What is the absolute CHEAPEST flicker strike build?

Flipper Strike Build ! cappa
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"
BottomKek wrote:
"
What is says. Use Flicker Strike, don't trade.

That would be the absolute cheapest flicker strike build.

Makes sense to me.

You didn't specify whether or not it involved trading, an established 'cookie cutter' build or anything.

BackwoodsS' response is perfect.

Also, 'wondering', 'not 'wandering'.

If you couldn't get what I'm saying than you have some serious problems.
It was a smartass post, that's all.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass. Just reminding people that you can use pretty much any skill succesfully either self found or with very little investment. it is a shame imo if inexperienced players think endgame is gated by trading.

The end game isn't gated by trading but most interesting builds require at least a little bit of trading. If you want to go self found you can't rely on being able to anything more complicated than a generic attacker or spellcaster.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Mar 1, 2015, 8:09:56 PM
my shitty 4L 15C facebreaker toon is better than an oros 6-8ex oros flicker build.

I want to believe too, I love oro's flicker, but like I said its not viable.

2hand = no block / low defense

elemental damage only = low damage / hard to life steal

The belt is mandatory
Last edited by visualize on Mar 1, 2015, 9:30:42 PM
Well, my 2h mace flicker build legit cost nothing in terms of trading for gear (i found a Blood Dance early in the league, it would have cost me about 1-2c had I not found it myself, rest of my gear is self-found. I did trade for gems though.). But, i haven't killed Atziri with it. I can handle double palace turbo boss, but Atziri's just a bit too tough for me to handle at lvl 85 without the benefits of ES/phase acro/spell block/+max resists from shields/surgeon's flasks. It's too bad 2handed RT+armor users aren't allowed to have any effective health multipliers or infinite flasks... I'm sure there's gotta be something that makes up for the massive disadvantages of using 2handers, but try as I might I just can't seem to find any (besides the whole 'playing them because i enjoy the style' factor).

That being said, my build's not a pure Flicker build, I also use ST and a stunlocking Frenzy... using more skills and strategy to cover more situations helps make up for the the weaker gear.

Last edited by Shppy on Mar 1, 2015, 10:18:59 PM
This is a fun build not meant to compete with traditional crit flicker build...

For people thats curious about the numbers

My variation self buffed no curse has a 3100 damage per use on flicker (with melee splash). 0.18s per attack which is 17222 splash dps which isnt too bad for a budget build.

I can do all maps up to 78 with little issue (with the exception to immune to curse mod due to my setup relying on warlord's to mana leech). I tried to use it to run atziri but had issues with trios due to how flicker functions so I had to switch to ST to beat them. Again on Atziri I had to use ST as well due to how the encounter goes. So the spec IS atziri viable but you would have to gem swap to ST... I run this spec with a +1 gem tabula which is just a simple gem swap.

But this build isnt easy to play on atziri due to low dps on ST, definitely not a faceroll cookie cutter build that people call "viable" nowdays.

Lastly this is a "fun" PERMA FLICKER build... for people who want to have a cheap build that wants to experience flicker without having to depend on stuff like blood rage... so comparing your run for the mill cookie cutter melee build to it is worthless... because your melee builds thats so awesome... doesnt spam flicker 7 times a second... indefinitely... anytime all the time... you dont even need to score a kill to flicker spam...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 1, 2015, 10:20:29 PM
"
BottomKek wrote:
Title says it all, I'm genuinely wandering

You cannot use fkicker with a wand only melee weapons
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
"
BottomKek wrote:
Title says it all, I'm genuinely wandering

You cannot use fkicker with a wand only melee weapons

ba-dum-pah

(comedic drum effect)
"
Pewzor wrote:
This is a fun build not meant to compete with traditional crit flicker build...

For people thats curious about the numbers

My variation self buffed no curse has a 3100 damage per use on flicker (with melee splash). 0.18s per attack which is 17222 splash dps which isnt too bad for a budget build.

I can do all maps up to 78 with little issue (with the exception to immune to curse mod due to my setup relying on warlord's to mana leech). I tried to use it to run atziri but had issues with trios due to how flicker functions so I had to switch to ST to beat them. Again on Atziri I had to use ST as well due to how the encounter goes. So the spec IS atziri viable but you would have to gem swap to ST... I run this spec with a +1 gem tabula which is just a simple gem swap.

But this build isnt easy to play on atziri due to low dps on ST, definitely not a faceroll cookie cutter build that people call "viable" nowdays.

Lastly this is a "fun" PERMA FLICKER build... for people who want to have a cheap build that wants to experience flicker without having to depend on stuff like blood rage... so comparing your run for the mill cookie cutter melee build to it is worthless... because your melee builds thats so awesome... doesnt spam flicker 7 times a second... indefinitely... anytime all the time... you dont even need to score a kill to flicker spam...

You're not considering mob defenses there, are ya?

Also you seem to have a huge issue with being conceived as 'non-snowflake'. You should calm down with that, especially if you aren't using a build you've constructed entirely by yourself.

EDIT: As for the thread topic, self-found Flicker Strike is possible. Just build around a weapon and come up with a way to sustain frenzy charges.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Mar 2, 2015, 5:19:11 AM
Perma Flicker?

not using Oro's or Terminus Est, you can rely on Blood Rage and Poacher's Mark. Blood Dance adds to that, giving you a chance to get 3 frenzies per kill.

All you really need is to be able to kill a mob in three flicker attacks. Frenzy skill when you run out when you go 1v1 versus things with high health.

if you really want to save currency, you could focus on Heralds, Wrath and Anger.

Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1203310

Might seem smug ppsting my own build , but its cheap hits like a truck and its tanky. It also farms very , very fast. Have not tried atziri with her though.

Broke the 50k DPS barrier at 2 ex invested and broke the 100k DPS mark with 7 ex invested. It'll prob do 200k DPS at the 100ex investment mark. Oh and im running a 5 link. I'm poor :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info