Season 2 Balance Feedback - Week One

Balancing point blank + traps.

Trappers need the point blank, but it becomes abusive when u can throw a trap 100 MPH across an entire map and in some way still get the point blank modifier. Make this skill work with trap the same way that it works with arrows. That is, it's strong when its thrown close to the bowers body (even if they then run away) but loses strength as you throw it far. This removes the insane 1 shot dmg from across the screen rando but still gives bower the damage they need to defend themselves in-range.

Thoughts?
that would certainly alleviate a bit the way trappers can hug a bottom corner and throw traps at people approaching from the top before they can even be seen on the opponents screen.

ps. Has anyone played pvp on a larger resolution? Does that provide better view of the map and who is where? (off screen shotting arrows/traps etc?)
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
@bigfoot That's exactly what i told GGG. no one uses point blank other than on traps as bow so nerfing that will hurt bows more than other trappers. Anyway I think puncture traps are in a good place now in top level play.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
andkamen wrote:
that would certainly alleviate a bit the way trappers can hug a bottom corner and throw traps at people approaching from the top before they can even be seen on the opponents screen.

ps. Has anyone played pvp on a larger resolution? Does that provide better view of the map and who is where? (off screen shotting arrows/traps etc?)

I don't, but it's quite easy to hear the traps being tossed and you get a good general area, works for me. If I know I am duelling someone that usually use traps/mines, I tend to stay close to them to hear where their traps are being tossed.
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
X-post my comment under EU swiss event which also belongs to this thread.

[
"
Lordsidro wrote:
The way mephisto played every round today shows why this sucks. He ran from every opp every match drew out. We are only 5 rounds in lets see if he wins with it.

Again you are trying to manipulate GGG like the last season to nerf the builds you don't like. The fact that I played 3 matches against freezepulser shows which skill is overpowered melee or freezepulse. I killed everyone who tried to chase me but B3R simply outdpsed me and chased me properly.

You are expecting to trow 10 traps under ur feet and I walk into u and melee you and get oneshotted? Am I supposed to be braindead or what?

Against, BauxTormentLLD another freeze pulser , no surprise, I got one shotted with 80 cold res with 2 traps as I was walking by. one shot from full hp to zero 1500 life. (EDIT , I think I exaggerated the trap's damage here. That's almost impossible to happen based on my later calculations.)

Number 1,5,8 and 11 being freezing pulse says it all. I matched up against zero melees and met 3 freezepulsers.

Instead of complaining on forums you'd better learn from B3R how to use freezepulse. I really dont understand what else u want. the skill you are using has got the best result this event and I played around it as much as I could.

If waggle had attended this event he would've been the winner by far. Right now throw a random spell and cast molten shell and you win against melees. If you can't, you don't know how to play it.

"
Lordsidro wrote:

@Hauntworld1

You don't see actual good melee & Casters (FTFY) players in here complaining about what a rough life it is.
They just put up good results and win demis.

LOL , You told me many times, I'm a not a good melee player coz I get one shotted by your traps lol!

Two more words, I'm asking GGG to nerf molten shell, there's no reason for this skill to give 500 armour and do 1000 damage each pop. I've already tried to pop molten shell with spectral throw and rain of arrow, but it only pops after 10 seconds of spaming ST into the face and my opponent is already half HP lol! Also asking for a buff to ST.

Last word. GGG already owes me an invitational for this event that I lost just because of the bullshit surprise merge with torment. Today, I was watching hege's stream he got 24 regal for 1 ex right away and we wont get shit if we even post wtb regal 16:1ex bloodline. Another example, last time I checked poexzy there was zero prismweave online for sale, and 32 for torment. In my mind, I deserved the invitational for this tourney and only won my matches by outplaying my opponents. This is gonna be my last season doing PVP because since the merge, it's another content that is sofctcore exclusive like uber Atziri and I'm not willing to play there.

GZ to B3R, really played well.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Feb 22, 2015, 5:02:54 AM
"
mephisto_n wrote:
X-post my comment under EU swiss event which also belongs to this thread.

[
"
Lordsidro wrote:
The way mephisto played every round today shows why this sucks. He ran from every opp every match drew out. We are only 5 rounds in lets see if he wins with it.

Again you are trying to manipulate GGG like the last season to nerf the builds you don't like. The fact that I played 3 matches against freezepulser shows which skill is overpowered melee or freezepulse. I killed everyone who tried to chase me but B3R simply outdpsed me and chased me properly.

You are expecting to trow 10 traps under ur feet and I walk into u and melee you and get oneshotted? Am I supposed to be braindead or what?

Against, BauxTormentLLD another freeze pulser , no surprise, I got one shotted with 80 cold res with 2 traps as I was walking by. one shot from full hp to zero 1500 life.

Number 1,5,8 and 11 being freezing pulse says it all. I matched up against zero melees and met 3 freezepulsers.

Instead of complaining on forums you'd better learn from B3R how to use freezepulse. I really dont understand what else u want. the skill you are using has got the best result this event and I played around it as much as I could.

If waggle had attended this event he would've been the winner by far. Right now throw a random spell and cast molten shell and you win against melees. If you can't, you don't know how to play it.

"
Lordsidro wrote:

@Hauntworld1

You don't see actual good melee & Casters (FTFY) players in here complaining about what a rough life it is.
They just put up good results and win demis.

LOL , You told me many times, I'm a not a good melee player coz I get one shotted by your traps lol!

Two more words, I'm asking GGG to nerf molten shell, there's no reason for this skill to give 500 armour and do 1000 damage each pop. I've already tried to pop molten shell with spectral throw and rain of arrow, but it only pops after 10 seconds of spaming ST into the face and my opponent is already half HP lol! Also asking for a buff to ST.

Last word. GGG already owes me an invitational for this event that I lost just because of the bullshit surprise merge with torment. Today, I was watching hege's stream he got 24 regal for 1 ex right away and we wont get shit if we even post wtb regal 16:1ex bloodline. Another example, last time I checked poexzy there was zero prismweave online for sale, and 32 for torment. In my mind, I deserved the invitational for this tourney and only won my matches by outplaying my opponents. This is gonna be my last season doing PVP because since the merge, it's another content that is sofctcore exclusive like uber Atziri and I'm not willing to play there.

GZ to B3R, really played well.

My post have all had the same thing in mind, Melee's ability to run away too strong. How is any of this not in line with that? (it's the same thing in HLD with lightning warp also)

Me saying that drawing 6-8 rounds isnt fun and needs some incentive to NOT be done is me going after your build?Anyone using WB can use/abuse that. I don't think drawing 6-8 rounds is fun, I'm pretty sure i'm not alone. I'll leave it at that.

Edit: you just told me in game my build was garbage, then you came to the forums saying how broken it is which is it lol?
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 21, 2015, 3:29:47 PM
In S1 when I was facebreaker, you were a puncture trapper. Due to my obviously lacking cast speed as a melee, i was able to arc your traps but by that time you'd have a new set on the ground. This mean't i could never approach you, not without suffering heavy damage or a 1 shot kill. I tried so hard to arc the trap to force an opening to shield charge in, but immediatly you'd have a full set of multi traps on ur feet and infront of you.

This caused our swiss game to end in a draw and you said to me "Anything so I don't win huh?" , you were convinced I tied the game to make you not win the event because I refused to walk in your traps like a zombie.

This attitude you have is toxic and the manipulation tactics you've been using over the years is now commonly understood by our community. It has become crystal clear. This is only hurting you in the end because when you report feedback to GGG, they may choose to ignore it all because you dirtied your own reputation.

Needless to say: +1 Mephisto's post. I went through the same sort of situation so I understand him completely.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Feb 21, 2015, 3:33:52 PM
"
Lordsidro wrote:

My post have all had the same thing in mind, Melee's ability to run away too strong. How is any of this not in line with that? (it's the same thing in HLD with lightning warp also)

Me saying that drawing 6-8 rounds isnt fun and needs some incentive to NOT be done is me going after your build?Anyone using WB can use/abuse that. I don't think drawing 6-8 rounds is fun, I'm pretty sure i'm not alone. I'll leave it at that.

Edit: you just told me in game my build was garbage, then you came to the forums saying how broken. it is which is it lol?

You changed ur status in game to "MEPH SCUM" and started to massage me and harassed me it was only then I replied back to your mean massages. You initiated the trash talk.

You want it to be fun? alright remove anti melee one shot spells like molten shell and shot-gun mechanic then I'll come melee you, for now I'll catch you off guard. You are expecting me to not play around your build.

Also, I didn't draw a single match this event.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Feb 21, 2015, 3:54:21 PM
Guys chill! All of you!

Nobody dirty their reputation.

There are maps where you can sit behind boxes & if you are a caster or a bowuser, you will have to go in melee range to be able to do some damage.

In other pvp games they have a mechanic to counter this. There are shrines you can take to get a buff.

I remember in world of warcraft people would run around a pillar. but every 20sec their would spawn invisible orbs that would make you invisble if I remember correctly
Last edited by Emro on Feb 21, 2015, 3:55:08 PM
"
Lordsidro wrote:
(it's the same thing in HLD with lightning warp also)

If you really have a hard time catching light warp users there might be other problems involved than LW being too fast, lol.
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Feb 21, 2015, 3:49:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info