EU02-31-TOBL Swiss

The queue for this tournament can be found in the "Events" tab of the "Events and PvP" panel. This can be accessed in-game through the menu button, or by pressing B (by default). You must queue for this tournament in order to participate in it. You cannot join this tournament late, as the number of rounds is determined by the number of players.

You must be on the following leagues/gateway to participate in this tournament:

Leagues: Torment or Bloodlines
Gateway: Europe

PvP-only characters can be used for this tournament.
Instructions on how to create preconstructed PvP-only characters can be found here.

This is a low-level event. It is restricted to level 28 characters who have not yet completed Normal difficulty.

This is a Swiss event
Each match in a Swiss event is a best-of-seven duel with another player. The matches are of fixed length and the number of rounds is based on the number of players. More information on how this format works can be found in the PvP rules.

Each match won is worth 3 points.
Each match drawn is worth 1 point.

The top 20 players by points will receive:
  • #1 Overall: Talisman of the Victor (Unique Jet Amulet) and 15 Reward Points.
  • #2 Overall: 10 Reward Points.
  • #3 Overall: 8 Reward Points.
  • #4 Overall: 6 Reward Points.
  • #5 Overall: 5 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 Overall: 4 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 Overall: 2 Reward Points.

The player who places the highest in each Swiss event and doesn't already have an invitation to the Invitational at the end of the season will receive an Invitation.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Last edited by Qarl on Feb 21, 2015, 6:15:02 PM
congratz ggg on creating the most boring event in history
IGN @Darwinator - Alternatively PM me
Only top 20 get reward points for this? What a joke...
RIP Solstice
"
farmerbob1111 wrote:
Only top 20 get reward points for this? What a joke...

You get points for winning and drawing matches I think -- the top 20 get bonus points
The way mephisto played every round today shows why this sucks. He ran from every opp every match drew out. We are only 5 rounds in lets see if he wins with it.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 21, 2015, 1:56:33 PM
This is pretty bad
NOW PLEASE NERF PUNCTURE TRAPS !!!

LOL
To use lightning warp you don't need anything. To use whirling blades/flicker strike and leap slam you need the right weapon. I wonder is that because lightning warp sucks so much and doesn't proc 1/2 time for no good reason or you just hate casters?
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
Lordsidro wrote:
The way mephisto played every round today shows why this sucks. He ran from every opp every match drew out. We are only 5 rounds in lets see if he wins with it.

Again you are trying to manipulate GGG like the last season to nerf the builds you don't like. The fact that I played 3 matches against freezepulser shows which skill is overpowered melee or freezepulse. I killed everyone who tried to chase me but B3R simply outdpsed me and chased me properly.

You are expecting to trow 10 traps under ur feet and I walk into u and melee you and get oneshotted? Am I supposed to be braindead or what?

Against, BauxTormentLLD another freeze pulser , no surprise, I got one shotted with 80 cold res with 2 traps as I was walking by. one shot from full hp to zero 1500 life. (EDIT , I think I exaggerated the trap's damage here. That's almost impossible to happen based on my later calculations.)

Number 1,5,8 and 11 being freezing pulse says it all. I matched up against zero melees and met 3 freezepulsers.

Instead of complaining on forums you'd better learn from B3R how to use freezepulse. I really dont understand what else u want. the skill you are using has got the best result this event and I played around it as much as I could.

If waggle had attended this event he would've been the winner by far. Right now throw a random spell and cast molten shell and you win against melees. If you can't, you don't know how to play it.

"
Lordsidro wrote:

@Hauntworld1

You don't see actual good melee & Casters (FTFY) players in here complaining about what a rough life it is.
They just put up good results and win demis.

LOL , You told me many times, I'm a not a good melee player coz I get one shotted by your traps lol!

Two more words, I'm asking GGG to nerf molten shell, there's no reason for this skill to give 500 armour and do 1000 damage each pop. I've already tried to pop molten shell with spectral throw and rain of arrow, but it only pops after 10 seconds of spaming ST into the face and my opponent is already half HP lol! Also asking for a buff to ST.

Last word. GGG already owes me an invitational for this event that I lost just because of the bullshit surprise merge with torment. Today, I was watching hege's stream he got 24 regal for 1 ex right away and we wont get shit if we even post wtb regal 16:1ex bloodline. Another example, last time I checked poexzy there was zero prismweave online for sale, and 32 for torment. In my mind, I deserved the invitational for this tourney and only won my matches by outplaying my opponents. This is gonna be my last season doing PVP because since the merge, it's another content that is sofctcore exclusive like uber Atziri and I'm not willing to play there.

GZ to B3R, really played well.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Feb 22, 2015, 5:03:49 AM
"
mephisto_n wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

Again you are trying to manipulate GGG like the last season to nerf the builds you don't like. The fact that I played 3 matches against freezepulser shows which skill is overpowered melee or freezepulse. I killed everyone who tried to chase me but B3R simply outdpsed me and chased me properly.

You are expecting to trow 10 traps under ur feet and I walk into u and melee you and get oneshotted? Am I supposed to be braindead or what?

Against, BauxTormentLLD another freeze pulser , no surprise, I got one shotted with 80 cold res with 2 traps as I was walking by. one shot from full hp to zero 1500 life.

Number 1,5,8 and 11 being freezing pulse says it all. I matched up against zero melees and met 3 freezepulsers.

Instead of complaining on forums you'd better learn from B3R how to use freezepulse. I really dont understand what else u want. the skill you are using has got the best result this event and I played around it as much as I could.

If waggle had attended this event he would've been the winner by far. Right now throw a random spell and cast molten shell and you win against melees. If you can't, you don't know how to play it.

AFAIK there were 5 freeze pulsers in total - 2 of them selfcast
just because you randomly drew against 3 doesn't mean the whole event consisted out of fpers and even less that it's overpowered - because it's not
freezepulse did get a huge nerf with the flask change.. if you demand more you will burry a build (same goes for puncture trap)
furthermore you won against 2 of them and lost against me because you were too lazy to switch in a counter against molten - I dont see why freezepulse should be damned..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info