Tips / FAQ for new players

Thanks, it finally sped up and I'm in now...well, not right now, it kicked me out. =)

First thing I noticed was I walked right by two items on the ground because I didn't notice them. I guess I'm used to being led by the hand to find items....
Can this be stickied?
Good read.

Thanks for the stickied article.
"
rally_point wrote:
First thing I noticed was I walked right by two items on the ground because I didn't notice them.

Press Z to show items on the ground permanently.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
it seems this game doesnt support low level players(maybe because not to attrack bots) for gaining transmutations/alterations and other lower currency.. drops are the same at low level and at high level zones(as low level character and as high level character)

any more information on this topic? id like to get a bit richer at least at the start till lvl 30-40 or so..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Can someone tell me what "WTS" and "WTB" mean when trading?

Also, is there a way to know the approximate price of an item? For instance, a specific level 1 skill gem?
Hey Malice

I read through the whole forum and compiled a video with all the points ,took a bit of time but got it done . Here is part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBlDjvmCyM
"
gonzaw wrote:
Can someone tell me what "WTS" and "WTB" mean when trading?

Also, is there a way to know the approximate price of an item? For instance, a specific level 1 skill gem?

WTS means want to sell and WTB means want to buy.
"
imortal98 wrote:
Hey Malice

I read through the whole forum and compiled a video with all the points ,took a bit of time but got it done . Here is part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBlDjvmCyM

Nice job on the first video, however the second one got some things a bit wrong:

- It does not matter whether gems are socketed in weapons or armour, arc + increased critical strikes will be the same in both a weapon and an armour piece. All that matters is that they are linked.

- Flat Added damage from the Added Lightning Damage gem will work regardless of whether the linked skill already does lightning damage or not. I see what you were getting at, eg. Added Fire Damage (which adds a percentage of physical damage as fire) would be useless if used on arc, since arc does no physical damage. But gems like added lightning, added cold, and added chaos say something like Adds 10-20 Cold Damage. These gems will work with any damage-dealing spell or attack (but not skills that don't deal damage, like auras and curses).

- Socket colours are weighted based on the attribute requirements of the item they appear on, not the player's attributes. Items requiring STR are more likely to get red sockets, items requiring DEX & INT are more likely to get green and blue sockets, etc.
"
webas wrote:
it seems this game doesnt support low level players(maybe because not to attrack bots) for gaining transmutations/alterations and other lower currency.. drops are the same at low level and at high level zones(as low level character and as high level character)

any more information on this topic? id like to get a bit richer at least at the start till lvl 30-40 or so..

If you pick up and sell every magic & rare item you find, that can provide a decent (but not outstanding) amount of basic orbs for use while levelling.

I wouldn't recommend identifying them all though, you will run out of scrolls fast. Just identify things that might be an upgrade for you, and sell the rest unidentified.

Then if you find yourself with a surplus of transmutations, you can start using them on every potentially useful white item you find (like flasks). Or you can sell them for scrolls if you're low on scrolls.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info