Skills that have to be nerfed in order to achieve a balanced game

"
Bearbarion wrote:
Jesus, what's wrong with you guys. Don't you like to have fun? I don't see a problem with any of these, and even if something actually is OP, why do you care? If it's because these skills are so much better than the skill you use yourself why don't you rather ask ggg to buff that instead, and then everyone can be happy and have fun together.

Why you would actually want a skill to become worse is totally beyond me.
I've been farming my Ass off for months just to be able to afford a mjolner and the necessary gear, and if they nerf it now, after all this toil, I'll probably quit poe alltogether.

I just want to feel like goddamn God for once! Is that too much to ask after 1000+ hours of relentless farming and bad rng?

No, usually what's going on is someone sees a build thread of a dude in his 90s with GG gear burning down some content with a skill listed in this thread. Rather than the person making the build their first impression is it must be OP. I've done or played heavily with people who have done, just about every build on that list. All builds are OP in GG gear, very few of those are remotely OP w/o.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Bearbarion wrote:
Jesus, what's wrong with you guys. Don't you like to have fun? I don't see a problem with any of these, and even if something actually is OP, why do you care? If it's because these skills are so much better than the skill you use yourself why don't you rather ask ggg to buff that instead, and then everyone can be happy and have fun together.

I've been farming my Ass off for months just to be able to afford a mjolner and the necessary gear, and if they nerf it now, after all this toil, I'll probably quit poe alltogether.

I just want to feel like goddamn God for once! Is that too much to ask after 1000+ hours of relentless farming and bad rng?

I, for one, am having fun when I'm challenged. The point of balance is to make the player have to deal with real challenge and make real choices.

If the choice is between "godmode skill that murders everything with a blink" and "tactical use skill that needs to use other skills alongside it to progress", I choose the latter. The fun is the journey, not the destination.

If I wanted to feel like a god, I'd get a pet.

---

Not all of the OP's skills are "only OP with OP gear/bias from watching high level player videos". Many are strictly better than alternatives.

Static Strike is an obvious example (compare to other melee skills).
"
pneuma wrote:
Static Strike is an obvious example (compare to other melee skills).

From playing with it, it's all hype over a new melee skill. It's just a lightning version of glacial hammer with a slower, but bigger AOE. All the non-AOE problems of splash come up, like body blocking, desync, having to actually hit a target.

Really, GS and reave are still the best melee AOEs.
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
"
pneuma wrote:
If I wanted to feel like a god, I'd get a pet.

If you wanted to feel like a god, you should be a pet. I don't know about everybody else, but my cat lives the life.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Bearbarion wrote:

... absolutely not too much to ask!
I got tears of joy in my eyes right now ... finally someone! Thank You!!! :D

I think these nerf boys around here should try some Dark Souls 1 + 2 !
They come back ... slaughtered, bleeding and crying for help in the arms of warm PoE.

Well ... now i said it, too ... i'm preparing for the trolls/haters ;)
"
Felix523 wrote:
"
Bearbarion wrote:

... absolutely not too much to ask!
I got tears of joy in my eyes right now ... finally someone! Thank You!!! :D

I think these nerf boys around here should try some Dark Souls 1 + 2 !
They come back ... slaughtered, bleeding and crying for help in the arms of warm PoE.

Well ... now i said it, too ... i'm preparing for the trolls/haters ;)

I'm gonna be honest, I want some (not all) of these skills nerfed a little too - but by that same token I want content nerfed as well. And as someone who played darksouls 1 and demonsouls, I know full well that particular challange. And the Witcher. And Monster hunter. They're all in the same vein. PoE is not. PoE is an ARPG. It's balance angle is different, and approach to gameplay is fathoms apart.

You're not comparing apples and oranges there, sonny. You've got apples and elephants.

(Darksoul's difficulty is actually rewarding because it rewards game knowledge and planning. PoE's difficulty is frustrating because it rewards luck, time and ranged play.)
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Thank you for your valuable feedback with which i was able to identify the truly overpowered skills so i could updated the op.

You should remove Explosive Arrow and Discharge and list Elemental Proliferation instead. Without Prolif (or Romira's Brokenness) there is nothing OP about those skills.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You should remove Explosive Arrow and Discharge and list Elemental Proliferation instead. Without Prolif (or Romira's Brokenness) there is nothing OP about those skills.

With discharge it's specifically volls that makes it broken. Prolif with discharge, while powerful, isn't spammable and the damage is easily matched by other ways of applying ignite.

------------
So with your new nerf list

Ground slam is far from broken, it's just the best melee skill, melee isn't OP.

EA would be fine without prolif carrying it.

Flameblast was recently nerfed, there's no way you can say for sure if it needs another. Could also be another case of prolif making it better than it is, can anyone not using prolif flameblast give feedback...if you exist?

Discharge is fine. It's only broken with a 30 ex hard to get ammy, which at that point what's wrong with having a really powerful build, it's 30 ex for one slot ffs. It's a non-spammable nuke that requires set up. I keep hearing people begging for more active skills, discharge is one of those type that requires more to get going. It's a great skill on it's own and super end game it's not even out of line, you're paying for that power.

Glacial cascade...really? Is your goal now just to nerf anything viable? I'm lost at how you're asking for this over FP, which has an easier shotgun mechanic, similar skill attack width, but much larger range without the drawback of losing it's shotgun. But really, both skills aren't in nerfable range, they aren't overwhelming the meta and they aren't trivializing the game, I can't think of one reason to really nerf either. This one you need to explain, not just throw on a list and say go.

Sounds like they are nerfing cwdt + end cry changing end cry to a warcry and not allowing those to be triggerable.
Last edited by Moosifer on Mar 6, 2015, 3:26:59 PM
"
Moosifer wrote:

Sounds like they are nerfing cwdt + end cry changing end cry to a warcry and not allowing those to be triggerable.

That would be interesting considering the fact they showcased that setup before it was added into the game (along with spectral throw)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info