Are the prices of MTX's way too high?

"
Poppycock. Speculation. Off topic.

The real reason they went free to play has nothing to do with any of the problems the game faces today. That's just logic, given they'd decided to go free to play BEFORE THE BETA was even up.

The real reason they chose to make their game F2P before beta was due to a lack of confidence in their product, correct? Didn't think they'd stay alive if they charged? That is the impression I get but not sure if that is true. You were here before I was.

Instead it was just a way to open the floodgates to every mooching moron out there.

OT: Prices really aren't too high. Some are a bit much, yeah but it isn't like you absolutely need any of it. It seems hard to call it a 'cash grab' when you know, the entire game is free.

I still think they'd do better with more plentiful, simpler, and cheaper MTX s with a fewer selection of super expensive top end ones.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
My only gripe with the current system and i will keep repeating this in every thread like this is that they are a single use.

I don't actually mind the prices of most sales (to clarify, i am in no way wealthy and can afford a bunch of them) but i do think the current prices justify a multiple use mtx rather then a single use.

My personal view is that it would increase the sales overall and maybe create a sort of "gotta get am all" in the whales.

And let's be honest for a minute here, the whales will buy "whatever", mostly for the underlying purpose of supporting the mtx's are just additional fluff.

But for the none-whales i would envision that some of the price tags might be more suited for a multi utility mtx. That is to say, to actually draw people over the line from "just looking" to "purchasing that bad puppy".

but then again, it's GGG house, they got the numbers so i am sure they got this covered.

But honestly i am that cheap that even if i had all the GGG$$$$$ i would still only purchase a single one and keep reclaiming it :/.

As a bonus, it would eliminate the much requested "reclaim all" functionality, since you would be able to apply a single mtx on all your characters if desired.

Hell i even think this alone would draw people over the line to buy more mtx's, if you can utilize all on all chars, you might be persuaded to buy more overall and get new combo-breakers in the mix.

Or i could be terribly wrong and suck at economics, also a valid option in my case.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
I doubt many people see the Lightning Scorpion and go, wow, take my hundred bucks now.

why spend 100 bucks on it if you can snipe it on "sales" for much less?
i got mine reduced and now people think i have real life whealth. muhahahaha
Spoiler
to be honest, i really felt bad doing it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
I doubt many people see the Lightning Scorpion and go, wow, take my hundred bucks now.

Spoiler

You've admitted it. Now all your armor MTX has been changed to this.

I'd buy that as an MTX too.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
morbo wrote:
For a benevolent indie garage company...

I know it's a bit of an "off-topic" for this thread, but I really wonder if we can still call GGG an "indie garage company". I don't know about other dev teams, but in the Q&A today, Chris said they are currently at 57 staff members in the team. I know not all of them are actually working on the game, but still, 57 and "indie garage company" sound not compatible to me. They started as indie though.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
"
geradon wrote:
"

Spoiler

You've admitted it. Now all your armor MTX has been changed to this.
Spoiler

I'd buy that as an MTX too.

where did you get my photo from, i'm not supposed to be on the internet...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
For a benevolent indie garage company...

I know it's a bit of an "off-topic" for this thread, but I really wonder if we can still call GGG an "indie garage company". I don't know about other dev teams, but in the Q&A today, Chris said they are currently at 57 staff members in the team. I know not all of them are actually working on the game, but still, 57 and "indie garage company" sound not compatible to me. They started as indie though.

Well they are still indie (no publisher) but the garage must be huge by now :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Seems steep to me. I mean if you enjoy the game and like having full stash and outfits for multiple toons one could easily spend $500 - $1000 in points.

I got my two $100 packs and blew through those points in a day lol.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Seems steep to me. I mean if you enjoy the game and like having full stash and outfits for multiple toons one could easily spend $500 - $1000 in points.

I got my two $100 packs and blew through those points in a day lol.

I've had ~$1000 and only spent around $600 and there isn't anything else I want.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Running with your $600 number which I can believe would satisfy, thats 10x the retail price of a premier game title. Thats why I think MTX overpriced. I'll prolly spend eventually tho.

BTW whens the next pack come out? None for torment?
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info