/early Open Beta days.

Gearing is easier because of Forsaken Masters expansion......and the economy being much stable (inflation) for a good portion of the items. I still remember Lioneye's Glare was worth about 20ex+ back in early OB.

Mobs are weaker........back then, no devourers, no arctic breath leaping frogs, no giant skelly/giant fallens, and no undying evangelist.

Skills are better.......well, there are more skills that are viable now. ;)

Mana is way easier to manage because of the addition of reduced mana cost, and more mana across the tree.

Mobs resists went down because it was physical damage or gtfo back in the days.

Trigger gems are pretty much the answer to combating against desync. /sarcasm

Mob damage was also nerfed twice, and mana cost on skills was reduced.
"
Telzen wrote:

Mob damage was also nerfed twice, and mana cost on skills was reduced.

I think I mentioned about mana cost (was kinda vague on that) which included the skills as well on the of the reduced mana cost nodes.

As for mob damage getting nerfed twice along. Yea, imagine if they never nerfed them (taking into consideration with strongboxes, shrines, nemesis, and even bloodlines......GG), devourers will be so OP (probably the rest of the act3X mobs), and Uber Atziri would be.............

Edit: Getting triple shocked was very common back in the days, and that got removed too from both the mobs and the player side.

Of course, back then, it was also possible to have 85+ max ele res using Saffell's Frame, the original Purity (that had max res), and Elemental Adapatation. Also, pre nerf IR made it possible to get more armor on top of Granite flask having 4k AR (was 10k in CB I think) instead of 3k AR as it is today.

Edit: I cannot forget at one point shield defense got nerfed, I remember Lioneye's Remorse used to reach 2k AR (I currently have 1470 AR on the shield with 242% AR), and with defense on gears going from additive to multiplicative, a lot of ES and defense was removed. On top of that acro got another nerf along with block chance on shields being nerfed across all boards along with the tree.

More or less.......meh.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 7, 2015, 12:36:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info