1.3 ☼ Oro's Burning Flicker Build ☼ (updated 2015-03-11)

"
spartansainy wrote:
This looks really fun! I might try this on a level 70 respec, with scolds and vms
Please post a video if you do test it :)
(Sorry for my bad english)

Is there any chance that a crit version of your Oro's build can work ? (for more dps xD)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAdHtgxmOAF7Tfu96fXXnCv66Cpt46_zFVvpnoHfXY6eHdn8rdKDdRuOfMHzWilh1EYFKfVFHjX0GID7Pjb_nVCP2veYFtST9TZLUI-jW_94wcc3q53TdqG1sS3i1SKXLNj06QvPq7LAqC4wLcFK5fInTcNVd8p1jDkjljhGWY0OksX_GBx6MNqKjlS7lGVVLwfPw1bQ4YeKCHklR-_UmlRSw2wuXlxa_TC1FfBEPrJjbXnRV8Ww6WFAwXyo22CGwVcZJGzT3g9sqjZeF7FUulA==

Don't know if this version is a good idea but, I wanna try a Burning flicker build for the next 1month.

Any others tips before the beginning of the one month events ?
Last edited by Dagenais on Mar 21, 2015, 1:33:35 PM
"
snajk wrote:
Good luck with calculating the leap slam stops.

Assuming the numbers don't unexpectedly change past level 13 AA, the final result is:
~36% of Leap Slam is considered "movement"

AA + LS mana drain per second = ([leap slam mana cost]/[attack time]) + [AA stationary drain] + 0.36*[AA extra drain]

(attack time, not attack speed...LS's base is 1.4)

Attack speed slightly affects this number but not by much, and not in a linear fashion...meaning there are breakpoints of sorts. You can expect the value to still be within +/-1% of that though.

The trend seems to be that, starting at -30% attack speed, the value will be about 35%...and then increase by about 1% per 55% attack speed.

chart

It's pretty consistent, regardless of AA's level.
Last edited by bullgaria on Mar 22, 2015, 1:53:40 PM
"
Dagenais wrote:
(Sorry for my bad english)

Is there any chance that a crit version of your Oro's build can work ? (for more dps xD)...

Don't know if this version is a good idea but, I wanna try a Burning flicker build for the next 1month.

I haven't tested a crit version, but I have wanted to. Your tree looks good, and haven't gotten any tips really but good luck and have fun with the build. :)

"
bullgaria wrote:

AA + LS mana drain per second = ([leap slam mana cost]/[attack time]) + [AA stationary drain] + 0.36*[AA extra drain]

(attack time, not attack speed...LS's base is 1.4)

So my ([LS cost] 9 + [stationary AA lvl 19 + inner force] 46 + [0,36 * 231.84 AA Mobile cost]) / [attack time of LS] 0.56 = 248 mana/sec? Pretty costly. Nice work with the formula though.
Oops... writing from my phone and screwed up the original equation.

Updated with correct equation and extra info.

"
Dagenais wrote:

My original build with Oro's back when it first came out was shadow with some crit.
The tree is much better now for that sort of variant, so it should work just fine.

I see you posted the level 80 version...keep in mind that you will only be able to play it once you reach level 67, so have something else ready for the earlier levels.
As for your tree, focus more on life than damage...and since you're going crit the more accuracy you have the better.

I'd suggest picking up Darkray Vectors and using something like this tree (or maybe this one if you need resistances) to make the best use out of your frenzy charges. Atziri's Step is also a good option though...but likely wouldn't be cheap in the 1-month.

"
snajk wrote:
So my ([LS cost] 9 + [stationary AA lvl 19 + inner force] 46 + [0,36 * 231.84 AA Mobile cost]) / [attack time of LS] 0.56 = 248 mana/sec? Pretty costly. Nice work with the formula though.

With the updated formula:
([LS cost] 9 / [attack time of LS] 0.56) + [stationary AA lvl 19 + inner force] 46 + [0,36 * 231.84 AA Mobile cost] = 16.07 + 46 + 83.46 = 145.53 mana/sec

This is the max possible cost btw, I'm still not sure if extra time is spent between individual leap slams, but it's impossible to know without GGG staff looking into it (or a lot more testing).
Last edited by bullgaria on Mar 22, 2015, 12:53:24 PM
what's the math look like for resistances running all three purities and this tree?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA-4MfQ3NEH8XLxkuGjgczh0UHb4hsCcvJ-0rUC6UM4c09zWSOlg8LT0PQYdDyEz_TwRVxlXWVw1ZbVugXsBfKl-YZOdmnmjybqpxhXKpdFV8DnxLfNmApIKbgseIWo9GkFWWdJeFm6GezZ_LoEKiAKcwp1WsmK2Nr2yxQrXytz7AGsT2xp7Grs8yz37SIdi92WHhc-w47SDwH_Fs8xH3MvfX-ej60v4K_lQ=

I'm trying to figure out how to swing having scolds and vms, but that makes it AWFULLY unique heavy. I wonder with 26% to buffs, and 10% to auras... does that add to 36% increased purity? which would give us 53% to all res, leaving us to acquire 12 fire res, 32 cold res, and 82 lightning res on gloves, boots and belt... just to reach cap and not to mention all of the required dexterity :/

I'm also giving up a lot of damage on that tree to be able to afford the mana for both a very fast fs, and to be able to run vaal molten shell in this build at level 70. I'm hoping the vms out performs the lack of damage on the tree, as well as my regeneration to out perform the damage taken from scolds...

I just wing my trees though, my maths aren't very strong.

If someone could take a look at my tree and help me figure out maybe a better path and how to gear this, I'd like very much to try this on my Templar respec.

Edit: imbedded tree and to mention: I intend to run a cloak of flame, dual mokus, atziri's foible, obviously the oro's and scolds, and possibly dori's fire belt

Last edited by spartansainy on Mar 23, 2015, 5:52:42 PM
"
spartansainy wrote:
what's the math look like for resistances running all three purities and this tree?

https://poe.mikelat.com/#cgJCb/O68-tmd

Auras in this build, I suggest dropping anger for purity of elements if you have trouble with resistances.
https://poe.mikelat.com/#cgJCb/E7iNjl

"
spartansainy wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to swing having scolds and vms, but that makes it AWFULLY unique heavy. I wonder with 26% to buffs, and 10% to auras... does that add to 36% increased purity? which would give us 53% to all res, leaving us to acquire 12 fire res, 32 cold res, and 82 lightning res on gloves, boots and belt... just to reach cap and not to mention all of the required dexterity :/
Resistance ain't a problem with this build since the uniques used have loads of resistances on them, here is a screenshot of my resistances without my helmet equiped in town. http://i.imgur.com/kKjkFx1.png

"
spartansainy wrote:

I'm also giving up a lot of damage on that tree to be able to afford the mana for both a very fast fs, and to be able to run vaal molten shell in this build at level 70. I'm hoping the vms out performs the lack of damage on the tree, as well as my regeneration to out perform the damage taken from scolds...
I don't see a problem to sustain the cost of flicker strike if you stick with the lvl 14 clarity, then the mana reg from the tree and Atziri's Foible should cover it.

What I think might be a problem though is that with a mana cost of 24 on flicker strike you will take 400% of that as phys damage = 96. Then cloak of flame will reduce that by 20% to 76.8. I haven't looked up if it gets further reduced by armour but I am using a lvl 19 atm that will reduce phys dmg by -184 with inner force. I have too little knowledge about Scold's damage mechanic to know if it will still count as "damage taken" and proc vaal molten shell or not.
Last edited by snajk on Mar 25, 2015, 1:10:11 PM
I would already be dropping anger and hoi for the three purities, ice lightning and fire. I want high enough mana regeneration so aa isn't constantly shutting off, since I'm a ditz. I know scolds counts to proc vms but Idk how that works with aa. Worst case scenario I level fs a bit to increase the damage taken.

I'm planning on running a 5L, flicker, multistrike,faster attacks, weapon elemental damage and fire pen.

Then a 4L vms, increased aoe, concentrated aoe, and increased duration.

Probably run vaal haste and vaal immortal call too for good measure.

With foible, what's the required dexterity of pertinent skills/items
Was doing some thinking, and I don't think multistrike is the way to go in a VMS variant. While multistrike greatly increases the attack speed of flickerstrike, with vms we'd be at a disadvantage. Multistrike only charges us for one use, and then attacks 3 times. with scolds, we'd only be procing the vms damage 1/3 of our attacks per second. With faster attacks, while we will be flickering less quickly, our vms will proc more frequently.

I will need to see what I can get for total ignite chance to see if I can possibly overcome the difference.

with scolds and vms, we're basically just using flicker for the initial souls and then as a proc, that may well be faster than the flamenado builds. blegh... so interesting yet so complicated.
"
spartansainy wrote:
Was doing some thinking, and I don't think multistrike is the way to go in a VMS variant. While multistrike greatly increases the attack speed of flickerstrike, with vms we'd be at a disadvantage. Multistrike only charges us for one use, and then attacks 3 times. with scolds, we'd only be procing the vms damage 1/3 of our attacks per second. With faster attacks, while we will be flickering less quickly, our vms will proc more frequently.

I will need to see what I can get for total ignite chance to see if I can possibly overcome the difference.

with scolds and vms, we're basically just using flicker for the initial souls and then as a proc, that may well be faster than the flamenado builds. blegh... so interesting yet so complicated.

Ah yes with vms the main source of damage would probably come from Scold's procs. With the extra ignite chance from gear, Doryani's and if if you get at least 14Q on vms, you will have a 100% chance to ignite on vms. That should then always give you more frenzy charges to continuously flicker without multistrike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info