Doeboy™ 👊 #1 Cast On Cyclone Discharge HP/Dodge or CI

"

build is HP + EVA/Dodge (accro) based, es is only used for EB if using a volls devo (which is easy to grind for tbh)

Aoe is most needed to clear big packs and especially very helpfull if the pack is of ranged enemies.

if u are squishy u should use ur flasks more often, and stack hp. (4k+ is enough tho)

but why not drop EB/accro get Ghostreaver/vaal pact and go hybrid instead?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Nov 12, 2015, 9:36:01 AM
:^)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Dec 8, 2015, 2:47:37 PM
Been running this build for 1 week now, having so much fun. I have trouble with survavibility though. I was wondering if it viable to switch Life Leech gem for Fortify instead? I have some life leech on a jewel and since we are running Vaal Pact I am wondering if it will be sufficient.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Hi,
planning on repeccing my very old DD Templar to this. All I need is Voll's Protector and Vagan Dagger with 1.4+ APS and 8.00+ Local Crit right (additional % spell damage) right?
Last edited by Byunjin on Nov 13, 2015, 4:32:17 PM
Hey guys and thanks for this build. I just wanted to make sure that this dagger does not hurt EE since it is not adding lightning to spell damage right? Im not currently using EE because I'm unsure. That's why im using herald of lightning at the moment.

I also had issues with survivability so I had to spec out of dodge/eva and go with more life + armour. At least for now. I have a hard time against bosses.
Last edited by SlayerxBlake on Nov 14, 2015, 12:08:21 PM
"
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"

build is HP + EVA/Dodge (accro) based, es is only used for EB if using a volls devo (which is easy to grind for tbh)

Aoe is most needed to clear big packs and especially very helpfull if the pack is of ranged enemies.

if u are squishy u should use ur flasks more often, and stack hp. (4k+ is enough tho)

but why not drop EB/accro get Ghostreaver/vaal pact and go hybrid instead?!

did u read what the keynodes of the build are?

it doesnt make sense, and the only dangerous dmg is chaos, which will ignore ur ES pool anyway.
heavy physical dmg will 1shot u even with a decent es pool covering ur hp.
so using all leech for a low es pool (4-6k) having zero lifeleech and regen (vaalpact) wont be "tankier", especially if u have to drop the dodge parts in the tree.

Also running RF with a hybrid is pretty bad.

RF is only relevant for uber atziri herself, nowhere else. At uber we either 100% fire res (I use ROTP for this fight) or leech all the time anyways.

Chaos is not the only dangerous damage. When is the last time you tried a T13+ with GMP -max lanternbearers or flamebearers? How about vuln with colossals? Or temp chains with 1-2 damage mods. All of these scenarios are dangerous, and more effective HP is the best mitigation for it. Also 3k HP with 30chres is the same as 6.8kHP with -60chres.

How can 3.5k HP + 5.5k ES possibly be worse than 4.5k HP + Acro? Also how can 5.5k ES be low when you have 4.5k life? What...

I suggested hybrid to OP around page 90. He dismissed it because he thought I couldn't sustain mana (lol...). Even if you prefer Acro there's still absolutely no reason to use EB on this build, even if you don't go hybrid. You only need 2 MGOH jewels, same as 2 ESGOH jewels.

Hybrid is more tanky, more reliable (no eva/acro), has less damage, but still enough for any content in the game. Whereas this build overkills but probably isn't tanky enough to level to 100. I haven't seen anyone level with this build to 100, nor anyone play it in HC. I've heard from several people playing my hybrid build in HC.

Since posting here, I've hit L100 and did all the content in this game with hybrid. Even vaal temple double boss with vulnerability. See the links in my signature if you're interested.

I don't think OP has much experience with hybrid/hp stacking builds so he underrates them, and just wants to push his builds with maxed gear.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
frogemoth wrote:
Been running this build for 1 week now, having so much fun. I have trouble with survavibility though. I was wondering if it viable to switch Life Leech gem for Fortify instead? I have some life leech on a jewel and since we are running Vaal Pact I am wondering if it will be sufficient.

Don't drop life leech.

Survivability tips from someone who uses this build and used to die a lot:
Gear/stats:
1. Max Ele resists (jewels can help with this as this build doesn't have much room elsewhere).
2. Get as much life as possible. I'm at 3.9k at level 88 and should be able to exceed 4k easily by 90. Decent jewels (+7% max life) help a LOT with this. There's also a very good place to use the unique jewel Anatomical Knowledge near EE on the tree. The more life you have, the better chance you have of avoiding being one/two-shotted.
3. Have a good Cast When Damage Taken setup. I don't have a Voll's Devotion, so I use this combo instead:

4. Fortify + Whirling Blades + Faster attacks.

Gameplay:
1. Watch out for bleeding damage and make sure you have a flask for it. It can take you by surprise very easily. Because we crit a lot, we can take advantage of a flask like this to always be prepared:

2. Watch out for heavy physical damage. Usually you can just keep attacking and life-regen out of it, but if you're on very low HP it's too risky. Whirling Blades to escape and heal. Devourers and Birdmen are quite good at inflicting surprise bursts of phys dmg.
3. Watch out for elemental reflect mobs. You can easily out-regen them, but if they (or surrounding mobs) hit you the moment before leech occurs... Best strategy is to kill any other mobs in the area and let your AOE damage the reflect mob. Don't facetank it until it's almost dead.
4. Trigger Fortify with Whirling Blades. Initiate an attack by diving into a pack to proc Fortify, then Cyclone. You can also use this attack to kite bosses while you heal up from a flask in bad situations.
Last edited by Thauma on Nov 18, 2015, 6:29:34 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for this build guide, OP! Finally got my 6L Voll's Protector and 4k+ life. I'm basically invincible now :P It's insane. Gonna try an Atziri run soon.

I'm using budget mode:
3x Elreon Jewellery (I can cast Cyclone and Whirling Blades for no mana; not using EB)
CWDT + Frost Wall + Enfeeble
HoIce + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark / Elemental Weakness

In my 6L I use:
Cyclone + Cast on crit + Life Leech + Ice Nova + Discharge + Firestorm
I went for Firestorm because it doesn't increase mana cost (allowing me to keep Cyclone free). It also procs EE for additional damage and adds another life leech source which actually works out to be quite consistent as Firestorm has a longer duration than Nova and Discharge. Increased Area of Effect works too if I switch in a +2 mana on hit jewel; more effective for trash mobs but not reliable enough for rare mobs and bosses.

Video I did the other week before I got 6L:
https://youtu.be/XjrpDIQhfIg
Last edited by Thauma on Nov 17, 2015, 8:31:52 PM
How do you use Cyclone + Cast on Crit + Discharge all linked? I can't cast Cyclone when it's linked to Cast on Crit.
What do you think about using the Scold's Bridle helmet instead of Rat's Nest? Which one's better? Sorry if this was mentioned in the 116 pages previous.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info