Doeboy™ 👊 #1 Cast On Cyclone Discharge HP/Dodge or CI

:^)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Dec 8, 2015, 2:30:46 PM
Right !
I meant herald of ice :-)
but is it worth multimodding or should I really weight for a Poignar or slaughter knife ?
great build!!

just 1 question...i am a solo player and a group player..do you guys know if i could change discharge for some group friendly gem while i play with friends? i tried arc..works okay but any other suggestions?
i know im wasting voll's with this but i kinda feel bad for killing everything so fast and burning my friends PC's at the same time

thanks

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Dec 8, 2015, 2:30:53 PM
Is it normal that im still dying from reflect even with leg saffell and purities aura ?
Hi, I rerad the first post and I think I figured out why we need ice nova in this build as your comment in your previous post puzzled me.

So correct me if I am wrong.

1) you hit first with cyclone +cold damage (i.e. herald of ice, with my dagger, with the cold damage in it). Elemental Equilibrium (EE)kicks in so +25 cold, -50% rest lightning and fire (perfect for discharge with power charge (lightning damage) and endurance charge (fire damage) from or voll's devotion (

2) then cast on crit discharge (in my case only power charge as I have no voll's devotion), which means lightning damage.
Ice nova triggers first which means for EE that +25% to cold damage, -50 for lightning and fire
So for the targets hit by cyclone +cold damage from before, then they have +50% to resist the ice nova, but we do not care because the ice nova which has a large range will attack monsters that are further away (so +50% cold from ice nove EE and -50%lightning/fire) AND the discharge will then trigger.
4) All the monsters have -50% vs lightning and fire, which means a huge damage boost for Discharge.
5) rinse and repeat !
This is really pure genius to attack with rotating elemental damage source. The effect of EE is multiplying the damage !

Is my reasoning correct ?
In that case and using my dagger + cold damage, wouldn't I benefit more to have an increased area of effect than ice nova ?

The closer target would suffer from EE (most likely blue, yellow and bosses who are more resistant while the white die from discharge anyway, even without EE's effects).

Sorry for the long post, but I would like to make sure I understood the works correctly :-)
Spoiler

Hey I'd say my gears on the high end of the spectrum. Loving the build. So much fun. 79atm
Just curious only at 2.8k Hp atm. I've got 2 HP jewels I haven't socketed yet. And a few HP nodes too. You think I'm on target for 4k?

Spoiler

They're the ones I've yet to put in. Can't link the others cos I'm on my mobile. But they're similar
Last edited by Moon_Bear on Aug 16, 2015, 12:28:02 AM
At 64 now in Merciless and having some small problems with tankiness. My damage output is pretty good and most stuff is dead before it has a chance to hit me but on bosses or yellow mobs I some times just get one shotted. With no combat log I'm not sure if it's them one shotting me or maybe it was some damage reflected?

I know one thing I need is to get my resistances up but the problem with that is I'm having attribute problems. Right now my strength is the issue, I have to sacrifice certain items I have with better resistances b/c if I swap them around my strength is then not high enough to run the gems I have slotted. I took one of the +30 strength noedes as well, which it seems you did not do so I'm curious how yo got by on strength requirements as it doesn't seem the gear you linked has much +strength either? Right now I need at least 121 strength for my slotted gems I have 122, that's with the +30 strength passive and a +32 str on my belt. Not being able to swap out my belt is costing me about 15% in resists across the board right now.

Not sure if non-capped resists are my issue but it's a problem I want to solve regardless so at least I can eliminate it as a possiblity.
Going for world record 1519 amulets and no voll's

Last edited by Doe on Dec 8, 2015, 2:31:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info