Request for Descent

"
AdzPoE wrote:
I dunno how you guys are getting 24-26 before infernal shrine(edit, apparently i have never been to infernal). Everytime ive ever made it to desecrated shrine ive been lvl 21. I personally dont think that this is such an issue as the racing schedule itself is an issue. plz GGG fix the racing schedule first, concentrate on the people who want to race but cant rather than the people already winning demis every other race. just my 2 cents, cheers

Im pretty sure the zone lvls being fucked is a bigger issue for descent than the racing schedule. Ive never been 25 in infernal and been like damn if this race was scheduled for a different time this zone wouldn't be lvl 32.
"
terrex wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

I misunderstood. i have only been to desecrating

I did however know somebody would comment on the fact im not clearing enough. You didnt address my main point though terrex. the racing schedule isnt good enough. only dedicated racers can get enough points for high tier race items in the allocated season time (with current schedules) on top of that casual racers never will get a demi EVER. Why MUST people race at the time the schedule says? Why cant there be leagues where you can start your race whenever YOU want (never exceding the max amount of events) obviously there are exceptions to this ie boss kill races but the only disadvantages i see to this type of structure is that people wouldnt get their prizes immediately after a race ( they would have to wait) seems fair given the amount of waiting i do currently for each event to take place. again just my 2 cents

This has nothing to do with Descent and it's been discussed a lot.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1199421

Decent is a race.. it follows the schedule i do think it has something to do with it :) I just feel punishing less than perfect players for other peoples vices seems rather unfair. also i looked for that very thread... couldnt find it
Make Things For Smile!
"
renruB wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
I dunno how you guys are getting 24-26 before infernal shrine(edit, apparently i have never been to infernal). Everytime ive ever made it to desecrated shrine ive been lvl 21. I personally dont think that this is such an issue as the racing schedule itself is an issue. plz GGG fix the racing schedule first, concentrate on the people who want to race but cant rather than the people already winning demis every other race. just my 2 cents, cheers

Im pretty sure the zone lvls being fucked is a bigger issue for descent than the racing schedule. Ive never been 25 in infernal and been like damn if this race was scheduled for a different time this zone wouldn't be lvl 32.

How is the performance of the top 50 players in one race a bigger issue than the entire PoE communitys ability to catch races as a whole? Seems to me this is isnt the smartest obvservation you have ever made sir
Make Things For Smile!
"
AdzPoE wrote:
Decent is a race.. it follows the schedule i do think it has something to do with it :) I just feel punishing less than perfect players for other peoples vices seems rather unfair. also i looked for that very thread... couldnt find it

I guess I don't really understand how a schedule punishes people. I think the general idea behind it is to make it so people in all different time zones are able to race.
Last edited by renruB on Feb 25, 2015, 3:10:18 PM
I want to do all the races i can it punishes my sleep pattern, there aren't enough events for a singular time zone unless you win races over all (today infact none available in my timezone) plus the current top racers are in all those races too meaning its very unlikely anyone else from that timezone will ever get first overall. So to make the schedule fairer ( and less unhealthy) maybe make it so you can only compete in your own timezone against other people in your time zone perhaps even disallowing people from competing cross timezone. I know this isnt going to be a popular idea but currently i see the only arguement that makes any sense vs my point is terrexes' it stops fraud comment which happens to be a really counter productive arguement (basically the entire racing community suffers because of a small number of people whom might decided to double down on no lifing and use 2 accounts or more to get double the prizes). the issue im raising is its impossible to have a regular sleep pattern and seriously participate in any race season, inb4 top 50 in every single race tells me its not.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 25, 2015, 4:17:35 PM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
i want to do all the races i can it punishes my sleep pattern

I think that attitude is a little unrealistic. You do the races you can and do the best you can in those races. I don't think the schedule is going to change any time soon.
"
renruB wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
i want to do all the races i can it punishes my sleep pattern

I think that attitude is a little unrealistic. You do the races you can and do the best you can in those races. I don't think the schedule is going to change any time soon.

This means i basically get 1/4 of the points im currently on. Do you think im not trying hard to do my best? Yet i still run into this issue... telling me its not an issue doesnt make it go away renrub, sorry to argue with you but you are wrong on this. Also the schedule changes every season... I just want to make my point clear on this. GGG you need to create multiple points ladders for the race season EU and US plus AuS as i know those guys need it too (<3 mathil) It's already been implemented for pvp though the pvp is sparce. please just stop catering to the people that want to do all the races from every time zone and pvp events all in one day THIS more than anything is an unrealistic expectation and unfair on most of the community. Competing in as many races as possible is pretty much the only thing that allows me to get alot of points in a race season. Dont tell me you havent seen streamers and top 50 racers with the word "sleepy" at the end a character name, people burn the candle at both ends so to speak, for a shot at the top spots in a race season I am advocating for a change that benefits everyone across the world playing path of exile so i don't see why anyone would argue against this! Mad love for the entire community and the GGG staff <3. Get it done!

Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 25, 2015, 4:02:52 PM
So yeah... about that descent.

Please knock a level off the last zone
Last edited by boof on Feb 25, 2015, 4:20:12 PM
"
boof wrote:
So yeah... about that descent.

Please knock a level off the last zone

+1, totally agree
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 25, 2015, 4:24:25 PM
"
unsane wrote:
Change 3 variable values, literally a ~30 second change. Yet here we are 20 months later still with the same problem. Though admittedly the issue wasn't clearly raised until now.

26 Desecrated Shrine
29 Demonic Shrine
32 Infernal Shrine

becomes

25 Desecrated Shrine
27 Demonic Shrine
29 Infernal Shrine

Voila.

this seems to be the best suggestion!
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 25, 2015, 4:29:21 PM

Report Forum Post