why race events have fixed start time?

I'm not talking about increasing the amount of sigs just vanilla races as i feel i need to participate in a pretty unrealistic amount of races at stupid o clock to get where i want to be. Increasing available races for points only surely cant do much damage. Again i have never said more sigs so stop assuming it.

Why are people such jerks about grammar and punctuation? Seems a bit petty and bullyish to pick on perhaps lesser educated people.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 5:45:48 AM
1) remove all bursts, boss kill, poopscent, d:c, el, other bullshit races
2) add party races instead
3) fill all empty holes in schedule with bullshit from 1) as off-season 'fun' events that give no points.
4) kreygasm
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
3) fill all empty holes in schedule with bullshit from 1) as off-season 'fun' events that give no points.
4) kreygasm

Worst suggestion i've ever seen in my time playing PoE i assume its a joke though
Make Things For Smile!
"
For 3), this has more to do with points/prize structure than the schedule itself. We are open to suggestions.

There are other drawbacks of having free/timeframed races. For example, it might not seem important to you, but racing against someone real time is a completely different experience than you just doing your thing on your own. If you see someone entering a zone or getting a lvl before you, it pushes you to go harder.

Hopefully i get my point across that free/timeframed races are a bad solution to whatever problem you are facing. You either want a different point/prize structure or you want GGG to open EL/D/DC just for fun. If you want more demis, i'm afraid you will have to work for it and increasing races will only make it worse for you.

Im talking about this, though i still advocate for fixed time i think a handful more (non sig) events for each timezone really couldnt hurt, for some 1st place isn't really possible so they have to compete in alot of races to get the points desired but the schedule is very tight meaning its near impossible for some to get where they want to be. by just adding a couple more races in say every 5-6 hour period those who can make them would be able to triple their points income that day. so far all ive seen is how the schedule can be changed to help top scorers and people who get demis every race, this really shouldnt be the main concern of the devs. I really dont care about those people as they have every advantage going right now i care about the multiple thousands of people who would like to race and get reasonable points but only get to make 1 race a day if they are lucky. Im not for freetimed informal races. Im just advocating that there be a couple more races( NOT SIGNITURE RACES ) per day for each major time zone. is that really such a bad thing? Thanks tag for being civil as all ive met is hostility from other top racers.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 6:49:19 AM
"
jstq wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
jstq wrote:
4) kreygasm

Worst suggestion i've ever seen in my time playing PoE i assume its a joke though
no one gives a fuck about your opinion here

You dont care about anybody's opinion but your own.
Make Things For Smile!
"
AdzPoE wrote:

"
Pam wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

nice ctrl c ctrl v effort pam, it seems to me nobody is actually coming up with anything cogent as to why a few more(NON SIG) races per time zone is a bad thing. instead attempting to debunk something they havent even looked at properly. Tag made some points but he still hasnt truely addressed what im talking about
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 6:14:47 AM
"
Throzz wrote:
tag with the logic and paragraphs

Spoiler

Everyone else with the "sit down and shut up" approach though, it's sad. Little ashamed to be associated with some of them. Ach well, we cant all be civil people. shame though.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 6:24:49 AM
"
Pam wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

you got it all wrong, he cares about opinions that agree with his opinion to.
I would like to attend at least every type of race at least once in a season. Nothing to do with rewards, though.

Fixed schedule is fine but starting times really need to be spread out more. It's clear that there's not enough variation.

For example, if the starting time for Event 52 is the ideal for you, the next race on the same slot is on Sunday. And the next race is a full week after. So that slot is really empty, for some reason.

Then there's time slots that have 4-5 race starts in a week. And one hour difference week after that - like an hour would make a difference to anyone. Maybe it does?

The final week in this season has one 8 hour slot that only has 4 races total. Other slots have 10 and 12 races. Whatever way you put it, that's not a very well planned schedule.

Depending on the timezone you play, there can be a huge difference on how many events there are AM vs. PM. This is what creates topics like this one - nothing else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info