why race events have fixed start time?

Most of races are solo runs. A few are party. Why do we have fixed start time? Your result does not depend on other racers performance in same event. Why events are not like: a race for an hour today (Brutus kill or any other), start any time you like?
Prevents people from doing the same race on multiple accounts.
Taking part in race events to get some reasonable season score take a few hours a day. Usually there are two or three events in playable time. So if someone will be doing same for several accounts, he will probably spend all day playing PoE. I doubt it's realistic for average player, but I see no point to forbid that for very addicted players, if they are not getting advantage.

Playing race from multiply accounts does not gives any unfair advantages, from my point of view. Right?
Races have fixed start times because that's what a race is. What you are asking for is time attacks, which isn't a race, and may or may not make sense to put in a Race season.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
terrex wrote:

This and what Dixxi said, but I would LOVE to see asynchronous races. That would encourage so many more people to race I think.
"
unsane wrote:
Races have fixed start times because that's what a race is. What you are asking for is time attacks, which isn't a race, and may or may not make sense to put in a Race season.

Most of the events by definition are not "races" they are experience farming competitions. To me a race has a clear finish line not governed by a maximum allocated time but by when you finish an objective. Currently the only races poe has (by my definition which i believe is the more commonly shared and logical opinion of what a race actually is) are brutus, merveil, vaal and piety kill races(even though they have a maximum allocated time THESE are the most race like events in the schedule). Id love to see races filling every slot of the schedule with a maximum amount of events you can enter on your account ie this season it would be 120. this DOES NOT give an advantage to anyone looking to use multiple accounts as they would be doing double the work for the same points. They would get double the items but come on... i think the only people disagreeing with dixxis suggestion are salty that more available racing for the ENTIRE community means more competition meaning possibly less demis for them when they already have multiple dozens, either that or people that arent making very good observations. <3
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 25, 2015, 4:58:02 PM
"
terrex wrote:

Tell me terrex why anyone should give a crap about this? Currently mutliple people can play the same account THIS is a much bigger problem. Giving the individual the ability to do more in the time is actually fair incomparison to the state of affairs now. Im advocating for alot more events(multiple races, starting every hour, all day infact) with a cap on how many you are allowed to enter.! love you all poers <3!
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 25, 2015, 5:14:37 PM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

Tell me terrex why anyone should give a crap about this? Currently mutliple people can play the same account THIS is a much bigger problem. Giving the individual the ability to do more in the time is actually fair incomparison to the state of affairs now. Im for more events with a cap on how many you are allowed to enter.! love you all poers <3!

To be honest, I don't care a lot about this at this point but that doesn't mean it is fair when compared to some circumstances. For the racers that do care and push hard for records or really apply themselves to get better and place it really does matter. You can have mulligan races all day until you get the perfect rng run. I do not see the point in having records if this would be allowed.

On another note, rewards can really fluctuate for some that farm them but that to me would be just as brutal as midnight farming.
Last edited by terrex on Feb 25, 2015, 5:15:24 PM
"
terrex wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

Tell me terrex why anyone should give a crap about this? Currently mutliple people can play the same account THIS is a much bigger problem. Giving the individual the ability to do more in the time is actually fair incomparison to the state of affairs now. Im for more events with a cap on how many you are allowed to enter.! love you all poers <3!

To be honest, I don't care a lot about this at this point but that doesn't mean it is fair when compared to some circumstances. For the racers that do care and push hard for records or really apply themselves to get better and place it really does matter. You can have mulligan races all day until you get the perfect rng run. I do not see the point in having records if this would be allowed.

On another note, rewards can really fluctuate for some that farm them but that to me would be just as brutal as midnight farming.

It doesnt mean they can muli at all, it means they can participate in as many races as they want and so can you. i dont see why you are arguing
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 25, 2015, 5:16:50 PM
"
AdzPoE wrote:

It doesnt mean they can muli at all, it means they can participate in as many races as they want and so can you. i dont see why you are arguing

DERP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info