Developer Questions and Answers

I don't know if this has already been brought up...Do you have any plans of showing how the rolls from the master benches will affect the already rolled mods on the gear before modding?

For example, if a weapon does 100-200 phys dmg and has +100% phys dmg already rolled, that weapon could be put in the appropriate master crafting bench and would show how a +phys dmg (min and max) roll would affect the overall phys dmg for that weapon without actually having to roll it.
Last edited by Woodcutta on Feb 24, 2015, 2:12:12 AM
"
iGanc wrote:
Are there any plans for a different kind of item class? Like maybe set pieces? I would hate to see something that requires like 5+ pieces to wear... but maybe 2x rings, or a sword and shield set combo that gives extra bonuses for wearing both pieces.

Please excuse me if that has been asked, there are like 46 pages at the time of this post :P

Also, I love everything that has happened in this game, however I still haven't fought Atziri. Just want to say keep up the good work, you've successfully made the game that took Diablo 2's place for me :D Played that one since 2000, and nothing has come close, except Path... totally dominates the genre as far as I'm concerned.

Yea, i thought so too, then i think about their modus operandi, their vision and take on uniques, and how they added 30 new uniques in Bloodlines/torment, and cant shake the feeling that set items would look like this:

Witch 3 set called "Oh no you didnt"

- random helm
- random gloves
- random boots

2 set bonus: + 21 int
+ 51 spell dmg
- 20 int
- 50 spell dmg

3 set bonus: "Your spells in this item are suported with lvl 50 increased AOE, but you cant use AOE spells"

But i guess tons of suporters would be:"Hell yea, gg ggg, first, hype"

Are there plans for increasing quality of life with the guild stash?

There is definitely room for improvement such-as tab movement, locating items (searchable like personal stash), quick storage/takeout, tab log, or even further permission editing through guild ranking.

I know my guild and I would be more likely to use it as currently it is just easier to chuck items into personal stash, and wait for someone to ask for it if need be.
Last edited by Woeisme on Feb 24, 2015, 2:48:46 AM
1) Are there any plans for higher than level 100 characters?

2) Do you even plan to review the death penalty at higher levels? Maybe a sliding scale of XP lost versus the flat 10%?

3) Will Act 4 mean that current gear will become worthless or will it remain viable?

4) Do you still have plans for more acts or would you rather move onto PoE 2?

5) Can you give any info/update regarding an 'offline' trading system.

6) Will you review the reward system for completing tasks i.e more (or rearranging) skill books drops for task completion like when you kill Dominus?
You guys made a self home system named as "Hideout" so we can build our homes in Wraeclast. Thanks. Now, can we ever made an self unique item for our builds with paying for it?

What does it means? It means maybe GGG can create a system for "balanced item creations" with new masters? Models, textures and other all materials is player based (limited sizes like "model and texture size must be maximum 2 mb.") , so when we create a weapon or armor for us Engine automatically import model and texture from our pc to the game without any downloadboost. And for one self-art 100-200 points is good as hell. I know its not easy but not impossible.

Self Mod Hype!
The void is a calculated mass.
Last edited by AtakanOzel on Feb 24, 2015, 3:12:05 AM
Will there be a up-to-date list of unique items so its easier (for noobs) to theory-craft new builds?

Many uniques are build-enabling, but I simply don't know about many of the unique items out there, even thou playing regularly since closed beta.
Doing builds is most fun - searching for items on third party sites is not so much fun.
Are we going to see new weapon types?

Are we going to see new item "tiers" (we have 3 right now), also meaning higher ilevel?

Are you guys ever going to put up an offline client for sale?

Custom paid leagues when?

Are you guys planning on ever adding "set" items? With your own twist as per usual, of course.

How's the weather?
Dem metal chickens
Last edited by Vorthaz on Feb 24, 2015, 3:21:23 AM
Question: Will there be ACT 4 only on Merciless difficulty or this is just a rumor? If not, how will you manage to sustain experience issue? Will you make a 110-120 lvl cap and push end game maps from 66-78 to 74-86, for instance?
Question:Will there be more expensive uniques in the game such as shavronnes, mjornir, void battery, etc.? What will happen to useless uniques that nobody uses?
Before the first part of act 3 was released on open beta we still had 4 difficulties, Normal, Cruel, Ruthless and Merciless, but after that one of them dropped to get the current three we have and the level progression was rescaled to fit the 3 acts and 3 difficulties(9 total acts), one act more in total that previous(8 total acts).

I have 2 question regarding this.

1. What was the reason you guys dropped Ruthless, and not Normal, Cruel or Merciless. Personally I had hoped normal would've been dropped.

2. What effect will Act 4 have on the difficulties and the leveling? Is one going to be dropped or are we going to have to play trough more acts to reach the end game? Also since there will probably be a big rescaling and it won't be just tacked onto the end of merciless as end-game, will the level with which you reach the endgame stay the same or change?

Ok, question 2 may have been multiple questions in one, but all on the same subject.

Thanks for answering in advance.
Will you ever do races with just one class being available for that race. Have a few races for each class?

Everyone does solo Atziri and uber. Do you have plans for something a full party can farm that is uber hard that won't be just solo mode end game content that has great low chances at rewards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info