Build of the Week: Sovyn's Block Templar

hmm strange build :D
Thanks Chris and GGG team :)

My lazy pally build has been through many permutations in the two years since I originally posted, but pretty much the same theme and always stacking block and other defenses in layers. Flexibility of choosing one's favorite attack skill and weapon has always been a core tenet which makes it very accessible for those just starting out.

My current gear / stats in the guide is a little bit outdated as my life, DPS and AOE size went up a bit since then. :) The guide itself is up-to-date for the current patch.

I posted a video of my very rough first attempt at Atziri (it's a win). My skill was lacking, as everyone's probably is on their very first try, but I'm improving. It's a fun fight! I'll have to post a better video at some point.
i like this build, flask setup looks interesting though
"
hm

not so a amazing build. since block is nerfed.

Why have you choose this ?

second if the members have sooo many questions there is a need of answering more frequently
the questions of community
back when the community wasn't so shitty and hostel towards them they did talk to us a lot. i don't blame them for not wanting to deal with all BS this community has to offer. even now some of these posts just for build of week are getting so full of it i don't see Chris wasting his time on them for much longer.

some ppl need to get out of their box and start enjoying the game for what it is, a great ARPG that you can have fun with and just stop worrying about if im killing faster then Joe Smoo is
Last edited by banezilla on Feb 24, 2015, 8:12:23 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Thanks Chris and GGG team :)

My lazy pally build has been through many permutations in the two years since I originally posted, but pretty much the same theme and always stacking block and other defenses in layers. Flexibility of choosing one's favorite attack skill and weapon has always been a core tenet which makes it very accessible for those just starting out.

My current gear / stats in the guide is a little bit outdated as my life, DPS and AOE size went up a bit since then. :) The guide itself is up-to-date for the current patch.

I posted a video of my very rough first attempt at Atziri (it's a win). My skill was lacking, as everyone's probably is on their very first try, but I'm improving. It's a fun fight! I'll have to post a better video at some point.
looks like a fun build , gratz
"
banezilla wrote:
back when the community wasn't so shitty and hostel towards them they did talk to us a lot. i don't blame them for not wanting to deal with all BS this community has to offer.

surely a reason although i wouldn't judge "the community" as a whole.

also moderation needs to improve and ggg is aready looking out for more support staff.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
hm

Why have you choose this ?

Probably because they want to show that block chance builds are still viable, can be made cheaply, and can take on Atziri. No, it doesn't have the best clear speed, but many hardcore players will find a cheap tank useful.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
hm

block itself wasnt nerfed, the amount of block available on the tree was nerfed, why does that make this a not so amazing build? Block does exactly what it always did, a build with 75% block still does what a build with 75% block did before the 'nerf', doesnt effect it at all.

Clearpseed looks fine to me, people get carried away with themselves. Everyone on standard is playing a 2 million dps low life shatter chuck build right? No, theyre not, probably less than 1% of standard league players are playing builds like that.
I'm so glad you went back to posting straight to YouTube. :)

Also, looks like a fun build.
Thanks for sharing your build with the community, Sovyn - and thanks for keeping it updated. I found your guide to be a great resource for beginning Templar players, and the various comments from players trying the build were very helpful in fine-tuning a character. My LP is only level 59: great defense, mediocre-to-good offense so far...but I'll be interested to see how picking up a Soul Taker might swing the scale a bit.

Thanks again for sharing, and updating, your fine build. Congratulations on BoTW !
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info