http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
"
"
Garr0t wrote:
I found it really interesting to watch someone start playing PoE cold.

Plenty of videos out there already for that.

Hell, I sometimes pretend I'm starting cold. It's an interesting exercise in reclaiming whatever magic it was that drew us here to begin with. It's certainly not impossible. Just takes some willpower.

I'll never forget my first memories of this game. Fighting every single monster in Twilight Strand before killing Hillock. Trying to kill all the monsters in every zone. First time seeing Brutus and being like how am I gonna kill this fker. Finally beating Merveil after many attempts and coming out into a new zone with a cool forest and monkeys. Doing all the quests in every side zone. First time I join a party and I meet Vaal. Saying lots of funny things in party chat. First time I ever saw anyone get a chaos drop and was so amazed and how I thought they were so lucky and cool.

There are so many little things that I experienced as a new player that I always try to remember and not forget, really keeps me enjoying the game, all the small but not insignificant memories I've made playing. Looking back, I have a laugh about many of these memories, but I really hold them dear, they are some of the best memories I have playing any game at all.

well said, +1 to that
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:
Actually pretty fun to watch.

Also shows some of the UI problems even experienced ARPG players have when first time playing, like he still hasn't found health bars, mini map etc.

If someone isn't smart enough to check the options before playing a game I'm not gonna consider them an experienced gamer.

I dont know where this discussion is going but I ALWAYS check option before playing a game. Especially video ;)
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
He's a genuine fellow who had some real good videos at the start of D3. He helped a lot of noobs. His enthusiasm is genuine. When a vanilla D3 shit legendary would drop he'd still get hype.

He is only good for GGG. He doesn't have Kripp level followers but he has loyal ones.

I think it's always educational seeing where new players could use minor in game help opportunities in level 1-30.
He was a d3 addict for a long time even still might be. After kripp quit which was like 2 years ago he sorta took over as premier D3 streamer/youtuber. I watched a few of his vids. Mainly about economy stuff because like this game D3 was trade to play too.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
like this game D3 was trade to play too.

Which I never did understand.
D3 had a real-money auction house, where all could happily RMT while giving Activision their monies.
PoE has an auction house that's not even an official part of the game, and RMT is Banhammerable - so why all this rediculous trade-centred design? it serves no purpose for GGG, and yet it's here and they still keep doing it...

I'm confused.
and even assuming trade is there for you to see the other guy's shiny MTX - there are better ways to make players want to buy those.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

D3 had a real-money auction house, where all could happily RMT while giving Activision their monies.
PoE has an auction house that's not even an official part of the game, and RMT is Banhammerable - so why all this rediculous trade-centred design? it serves no purpose for GGG, and yet it's here and they still keep doing it...

I'm confused.
and even assuming trade is there for you to see the other guy's shiny MTX - there are better ways to make players want to buy those.

good question - i dont know but I play game as intended (trade centric) for less frustration.
Git R Dun!
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'm confused.

Because most players would quit if they made the game too hard or less fast-paced than it is now.
Last edited by glh5 on Mar 1, 2015, 3:36:41 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'm confused.

A trading system allows for more variety and choice. In D3-sryle SF you have to provide everything to everyone with a relatively high droprate or they might never complete their builds (and btw since this game doesn't have real classes, everything to everyone is a LOT of stuff). The list of theoretical "best builds" might be just as short as it is in D3 but the visible build variety is far greater because op stuff is rare and expensive, the second best thing is cheaper, and edgy builds are dirt cheap even if the items are rare. This makes people want to experiment with whatever they can afford.

It also creates "content" to some degree since ppl spend time doing it and some do enjoy it once in a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info