Season 2 Balance Feedback - Week One

"
GreenDude wrote:
In S1 when I was facebreaker, you were a puncture trapper. Due to my obviously lacking cast speed as a melee, i was able to arc your traps but by that time you'd have a new set on the ground. This mean't i could never approach you, not without suffering heavy damage or a 1 shot kill. I tried so hard to arc the trap to force an opening to shield charge in, but immediatly you'd have a full set of multi traps on ur feet and infront of you.

This caused our swiss game to end in a draw and you said to me "Anything so I don't win huh?" , you were convinced I tied the game to make you not win the event because I refused to walk in your traps like a zombie.

This attitude you have is toxic and the manipulation tactics you've been using over the years is now commonly understood by our community. It has become crystal clear. This is only hurting you in the end because when you report feedback to GGG, they may choose to ignore it all because you dirtied your own reputation.

Needless to say: +1 Mephisto's post. I went through the same sort of situation so I understand him completely.

After your emotional raging on Hege's stream today about remote mine I'd say you're done. You can lie about about w/e you want. Drawing every round will still be lame(I'll site the invitational as an example instead of one of my matches). It not like it only happens to me.

One Thread already had to be closed from the ridiculous conspiracy theories that I'm in cahoots with Nick do we really need another?

Your attitude has become toxic Greendude no matter what face you put on to others. We know what you're really like. Your constant use of clout to bully people is just old.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 21, 2015, 3:51:31 PM
"
"
Lordsidro wrote:
(it's the same thing in HLD with lightning warp also)

If you really have a hard time catching light warp users there might be other problems involved than LW being too fast, lol.

I don't play much HLD. This is just from listening to people from hege's guild,reading community post and watching some matches.
"
mephisto_n wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

My post have all had the same thing in mind, Melee's ability to run away too strong. How is any of this not in line with that? (it's the same thing in HLD with lightning warp also)

Me saying that drawing 6-8 rounds isnt fun and needs some incentive to NOT be done is me going after your build?Anyone using WB can use/abuse that. I don't think drawing 6-8 rounds is fun, I'm pretty sure i'm not alone. I'll leave it at that.

Edit: you just told me in game my build was garbage, then you came to the forums saying how broken. it is which is it lol?

You changed ur status in game to "MEPH SCUM" and started to massage me and harassed me it was only then I replied back to your mean massages. You initiated the trash talk.

You want it to be fun? alright remove anti melee one shot spells like molten shell and shot-gun mechanic then I'll come melee you, for now I'll catch you off guard. You are expecting me to not play around your build.

Also I didn't have a single draw match this event.

saying you had no draw "matches" is pretty misleading, as you just had a bunch of draw "rounds". good use of wording though.

I didn't even use molten shell against you. it also gets negated by molten strike+phy to light and over capping fire res for EE for what that's worth.

And ya I made sure to tell you drawing all your rounds was lame. You didn't do it to just me. We were all waiting watching ladder we can see your matches ending with 2-3 mins left till next round.

All of my post are inline with each other and I never talked about your specific "Build" needing a nerf. We've been talking about intentional forced drawing this whole time.

Also my post about "run away" being generally too strong was on Feb 12th.

At this point I've just excepted people gotta have someone to hate. I played Puncture in the infancy everone rages greendude takes a personal vendetta against it. Claims it still over powered needs a nerf. PM's me in game demanding an apology from me, for saying puncture in it's currency state is fine(EVERYONE else seems to think it's fine also). So i play a new build crush some people with freeze pulse traps and then the hates comes again. That's just gonna be how it is. I'll embrace the hate.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 21, 2015, 4:18:25 PM
I've already tried to counter molten shell with molten+phys to light or poping it with spectral throw or rain of arrow swap. It's my personal opinion that those will not help much against molten and I briefly explained why in my post. I'm also curious what other people with melee character say about molten shell.

Have you beat casters with molten shells with a regular sword and board, yourself? Tell us about your experience please.

Last edited by Mephisto_n on Feb 21, 2015, 4:18:16 PM
"
mephisto_n wrote:
I've already tried to counter molten shell with molten+phys to light or poping it with spectral throw or rain of arrow swap. It's my personal opinion that those will not help much against molten and I briefly explained why in my post. I'm also curious what other people with melee character say about molten shell.

Have you beat casters with molten shells with a regular sword and board, yourself? Tell us about your experience please.

My post from feb 12th INCLUDED "nerf to molten shell dmg"!!!. It does a lot of dmg and has a very short cool down It needs to be toned down (a little). But by no means is it unbeatable. Keep in mind when you fight brainamputation and you get hit by molten shell you are EE'd -50. So over capping fire by 50 might be a pre req. Maybe we need a dispels EE flask mod? idk.

Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 21, 2015, 4:23:02 PM
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
In S1 when I was facebreaker, you were a puncture trapper. Due to my obviously lacking cast speed as a melee, i was able to arc your traps but by that time you'd have a new set on the ground. This mean't i could never approach you, not without suffering heavy damage or a 1 shot kill. I tried so hard to arc the trap to force an opening to shield charge in, but immediatly you'd have a full set of multi traps on ur feet and infront of you.

This caused our swiss game to end in a draw and you said to me "Anything so I don't win huh?" , you were convinced I tied the game to make you not win the event because I refused to walk in your traps like a zombie.

This attitude you have is toxic and the manipulation tactics you've been using over the years is now commonly understood by our community. It has become crystal clear. This is only hurting you in the end because when you report feedback to GGG, they may choose to ignore it all because you dirtied your own reputation.

Needless to say: +1 Mephisto's post. I went through the same sort of situation so I understand him completely.

After your emotional raging on Hege's stream today about remote mine I'd say you're done. You can lie about about w/e you want. Drawing every round will still be lame(I'll site the invitational as an example instead of one of my matches). It not like it only happens to me.

One Thread already had to be closed from the ridiculous conspiracy theories that I'm in cahoots with Nick do we really need another?

Your attitude has become toxic Greendude no matter what face you put on to others. We know what you're really like. Your constant use of clout to bully people is just old.

Hey not for nothing....but arc is the shittiest anti trap option for a non caster. Quill Rain + RoA or just RoA ingeneral is universally the best option for any melee/bow user...id like to think the guy helping GGG balance PvP would of concluded this.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 21, 2015, 4:28:39 PM
"
mephisto_n wrote:

You died to Molten shell with phys to lightning supported Molten strike? .......impossible.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
And ya I made sure to tell you drawing all your rounds was lame. You didn't do it to just me. We were all waiting watching ladder we can see your matches ending with 2-3 mins left till next round.

Managing pots is considered so important for 1v1 play, then why hate when someon draws out a few rounds ? If you can keep your opponent busy for the full duration of a round and make him use some flasks to remove a curse/get out of a shit situation then you will have the advantage in the next round. Or if you play a build for which some maps are horrible, drawing the initial rounds is the best option, isn't it ?

Some players will get nervous/lose focus when they fight goes on longer, so there is that too. Sure it may not be fun when your opponent draws out against you but it's your fault you can't kill them, or are not willing to take the risk and engage more agressively.
"
dzordzo wrote:
"

Managing pots is considered so important for 1v1 play, then why hate when someon draws out a few rounds ? If you can keep your opponent busy for the full duration of a round and make him use some flasks to remove a curse/get out of a shit situation then you will have the advantage in the next round. Or if you play a build for which some maps are horrible, drawing the initial rounds is the best option, isn't it ?

Some players will get nervous/lose focus when they fight goes on longer, so there is that too. Sure it may not be fun when your opponent draws out against you but it's your fault you can't kill them, or are not willing to take the risk and engage more agressively.

That would be valid except once he started the run away there was no combat from him for 6 rounds and then the match ended.

"
mephisto_n wrote:
Sidro, once you play a melee build and chase trappers and bow users with blink arrow to the very end of matches you will stop whining about "running away strat". Chasing trappers is all I'm doing all day as a melee character. Your build is incomplete if you can't chase your opponent properly.

B3R had no problem forcing me to fight, same when I force trappers to fight me at my will.

It sucks when your down a point and cant run away but have to fight huh?

Your strategy varies wildly if you have the point or opp does. Having a point means you never have to attack opp again. Being down means you have to chase them all over.

How does this negate my point that running away being the best strat(or even a viable 1) is bad gameplay. Maybe the maps need an adjustment to promote combat?
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 21, 2015, 4:42:14 PM
"
mephisto_n wrote:

A few days ago on standard I actually managed to quite consistenly beat a bis geared templar (much like brainamputation except better gear) with my s&b char. This happened with both molten and heavy strike when heavy might have been even a bit better. Vagan wep + Phase acro + 4%spblock laz + 4%sblock perandus were the most crucial things to counter it.

Im almost certain a crit dagger build can achieve the same against caster templars with a similar setup.

Mostly because of smoke mine which is a retardedly powerful skill (how come no one talks about it?), all that requires better than average vagan weapons though so yeah its not exactly accessible on temp leagues. It all depends on what level of play we want to balance things on. The difference in gear on temp leagues and standard league is still surprisingly steep at the highest level. Standard is closing in on some things that are close to mirror-worthy whereas theres almost nothing similar on temp leagues.
Last edited by lapiz on Feb 21, 2015, 5:27:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info