Build of the Week: Sovyn's Block Templar

"
CorranHorn wrote:
In counting his block from tree, and block from gear, im only getting around the high 60's. How does he have 75 percent block?

Thank you very much for all of your encouraging words everyone! :)

To answer your question, CorranHorn:

+ 5% block from Tempest Shield thanks to the increased effect of buffs nodes.

+ 32% block from my shield

+ 36% block from the tree

+ 2% from an inexpensive 2% corrupted stone of lazhwar

That's my 75% block

I have 60% spell block:

50 from Laz = 37%

25 from rainbows = 19%

4% from my corrupted shield

Total spell block = 60%
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
edit: those map drops, you can bend reality?

I get crazy good drops while filming, so I'm starting to suspect this is the case. If only I could harness this when I play my own characters...

know the feeling, i constantly have mirrors, externals and exalts drop, stash is full of 6 linked items, atziri is fleeing from me into the corner of the room. then the alarm clock rings and the daily crunch at the computer starts...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
I saw this in action a little while ago and decided it was just too powerful, so created a Duelist version that does nothing but rely on counter gems, enduring cry and running around like an idiot. He can clear some maps at level 55.

Glad if I contributed in any way. :)

When the counter-attacks came out I thought, hey, that would be the ultimate in lazy for my templar! I tried it but found taking an active roll was worth it in end game for clear speed as not everything has a very aggressive AI thus they don't die fast enough to the counters. I can definitely stand there and low level map critters will kill themselves on me though. :D Fun stuff.
Congratulations to Sovyn!

This is so deserved, and I told him before in his thread that his build is the overall best build available on the class forums, period.

The Lazy Pally has been going strong for two whole years now, and Sovyn has relentlessly worked on making the build ever stronger through patch after patch and their balances and nerfs to life, melee, block etc.

I always laughed at the whiners on the forums after each patch notes were released when they cried that melee got nerfed again. But Sovyn always found a way around it and mostly his build got even stronger.

- They said life got nerfed to death, Sovyn proved them wrong
- They said melee got nerfed to death, Sovyn proved them wrong
- They said block got nerfed to death, Sovyn proved them wrong
- They said melee chars can't do high end maps/Atziri, Sovyn proved them wrong
- They said solo / self found players can't do high end maps/Atziri, Sovyn proved them wrong

I think you got the point.

There is no map or map mod that can't be handled by a Lazy Pally, and no boss needs to be skipped.

If you play in a party and things go bad, be certain the Lazy Pally will be the last man standing.

As a player who loves playing melee, and prefers the solo and self found way of playing (main reason I play self found is that I hate the trading system, or lack thereof in PoE, and refuses to trade until something else is introduced), I must say that Sovyn's Lazy Pally is the ultimate build for me.

Sure I tried Tornado Shot and other crit builds, and found them powerful, but they all have their limitations and weaknesses.

Personally, I find it so much more satisfying going toe to toe with enemies and coming out victorious than shooting stuff off-screen.

Long live the Lazy Pally!
"
Jauer wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
hm

not so a amazing build. since block is nerfed.

block itself wasnt nerfed, the amount of block available on the tree was nerfed, why does that make this a not so amazing build? Block does exactly what it always did, a build with 75% block still does what a build with 75% block did before the 'nerf', doesnt effect it at all.

Clearpseed looks fine to me, people get carried away with themselves. Everyone on standard is playing a 2 million dps low life shatter chuck build right? No, theyre not, probably less than 1% of standard league players are playing builds like that.

i been playing diff blockers since the hottest stuff was kripps fressing pulser,,,, let me walk u thrue the facts...

wrong defences in general have all been nerfed... lets see ahh yee shields... starting by removing t1 es role... ahh 2 nerf 17% defence drop on all shields ahh 3 nerf the arm/ev/es quaility 20% was applyed as a extra instead of base bonus to be scaled ahhhhh 4 nerf global block reduction on shields and uniques

and ninja in between all thoes the 2% regen of armor on aegis that is even more heavy nerfed by "3 nerf" since all ure armor values are less and tree dos not realy offer a equiv subsitute... need more explanations?

the fact is today. the only way to build surv is with a high pool, massive damage and instand leach. so dps builds are the tanks nowadays.... GOOD GAME GGG..

facts are all builds done now is simply shadows of potential with older builds, crits nerf, coc gem nerf... trigger gem nerfs (lmao supernova discharge ;D)

WORD

"
Jauer wrote:

the fact is today. the only way to build surv is with a high pool, massive damage and instand leach. so dps builds are the tanks nowadays.... GOOD GAME GGG..

GOOD GAME GGG

I went from playing a 70k dps block tank, to an 800k dps glass cannon. Guess which one roflstomps Uber Atziri?
NiceGame™
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
Stefacle wrote:

This is so deserved, and I told him before in his thread that his build is the overall best build available on the class forums, period.

The Lazy Pally has been going strong for two whole years now, and Sovyn has relentlessly worked on making the build ever stronger through patch after patch and their balances and nerfs to life, melee, block etc.

I always laughed at the whiners on the forums after each patch notes were released when they cried that melee got nerfed again. But Sovyn always found a way around it and mostly his build got even stronger.

- They said solo / self found players can't do high end maps/Atziri, Sovyn proved them wrong

There is no map or map mod that can't be handled by a Lazy Pally, and no boss needs to be skipped.

If you play in a party and things go bad, be certain the Lazy Pally will be the last man standing.

As a player who loves playing melee, and prefers the solo and self found way of playing (main reason I play self found is that I hate the trading system, or lack thereof in PoE, and refuses to trade until something else is introduced), I must say that Sovyn's Lazy Pally is the ultimate build for me.

Sure I tried Tornado Shot and other crit builds, and found them powerful, but they all have their limitations and weaknesses.

Personally, I find it so much more satisfying going toe to toe with enemies and coming out victorious than shooting stuff off-screen.

i highligthed the importent part
counter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IGVq0ByBME&feature=youtu.be
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Spoiler
"
Stefacle wrote:

Lol, calm down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du6xqq9bFsA - I can't see the build doing anything on this level.

4742 life is troll. 5x hp flasks.......... is even worse

thread/979196 - I didn't stack >8k hp for shits and giggles.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Feb 27, 2015, 1:29:06 AM
"

4742 life is troll. 5x hp flasks.......... is even worse

I know most choose "path of life nodes" but I felt the community might want to hear more about an alternative approach to defense, that is, block, that's why I established the lazy pally two years ago.

I find that my team mates in public groups perish left and right while I can usually avoid death more consistently than anyone else I've played with and am often the last man standing. I feel that's a reasonable achievement given the build cost me 4ex for the gear and another 3ex for a Doryani's (better dps than the claw, I just like whirling blades personally), so it's only a 7ex build. In that context, I think you can see the value proposition.

I've taken a lot of heat over the flasks but fail to see the charm in anything else without crit/surgeon's. It's meant to be an easy to play build and I don't think worrying about timing 5 second duration flasks falls in the easy to play category. I mean, what's 5 seconds in the context of a whole fight? More often than not it would be wasted. I did get an Atziri's Promise when I killed Atziri the first time with the build and may consider trying that. To be honest, I have not looked at my flasks in well over a year really, the flasks people are talking about are pretty new in my casual context.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info