What is the absolute CHEAPEST flicker strike build?

"
What is says. Use Flicker Strike, don't trade.

That would be the absolute cheapest flicker strike build.

Makes sense to me.

You didn't specify whether or not it involved trading, an established 'cookie cutter' build or anything.

BackwoodsS' response is perfect.

Also, 'wondering', 'not 'wandering'.

If you couldn't get what I'm saying than you have some serious problems.
It was a smartass post, that's all.
Last edited by BottomKek on Feb 28, 2015, 11:33:52 PM
Oro's flicker doesnt work, damage and survivability not viable.
"
visualize wrote:

U doin it ronk.
"
No, it was an honest one. If you want help, try to be less abrasive in future. Cheers.

I also did not understand what you were trying to say in your reply...and maybe I missed something, but I didn't think the poster you were replying to was being abrasive.

I say this as someone who generally enjoys your posts

Last edited by Xaxarius on Mar 1, 2015, 12:26:37 PM
Hey Op

as others have mentioned, Oro's will allow you to play flicker strike indefinitely. I've actually been playing that build for the last week or so, and it's a blast. Search in the templar forums here, there's a thread called something like Oro's flicker fun.

I find the build VERY FUN, especially with a newer Oro's sword (make sure you get one with the new 10% damage, not the 20% old one). You can't really play it until higher levels due to the item level requirements. I've played level 76 maps with it. I could try out higher levels soon. Some bosses will be a challenge as this is a melee build.

Desync is an issue. Not a HC build. Also, you have to back track a lot to pick up loot and I'm somewhat scared I'm going to miss that Mirror of Kalandra that drops someday :)

Here's my gear if you are interested

Spoiler

Passive tree:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecEswYOCfYNzRJpFE0WbxccFy8YXRiRGjgczh0UIbAirySLJy8n7SqNK1AyiTWSNtg26DhTOlg9D0bXSRtKmFWpVdZXDVfiWK9Z82P9ZOdmnmjyagFxeXGFcql2rHbnd-V4DXrmfLt82YCkggeCm4cpi4yPRpBVkc6UXJe0mjuboZ2uns2iAKcIpzCpbqyYrKqtja3xsUK18ryfwBrAZsT2zGbPftIh1HzYvdlh2rnhc-Nq6hjsOOxV7SDwH_Fs8kH3MvfX-d360vxL_gr-VA==

EDIT: wanted to add that using life leech instead of the increased burning damage is an option if you don't have the belt. I have found that the belt works fine for leech and I tried adding the gem on top of it and it doesn't really seem to even be that much (if at all) better.

I was using herald of ash, but switched to determination to add some survivability and the clear speed seems about the same now as when I was running HoA. Grace might be better, just too lazy to chrome and try right now.
Last edited by Xaxarius on Mar 1, 2015, 12:51:21 PM
LOL how is that a cheap build? its trash for how much it costs to barely make it "OK".

"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
"
visualize wrote:

U doin it ronk.

Show me yours. I'll show you mine, so whats your dps again? Lol.
Last edited by visualize on Mar 1, 2015, 5:39:23 PM
"
visualize wrote:
LOL how is that a cheap build? its trash for how much it costs to barely make it "OK".

"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
"
visualize wrote:

U doin it ronk.

Show me yours. I'll show you mine, so whats your dps again? Lol.

I assume you are addressing my toon?

Helm is optional and cheap (like 1ex)
sword is cheap (mine was 6 chaos)
belt is the most expensive thing, I think I paid 4ex for it like 4 months ago, and it's optional like I said
gloves are shit, probably like 10chaos
Boots are like what, 5 chaos?
moku;s is cheap, like what, 10c? (I found mine)
ammy and other ring are shit, everyone has shit like that on standard
chest is shit, I got very lucky with the link last night (made a thread about it) but other wise the chest is shit

a 5 link oro's is all you need.

gems are up to you if you have them leveled or not

so my build (assuming no 6L chest and no beltn helm is optional too) costs like 3-5ex ballpark estimate. And that's being generous imo.

It's probably a shit build to someone who has RMT mirror shit or someone who follows someone else's BotW meta crap. I've played a few other melee builds, and this one is just as prone to all the same melee deficits. but it's fun overall imo.

OP asked for a cheap build, I think 3-5ex on standard is cheap. End of story.

Last edited by Xaxarius on Mar 1, 2015, 5:59:17 PM
"
Xaxarius wrote:

It's probably a shit build to someone who has RMT mirror shit or someone who follows someone else's BotW meta crap.

Just get used to it, any build that can't no-brain Atziri, is deemed "not viable" by cookie-cutter riders.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xaxarius wrote:

It's probably a shit build to someone who has RMT mirror shit or someone who follows someone else's BotW meta crap.

Just get used to it, any build that can't no-brain Atziri, is deemed "not viable" by cookie-cutter riders.

i play by myself, i don;t really care about the rich kids, I just wanted to help the OP out with some ideas. If my stuff is too pricey, most of it is optional.
"
BottomKek wrote:
"
What is says. Use Flicker Strike, don't trade.

That would be the absolute cheapest flicker strike build.

Makes sense to me.

You didn't specify whether or not it involved trading, an established 'cookie cutter' build or anything.

BackwoodsS' response is perfect.

Also, 'wondering', 'not 'wandering'.

If you couldn't get what I'm saying than you have some serious problems.
It was a smartass post, that's all.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass. Just reminding people that you can use pretty much any skill succesfully either self found or with very little investment. it is a shame imo if inexperienced players think endgame is gated by trading.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Mar 1, 2015, 7:19:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info