Give wands blink arrow

Or invent a new movement skill for wands. Light warp is not a viable pvp movement skill and wanders are left completely vulnerable. Blink arrow, flicker, mirror arrow, all of these skills would help legitimize the wand build. The difference between bow and wand is pretty insane. Bows can kite, shoot corners, insane movement/trickery and the same damage. Giving wands the permissions would really boost this build.

edit: and maybe a clear trap skill similar to ROA?

There's almost no convenience of being a wander aside from good base crit. Opening a few more doors for this build can probably push an entirely new meta.
Last edited by bigfoot312 on Feb 21, 2015, 12:22:13 PM
having fought quite a bit of people who use it, light warp is very viable for pvp..
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 21, 2015, 12:24:04 PM
This is LLD based. Being bear trapped and trying to LW is useless. LW sucks if you use anything non-20% movement speed boots, and it's also slow cast speed for a non-caster. It's hardly a utility skill for a wand build.
I personally think they should just introduce some kind of movement skill for wands, not something too quick and not something too slow. Whirling blades/mirror arrow should be for what they are designed for and making them usable with non related weapons would be odd.

A movement skil that atleast permits wand users to move out of beartraps, you also dont want to give these kind of builds too much movement expertise considering the amount of spike damage they can deliver, i think you can easily 1-3 shot people with that kind of build. You have smoke mine that does help out, a simple movement skill to get out of traps would help the build a lot already, but you also dont wanna make it overpowered by giving it too many escape abilities.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 21, 2015, 12:43:50 PM
People use offhand leapslam with brightbeak(dual if the str is there, if not use another item with str in the other slot) and it's fast, shouldnt be that hard to swap around.
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Feb 21, 2015, 1:07:13 PM
Facebreaker characters use quill rain with blink arrow in swap, wanders can do the same no ?
Hauntworld is absolutely right. You can't give a wander the same movement a bower can have since a wander outdamages everything when built properly. Their must be some drawback. Ever class has its advantages and drawbacks. A wander can oneshot on range without any aiming..tell me any other build that is able to do so.
I am the only bower you are losing to from time to time but you were winning a lot of times too and you know that you wreck pretty much anything else. So how does that show that wanders need buffs?
You should just get used to your bow swap imho.
Well I've only dueled 2 bowers on standard and lose to them both because it's so simple to kite/escape and I'm a sitting duck. Yes I have blink arrow on switch but it really lacks the convenience of tracking down mid duel and consistent trap clears. Both arc and LW are "options" but both require cast rate and LW requires good runspeed.

edit: if not a move skill at least flicker. plz.
Last edited by bigfoot312 on Feb 21, 2015, 7:55:01 PM
Well wands do have a movement skill, because technically Lightning Warp was designed so that casters (which would normally use a wand) would be able to move around. But the idea of attack wands developed after and at least for PvE, you could still achieve great movement with leveled LW, QS flasks, etc. Although I do agree that attack wanders (not spell wanders of course) in LLD have few movement options. Still, that was a way it was chosen to be built and the issue wouldn't be pronounced in HLD or PvE. So the idea of adding a movement skill for attack wanders for LLD...I think the chances are extremely slim.

A wand-specific Flicker-like skill might be interesting, but it goes against the idea of wand builds being distanced from the target. Idk.
yeah I understand all that. But it's kind of wand-prejudice in a sense. Casters will use quartz scepters for max dmg and leap slam/flicker, wanders are the only build completely limited 100% to only lightning warp...They are also by nature 0% cast speed and slow run speed, so there does seem to be a bit of a gap. I understand that facebreakers deal with the same issues, but they can shield charge and quartz through bear traps. Wands are the only movement-limited build in pvp (lld at least)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info