1.3 ☼ Oro's Burning Flicker Build ☼ (updated 2015-03-11)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, maybe I missed someone mentioning it. While they've fixed weapon elemental damage gem to work with Oro's, extra damage from quality does not seem to do anything. Anyone want to check it in case I'm just crazy?
Starting a new Templar with this, just wondering if there were any tips on what Nodes to go for first, maybe a Level 20/40/60 tree to help out? Thanks!
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
Starting a new Templar with this, just wondering if there were any tips on what Nodes to go for first, maybe a Level 20/40/60 tree to help out? Thanks!

I haven't tested how well this works but I guess something like this would be a good path to progress after: 25 points used, 40 points used, 54 points used and 68 points used.
"
snajk wrote:
I haven't tested how well this works but I guess something like this would be a good path to progress after: 25 points used, 40 points used, 54 points used and 68 points used.

My own progression went something like this (using the same point values):
25 points, 40 points, 54 points, 68 points
...and then the final 85 points when accounting for quest rewards at level 67
"
Ancalanar wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, maybe I missed someone mentioning it. While they've fixed weapon elemental damage gem to work with Oro's, extra damage from quality does not seem to do anything. Anyone want to check it in case I'm just crazy?

i'm a bit late but no one answered this question and maybe it's useful for someone.
this is working as intended: quality on weapons improve only physical damage not elemental.

I dont have a high lv templar to test this build so i use my ea shadow to test oro flicker, my ea shadow have 285% more fire dmg from tree but the dps is so bad, only about 2k3, i use :
Flicker-MeleeSplash-WED-MultiStrike-LL-FirePen
My passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcHHgdjCPQOSBGWEmkWvxhqGjgabB8CIbAmlScvKPopTyqNLR8ulDI0NPc22DwFPV9Bh0V8RZ1G10kbSVFMs1JTU1JVS1XGVytYB13yXyph4mP9akNrF20ZcYV0VXgveuZ85X_GgpuCx4Pbh2WMNo9GkFWVIJUulnSXhZeVl5eX9Jo7muCboZ1jna6f36IAoqOksacIrJivt7FCtDi2hrc-uJO86r2CwBrAVMHzy73YveFz5CLlGeWO6-Tr7uw47FXtIO988NXxbPMR99f56Pv1_gr-sw==
I very want test this build in 2.0 since i heard people say GGG will add some ele dmg leech nodes to the tree but the dps is really ....
melee splash it's not really useful like in phys builds, proliferation is better for aoe.
the dps you deal is way higher than what is shown in the tooltip cause you added fire pen.
"
leviathaHF wrote:
I dont have a high lv templar to test this build so i use my ea shadow to test oro flicker, my ea shadow have 285% more fire dmg from tree but the dps is so bad, only about 2k3, i use : Flicker-MeleeSplash-WED-MultiStrike-LL-FirePen

I somehow doubt that it's only 2k...it might be 2k *per hit*, but not 2k dps.

Switch melee splash for elemental proliferation...the rest looks fine, actually the leech can be dropped with enough regen from tree + fire leech belt and/or corrupted fire leech amulet.

"
leviathaHF wrote:
I very want test this build in 2.0 since i heard people say GGG will add some ele dmg leech nodes to the tree but the dps is really ....

Haven't heard anything about that...regardless, this build definitely got a buff in 2.0 by making it easier to ignite (jewel mod).
How are we doing in 2.0?
"
ata wrote:
How are we doing in 2.0?

Hey, a lot have changed in 2.0 and as a result the build have undergone some extensive changes. The biggest change is the Fireborn jewel. This jewel allows us to pick some nice two hander nodes below the duelist for some sweet damage and attack speed.

The reason I haven't updated the build is because I haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet with the new changes. In theory the build should get a 3x increase in dps; but lose some survivability because of the changes to AA. You can find my notes and some mana calculations for 2.0 on my google spreadsheet here, if you are interested. These notes are only based on theorycrafting though. I will update it as soon as possible after trying it out myself.
Last edited by snajk on Jul 16, 2015, 2:22:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info